F@ck Northlake!

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 10:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 212 Likes on 174 Posts

Tip for the no front plate guys. Keep your issued front plate in your trunk. If you get pulled over tell the cop you ordered a front tag bracket from the dealership and you are waiting on it to come in. It wont work twice with the same cop but most of them will let you off with a warning.

As for the tint, I hate to play devils advocate if you have illegal tint and you get ticketed for it. Thats kind of your fault man. If you had legal tint and they ticketed you for it thatd be one thing, but limo tint isnt going to fly.

As for the seatbelt, thats just bullshit and Id have a strong feeling that the judge would dismiss it given you have a clean record.

If I were you Id go into court and tell the judge you'll plead no contest to the tint charge if they'll drop the front plate and seatbelt tickets. Just my .02.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:15 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Front license plate loophole... might be useful.

http://dallasattorney.com/blog/114-n...ng-key-element

Aren't many states requiring a front anymore... but Texas likes making twice as many plates. Gives the criminals one to steal when they're feeling crafty.

It's actually ironic that taxpayer money is used to stamp plates, and of course it's the taxpayer who pays the revenue generated for not having one.

Yanks are funny...
Old 05-22-2012, 11:09 AM
Launching!

I think the front license plate loophole is going to be closed or already is. It's nice our wonderful lawmakers trip even themselves

I was pulled over in Post, TX for no front plate. I had a field sobriety test done that I supposedly failed (stone cold sober), had my vehicle searched for 10 mins, then told I could continue on without a citation. Almost 45 mins wasted. I later learned from a chick that went to high school with the cop he has always been known as a ****head.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:12 AM
On The Tree

Question

You consented to a search?
Old 05-25-2012, 09:28 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NemeSS
Just watch out for the narco camaro!!.
I knew i had that gmhtp mag.
I went and looked for it.
Has h/c + nass.
Oh no i so scurred for you folks. You cannot outrun the narco camaro.
Him got a fast intake too. And just incase you do outrun the radio.
He got the nass. You wont get too far.
That car isn't catching ****
Old 05-26-2012, 11:11 AM
Teching In

Your story sounds like its missing details

Put your front plate on your car. It's illegal to not have one. Cops can spot fbods so easy and gives them a reason to pull you over and find other things wrong

Also, cops don't have a quota rule. If you're cool to cops they can be friendly also. Some cops arent.
Old 05-26-2012, 11:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 94fixerTA
Just talked to a buddy and you should fight the no plate ticket. It's currently not a law but probably will be brought back next year. Also said if he pulled you over for no front plate then all three tickets would be dismissed if its on his dash cam, and to file a complaint to his Sargent and he may dismiss to keep from getting a formal complaint on file.
This is what I thought...
Old 05-26-2012, 12:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by kingd_202
Yea I have limo tint and yea I remember last year getting 6 tickets in northlake coming from north star... Sorry sorry SOB's, there place we're you pay your ticket is in some sort of double wide...
YEP!! I got a speeding ticket going down 35 headed to southlake, taking my girlfriend to her bday dinner. When I went to take care of it, I passed their little **** hole "police station" 2 times before I called to see where the hell it was. The Northlake cops like to sit on the overpasses and radar cars going by on the freeway. That's how he got me.
Old 05-26-2012, 01:24 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by mattLS1

Put your front plate on your car. It's illegal to not have one. Cops can spot fbods so easy and gives them a reason to pull you over and find other things wrong

Also, cops don't have a quota rule. If you're cool to cops they can be friendly also. Some cops arent.
Missing detail, it was just complete bull **** and was not arguing or anything with the cop.
Old 05-26-2012, 04:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

I was pulled over twice on April 15 for no front plate, first cop gave me a ticket for it. The second cop let me go since I had already received a ticket for it an hour prior.
Old 05-26-2012, 05:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mattLS1

I'll agree with the first part. The second part is not exactly true. If an officer doesn't write a certain amount of tickets he is going to get and asschewing from his boss. Tickets show the higher ups that patrol is doing more than sitting on their ***.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:53 AM
Teching In

That Camaro cop is not a liget cop is it? I would love to pull up next to him at a light just for fun.

I have gotten alot of tickets over the years with high profile Vehicals. The worst was my slowest car!! 94 lowered ranger, i paid 500 for. I paid out over 3400 dollars in tickets after 8 months. I sold the pos. In my cts-v no cops look at my car. The power of sleeper is awesome
Old 06-14-2012, 12:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by CTS-V Sleeper
That Camaro cop is not a liget cop is it? I would love to pull up next to him at a light just for fun.

I have gotten alot of tickets over the years with high profile Vehicals. The worst was my slowest car!! 94 lowered ranger, i paid 500 for. I paid out over 3400 dollars in tickets after 8 months. I sold the pos. In my cts-v no cops look at my car. The power of sleeper is awesome
Maybe cops dont like pulling over people who they think have money to pay a lawyer. I always notice its mostly POS cars pulled over with people who look like they are barley getting by, now they have to pay a ticket...just an observation
Old 06-14-2012, 12:42 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Ravenous T\A
Maybe cops dont like pulling over people who they think have money to pay a lawyer. I always notice its mostly POS cars pulled over with people who look like they are barley getting by, now they have to pay a ticket...just an observation
Hmm this is a good thought. My previous car was a 1992 honda accord and I got pulled over MANY times for the dumbest things. I have had my t/a for two years and have not gotten pulled over a single time.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:53 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by derrickman05
Dude that used to **** me off so bad. If I was in my camaro then I'd get pulled over for bs like a license plate light that was "out" but magically turned itself back on when WE went to go look at it. But if I was in my Vette then they would wave or thumbs up. Buy a Vette, they'll leave you alone
ME TOO! i thought i was the only one! happened to me last year.... im not even close to where you are, but cleveland cops are the same! just got a front license plate ticket 2 weeks ago... didnt say a word to me but "i smell pot" and heres your ticket lol i was like ooook..

there is plenty of cops who actually do their job and there is complete power hungry dick head cops that just do it cause they can... and to them cops
Old 06-14-2012, 11:02 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by red98ls1
Well, i can't say that I haven't heard something like that before, but I set my cruise on 73 and wave at them when they are sitting on the bridge by the speedway and haven't been pulled over.
I remembered this post and decided to start setting my cruise on 73. Got pulled over the other day by the Speedway, written warning. Maybe because I didn't do the wave?
Old 06-18-2012, 12:11 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by eLiT3SnIpEz
I remembered this post and decided to start setting my cruise on 73. Got pulled over the other day by the Speedway, written warning. Maybe because I didn't do the wave?
LOL, man that sucks! I drive through there everyday since I live in Ft Worth and work in Denton. Passed so many cops and even troopers at 73. I'm gonna knock on wood and carry my rabits foot now!

Of course I am in a Sedan though (G8)
Old 06-18-2012, 01:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 212 Likes on 174 Posts

This whole thread, this is the only thing I can think of.

"Stop breaking the law *******!"