Looking to buy a new truck need advice!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 05:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got a dodge with the 6.7 and it gets decent mileage, mid 20's hwy. I put a H&S Minni max tuner on it and did all the deletes (dpf,egr,egr cooler) it runs good but I just drive it and tow with it. I don't race it.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by derrickman05
I've got a dodge with the 6.7 and it gets decent mileage, mid 20's hwy. I put a H&S Minni max tuner on it and did all the deletes (dpf,egr,egr cooler) it runs good but I just drive it and tow with it. I don't race it.
thats all i would use it for as well.
Old 06-16-2012, 10:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yep, got a race car and don't need a race truck.

Thanks for all of your opinions. I think I'm going to go with an 06 duramax. I testdrove one an I liked it. Just need to find a good cheap way to get a loan for a vehicle with over 100k miles.
Old 06-17-2012, 01:19 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by retardedpenguin
Lol you're a bitch.

... 20's chipped...
??? What is wrong with you.

All trucks are good at the right years. A newer gm has a great setup, but a crappy body. Avoid GM to pre04 because of the injectors. Fords are good at all years except 03 to 10 (ford decided to overpower the 6.0 and 6.4 -- in reality they are both very good engines). I test drove a 2012 and I fell in love with it and the sales guy knew his stuff too (weird-I asked him a ton of technical details.). However, they are butt ugly and I don't trust the engine yet. The sales guy straight up told me that they are riding everything on this engine so hopefully it's built damn well. Dodge used to have a pretty crappy truck with the best engine. I'm going to say this now IT STILL IS THE BEST ENGINE. It's the smoothest (3-phase engines have full internal balance), it makes the torque in the best place, and it's also a tractor engine. The RAMs have gotten better in terms of differentials, transmission, and frame. They are going to switch over to the urea setup soon (damn good thing) and their gas mileage will be much better due to less regens. I'm going to buy a new RAM when they add urea when it comes out in December. Plus Cummins knows their stuff-- can anyone say optional premium engine in the larger trucks that takes 30+ percent of the market? and they also nudged CAT out of the market.

Oh GM fanboys--don't be too proud of the duramax. It's a good engine, but it's not even designed by an American company. Plus GM hasn't been on their game lately.

In reality, go out and pick the prettiest one. They are all damn good.

Quick Reply: Looking to buy a new truck need advice!