Gto got totalled last night by friend ins advice needed ASAP pls

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 03:18 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bad Chad
If he signed the form stating he would not let anyone under 25 drive he may not get ****. Hopefully the insurance company will work with him.
Actually he never signed anything stating that, it's just on the I'd cards.
Old 06-25-2012, 03:24 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

If the police did a crash report, it went on a CR-3, which is reported. A CR-2, is not reported but must be filled out by the operator(s). Just a FYI.
Old 06-25-2012, 03:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IMO the friend just bought a wrecked GTO. Good luck getting the insurance company to "Be Nice" over $15,000 grand or more. Sorry for the crappy situation.
Old 06-26-2012, 03:21 PM
Staging Lane

Dude again???? Damn Mario when are you gonna get it? Let me guess the same "buddy" that totalled your WS6 that was like brand new you had for a week last year right? Not putting your business out there man but it pisses me off because your a good friend to him and I know how much you work and if it's who I think it is who did this (pretty sure I'm right too) its about time you use those muscles on him. I got a new # I'll pm you but this sucks for you, is he gonna at least offer you $ to help ya out? I didn't even get a chance to burn ur *** in it or see her. Oh and total bs on losing control at 50 because of blowout! What's the real story? Call me up man,

Zac
Old 06-26-2012, 04:01 PM
Teching In

Man I hope this works out for you guys, hate stories like this, good luck to all involved and keep us posted.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:46 PM
Launching!

As I figured insurance co denied claim bc I wasn't the driver, in essence I just dropped 16k on a Gto I enjoyed (barely drove it) for 3 months, not much to say except it's a life lesson for me. I'm not gonna let it end my friendship with him but I will be more Wise, The part out begins. Ya Zach it's who you think it is but it was an accident this time and he feels like shi* over it, he did help me out a lot last week too on something else. I wouldn't want my friend constantly giving me crap about it if situation was reversed. I do appreciate ur concern tho, it's material and can be replaced.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:49 PM
Launching!

On a different note guys I'm totally finished with the muscle cars, sick and tired of others totalling my stuff (3), so far and none by me. I surrender
Old 06-27-2012, 03:36 AM
10 Second Club

r u going to buy it back .
if u do I'll buy it from u.
Old 06-27-2012, 05:40 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by mariojmoe
My friend let someone drive his Gto last night and he had a blow out at 50 mph, lost control and crashed.
Sounds like a nice story. However, I'd bet that is most likely 99% not true.

Last edited by winters97gt; 06-27-2012 at 05:57 AM.
Old 06-27-2012, 05:46 AM
On The Tree

On a different note guys I'm totally finished with the muscle cars, sick and tired of others totalling my stuff (3), so far and none by me. I surrender
That's because you're just stupid. Getting out of cars because you let friends wreck your cars? Wow. How about not allowing others to drive your cars? Darwin must be at work, should have learned the first time since you indicate that this is not the first time.
Old 06-27-2012, 06:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

You're way too nice IMO. This shouldn't be your $16k dollar lesson, it should be your "friend's". It's one thing if this was a first time thing and you had been friends for years and years. In that case, accidents happen and just do your best to make up the losses by parting it out. It sounds like you've had issues with this person before, even losing another vehicle to him due to him not being a very good driver. If this was me then I would be consulting with a lawyer on how to get this "friend" in court to pay his fair share.

*EDIT* - On review, it's probably more of a lesson for you anyways. You KNEW this dude shouldn't be behind the wheel. This guy just sounds like trouble and you gave him the keys. You need to learn to say NO! It doesn't sound like he brings anything to the table in your friendship and the whole "he feels like shi* over it" act by him doesn't make you square in the realm of your friendship nor your checkbook. He should pay something towards this. If not cash / work, then in a pound of flesh. Something.
Old 06-27-2012, 07:34 AM
Launching!

