The "FIRST" Twin Turbo Lamborghi Aventador just rolled off the assembly line

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 07:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They are just wicked fast street cars, and not really optimized for 1/4 mile drag racing. The guy at AMS I talked to said their goal for some of their 1000+ hp packages was to have a fast street car that can drive anywhere and run at the track whenever. They accomplished that no doubt. UGR lambos seem more suited for highway racing and top speed runs/mile type courses, not drag from a dig but cant deny the effectiveness of that AWD stuff. 0-60 on the street in less than 2.5 seconds is getting it done and would be very hard to compete with. That would be awesome to see at our Flash Light Drags which is just a "street" race done at a local airport strip on a concrete launch pad and its not prepped. They would do well in something like that although there are a few big tire cars lifting the front wheels up there.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:23 AM
LS7 Member

Originally Posted by Orr89rocz
They are just wicked fast street cars, and not really optimized for 1/4 mile drag racing. The guy at AMS I talked to said their goal for some of their 1000+ hp packages was to have a fast street car that can drive anywhere and run at the track whenever. They accomplished that no doubt. UGR lambos seem more suited for highway racing and top speed runs/mile type courses, not drag from a dig but cant deny the effectiveness of that AWD stuff. 0-60 on the street in less than 2.5 seconds is getting it done and would be very hard to compete with. That would be awesome to see at our Flash Light Drags which is just a "street" race done at a local airport strip on a concrete launch pad and its not prepped. They would do well in something like that although there are a few big tire cars lifting the front wheels up there.
You're missing the point...
Old 06-12-2012, 02:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I guess I am... I never expected those to be 1/4 mile machines and when someone says thats what they are for, I kinda get a puzzled look on my face
Old 06-12-2012, 03:40 PM
TECH Resident

I like...

Last edited by 03Sssnake; 06-21-2012 at 10:19 AM.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:54 PM
TECH Junkie

I guess I am... I never expected those to be 1/4 mile machines and when someone says thats what they are for, I kinda get a puzzled look on my face
It was sarcasm on my part.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:31 PM
On The Tree

I watched one of those UGR guys cart wheel his Lambo at 200 at the Texas mile awhile back because he didn't know how to use the chute with the brakes. Pretty sad. Money don't buy you brains
Old 06-19-2012, 09:06 PM
LS7 Member

Originally Posted by F-MAN-SS
I watched one of those UGR guys cart wheel his Lambo at 200 at the Texas mile awhile back because he didn't know how to use the chute with the brakes. Pretty sad. Money don't buy you brains
Cool post. Thanks for sharing
Old 06-19-2012, 09:49 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by F-MAN-SS
You lose...
Old 06-19-2012, 10:12 PM
Staging Lane

I like it, but some of the reading I have done gives me pause about their tactics. I think if I wanted to go that fast, a $20K check to RCC turbo for a turnkey Busa and a huge pair of brass ***** would be more my price range. There's a thread or two going on on that topic on busa boards now.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:16 PM
LS7 Member

Originally Posted by ocshaman
I like it, but some of the reading I have done gives me pause about their tactics. I think if I wanted to go that fast, a $20K check to RCC turbo for a turnkey Busa and a huge pair of brass ***** would be more my price range. There's a thread or two going on on that topic on busa boards now.
Old 06-20-2012, 12:50 AM
DMG
Teching In

There is a guy with a modded GTR that runs at the Flashlight Drags in Greene county. He has run against full on drag cars and won. He said he uses the launch control and has messed with the clutch packs in the trans to launch harder. It is awesome to watch.
Old 06-20-2012, 02:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Think you guys need to realise that the 1/4 mile is not the only racing that exists.
That Lambo is amazing that it covers street, road race, drags & it does it extremely well.
Love to see how many of you that criticise the car have a hope in staying anywhere near its rear in all 3 of above let alone one.
Old 06-20-2012, 02:10 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by -Ross-
Jeez Christo
WOP hahaha

Last edited by 1999CamaroSS; 06-20-2012 at 02:17 AM.
Old 06-20-2012, 06:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 171 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by ls1 1990 VN
Think you guys need to realise that the 1/4 mile is not the only racing that exists.
That Lambo is amazing that it covers street, road race, drags & it does it extremely well.
Love to see how many of you that criticise the car have a hope in staying anywhere near its rear in all 3 of above let alone one.
You can't tell anyone on tech that there is more to cars than living your life a 1/4 mile at a time

Haven't you read the '13 GT500 vs '12 ZL1 threads. Clearly handling and driveability are afterthoughts here

UGR TT anything would keep me happy for a very long time I don't even require a Lambo, an R8 would do just fine!
Old 06-20-2012, 08:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Love to see how many of you that criticise the car have a hope in staying anywhere near its rear in all 3 of above let alone one
No doubt other racing exists but 90% of the ppl care about 1/4 mile. thats the easiest most accessible form of racing around. I'm not critising the lambo but for the price tag of the lambo, you better be getting a car that can cover all 3 of those things. Its a super car and thats what supercars do. For alot less money you can build a ultima GTR or SL-C kit car and outclass the lambo in all categories. Practically anything can be made fast with enough money. Heck a certain 60's camaro back in the 80's was whooping Europe's best offerings at open road racing They were going 200 mph 20 years ago.

There is a guy with a modded GTR that runs at the Flashlight Drags in Greene county. He has run against full on drag cars and won. He said he uses the launch control and has messed with the clutch packs in the trans to launch harder. It is awesome to watch.
I didnt know that, i havent been to the FLD's at all but wanted to go. I know mid 8 second cars up there on BIG tires that can sometimes hook ok but they still get beat by slower cars since they are launching so hard. A modded GTR would be hard to beat up there.
Old 06-27-2012, 07:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No ****! I was going to say, this feels like a damn Marvel Comics Production! I could watch a feature film about this car.

Originally Posted by red281gt
It will be on the next avengers movie as ironman car

Who the hell makes all these vids?! Damn movie producer or what
Old 06-27-2012, 01:41 PM
TECH Pimp

If it wasn't so ugly... I like my cars to look like catfish.

Quick Reply: The "FIRST" Twin Turbo Lamborghi Aventador just rolled off the assembly line