Both previous posters are exactly correct. It is 100% my fault bc I didn't say no and did hand over the keys no questions asked. It's on me which is why I'm not pissed at him, I'm pissed off at myself for putting myself in this position knowing the potential outcome. Without totally blasting my friend yes this is the 2nd car he's managed to completely total out within months of me buying, 1st was the ws6 with 40k orig miles I drove all of 7 miles and he totalled it within 6 days of me buying it, the Gto at least I had for 3 months and put about 1k miles myself before he totalled this one. There's other stuff too I won't get into but obviously " lesson learned" and I'm serious about just buying a beater. Not looking for pity party, just venting.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:09 AM
Staging Lane

Winters, you're an idiot! You obviously don't know Mario that well to call him stupid. He's just too trusting. That's the last thing he needs to hear now don't you think? Who's really the stupid one here. Mario just chill out and get something YOU can enjoy when your home, you'll get something better you always do, this time park it and take the keys, no more being a nice guy. I do agree however with the *** whooping part, you know already from his past he's not gonna pay or attempt to, I know he's your bud (as am I) bud F*** that. I'll hit u later if you're in town come by my place, you haven't seen what I did to the Z06 , don't trip off some of these other idiots on here with their smart *** comments bro it'll get better.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Both previous posters are exactly correct. It is 100% my fault bc I didn't say no and did hand over the keys no questions asked. It's on me which is why I'm not pissed at him, I'm pissed off at myself for putting myself in this position knowing the potential outcome. Without totally blasting my friend yes this is the 2nd car he's managed to completely total out within months of me buying, 1st was the ws6 with 40k orig miles I drove all of 7 miles and he totalled it within 6 days of me buying it, the Gto at least I had for 3 months and put about 1k miles myself before he totalled this one. There's other stuff too I won't get into but obviously " lesson learned" and I'm serious about just buying a beater. Not looking for pity party, just venting.
I still don't think it's 100% your fault, man. It definitely wasn't smart giving him the keys, but he needs to make things right with you. That was my main point. If you're not holding him accountable in any way then you are just enabling him to keep doing things like this to you and to other people he knows. Stop being so nice!

Originally Posted by Fast02Z06
Winters, you're an idiot! You obviously don't know Mario that well to call him stupid. He's just too trusting. That's the last thing he needs to hear now don't you think? Who's really the stupid one here. Mario just chill out and get something YOU can enjoy when your home, you'll get something better you always do, this time park it and take the keys, no more being a nice guy. I do agree however with the *** whooping part, you know already from his past he's not gonna pay or attempt to, I know he's your bud (as am I) bud F*** that. I'll hit u later if you're in town come by my place, you haven't seen what I did to the Z06 , don't trip off some of these other idiots on here with their smart *** comments bro it'll get better.
Mario, it sounds like you have some good, quality friends if this gentleman here is any indication of the other sort of people you associate with. Hang out with Fast02Z06 more and the other guy less, haha!
Old 06-27-2012, 12:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Have you tried to file a claim on his insurance?
Old 06-27-2012, 04:00 PM
Teching In

^That would be my next step. If that didn't work, I'd seek reparation from the driver - inside or outside of court.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:18 PM
Launching!

Can we get the WS6 story? Good luck op.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:00 PM
Launching!

Wow I didn't even know about the WS6. I just read this story and it reminded me about that white Camaro that you used to have that you let a buddy drive and he totalled it out. First time shame on him, second time shame on you, third time WTF....
Old 06-27-2012, 11:41 PM
Launching!

update, got home today (from over the road) snd met with buddy, He was very apologetic and offered to help out as much as he could. He has ins but got it after the fact so i'm screwed there too. We talked and he is very sincere and yes he manned up and gave me the entire real story,I'm totallly at peace with everything and am not going to sour my friendship with him. On a seperate note i have 80% of the parts sold. I appreciate everyones advice and support, Yes I did learn a lesson as my friend and I discussed. Keys with me from now on.
Old 06-28-2012, 03:46 PM
Launching!

Default Ws6 story

Originally Posted by nukeemall454
Can we get the WS6 story? Good luck op.
Found an 02 mint condition 1 owner ws6 with absolutely no mods and 42k original miles on car. Bought it on Thursday and trailered it home. Buddy's Silverado had got stolen a few weeks previous and he had no rental so I allowed him to borrow ws6. I only drove it one time and put 6 (six) miles total on it personally. I got "the call" Friday morning (6 days) later at 4 am. Wasn't a straight panel or any glass left, went into ditch,came outta ditch, rolled
Once or twice, then stopped after going through a fence. He walked away w/o a scratch.