Serious!?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 08:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 212 Likes on 174 Posts

It works with whole cars to. I have my car listed locally for $9500 OBO, some douchenozzle called me yesterday and said hed bring me $3400 cash. He promptly got hung up on.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Coyotesa
Unfortunately its called life! I also have messaged you about the wheels, I was interested in them and had money coming in to me. But when you have a family the money you make isn't just yours and my family took precedence over my hobby and I had to pay for some things for my daughter.

Of course I never said I would take them and setup a place to meet then not show, I could see how that would frustrate the hell out of someone. If it was me offering to buy them and setting up a place I would show some common courtesy and call that person to explain myself.

-Buddy-
You and dg above you were good guys to talk to and I completely understand about life - I have 3 children myself. My issue is the people that want to make offers, negotiate, critique my ****, pretend they have the cash in-hand only to fall off the face of the earth when it comes time to man-up
Old 06-28-2012, 12:50 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I know how you feel OP. I had some o2 sims for sale for 80.00. One guy asked if they were still for sale didnt hear back from him. Second guy comes along telling me he will do 60.00 and that anything more than that is over his budget and he couldn't spend more. I said I would meet him in the middle at 70.00 shipped. He jumps my *** telling me Casper is out of business, these parts are obsolete, he sees them for sale all the time for 30.00. I didn't respond. The next day dude #1 sends me 80.00 no questions asked and said something about sorry it took him so long to get me the money... I really wanted to show that to dude #2...
Old 06-28-2012, 06:28 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

awhile back i was selling some wheels for around 1300 with new wheels and tires, this kid calls me wants them for his corvette offers me 500 bucks, i dont know how you can afford to pay for your car but yet low ball me on some wheels, regardless i get a another guy we work out a deal,
Old 06-28-2012, 08:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My favorite is the guy that ask all the questions that could be answered if he just read the ******* thread....lol
Old 06-28-2012, 08:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by AnnivSS
It works with whole cars to. I have my car listed locally for $9500 OBO, some douchenozzle called me yesterday and said hed bring me $3400 cash. He promptly got hung up on.
lol I had someone offer me $4,000 for my ride then tell me to let them know if I change my mind. I told them that I was 110% sure I wasn't changing my mind and to look for another car lol.

I make offers under the asking price but I don't go as far as to super low ball someone.

Old 06-28-2012, 09:59 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Bad Chad
That **** has been happening a lot latly. I've had several people say they were going to do something and never follow through with it.

Use too I would hold parts but now its 1st person that puts cash in my hand gets it...
Thats all good and well as long as you make that clear. I had a board member here agree on a price, told him I had cash and would buy the car. He was going to meet me in Dallas, just had to work out his schedule. I'm prepared to drive to Dallas and pick up the car, have cash in my hand and am just waiting on him to let me know...e-mails me four days later and says someone made him an offer and he sold it there. If you tell someone you're going to do something, keep your damn word. If you tell them you're going to take the first cash that shows up thats fine...but man up and say that. It's very easy to do...put it in your ad. Unfortunately, you can't trust people for **** these days.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:17 PM
Teching In

I had my car listed for 7k once and some dude offered me 5k and I said no, so then he offered me 3k and a dirtbike and said he wouldn't go any higher cause his dirt bike was listed at 1500. I told him no about a week later I sell the car to someone else for 6500 then a month later that previous dude says hell give me 4800 XD
Old 06-29-2012, 05:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Eh, that's life. I had an offer on someone's wheels and that week I had two blowouts - needless to say I couldn't get the wheels.
Old 06-30-2012, 12:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

Here is one I'm dealing with right now...

I have a 96 SS Camaro with a 6.0 I'm selling. I get an e-mail from a guy wanting to trade me my SS hood for his stock hood. He proceeds to tell me the hood is useless because I do not have the air intake for it. I told him I'm keeping the with the car because it will hurt the value. He is still arguing saying it will not hurt the value because the car does not have the function intake and I already destroyed it because it is no longer a matching number car...

Here are the e-mails...

Dude your a retard. just because I do not want to sell you my hood it's going to be bad karma?

Let me guess, you still live at home with your Mom and Dad?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: da man never know [mailto:supermanofelpaso@hotmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, June 30, 2012 12:27 AM
To: Windsor, Chad - HAS
Subject: RE: 1996 SS Camaro with heads and Cam 6.0 6 Speed - $7000 (Huffman)

yea its cool. i know all about karma. people helping people out. its all. bye

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: supermanofelpaso@hotmail.com
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 00:24:46 -0500

I'll keep the hood with the car like I stated several e-mails ago.

Sent: Saturday, June 30, 2012 12:24 AM

hey its your call....either a trade and cash or i will find one eventually

Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 00:22:15 -0500

You never said anything about adding cash, you just wanted to trade your hood and get it painted for mine. You can get an aftermarket one on E-bay7 for $350.00- $750.00 and its not even an OEM hood...

Sent: Saturday, June 30, 2012 12:21 AM

not a straight up trade.....course it woulda been cash i just meant i woulda had my hood painted to match and gave you mine to replace if was going to sell and not part out.

Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 00:18:33 -0500

You right, I don't know. Thats why you are begging for something for nothing.... Even if the hood was sitting in my shop doing nothing I would not trade it for a stock $50.00 hood.

Sent: Saturday, June 30, 2012 12:16 AM

guess you dont know...cuz as a roller then no your not gonna get your money out of that hood. and you hurt the car now anyways cuz its not numbers matching....but oh well. your prolly asking way too much for the roller if you want more then $500 for the hood

Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 00:13:03 -0500

functional or not, the car is a true SS and I'm not going to seperate the hood from the car. If you look in the Video you will see I'm very knowledgable with F-bodies and if you think it is not going to hurt the value of the car by trading for a stock you are wrong. If you want the hood I will sell you the car as a roller (I have the motor and trans sold) and you can swap hoods and try to sell the car with a stock hood on it.

Sent: Saturday, June 30, 2012 12:08 AM

yes these are harder to find...your right...thats my point...and i saw your not even using it......your only using it for looks...i wanna make it functional. if you know there hard to find....help another lt1 owner out. your not gonna get more for the car just for that hood . just being honest. and not $500 more. and no you can get the 98-2000 ones cheaper on cl than that. but looking for one lt owner to help another one out since you were selling the car or parting it out anyways. just though it was waste since you missing the $500 intake for it.

Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 00:02:21 -0500

I'm not interested. I know a 98-2000 SS hood is worth $500.00+ and I'm petty sure a 96SS hood is a lot harder to find...

Sent: Friday, June 29, 2012 11:58 PM

well not if you dont have the special intake for it. and i dont think you would lose out on that much cuz of the hood. most people dont know that style came with that hood for 2 years. you mentioned you might part it out. i would give you freshly matched hood in return.

Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 23:54:04 -0500

I'm going to keep the SS hood with the car. I know they are hard to find and if I sell it, It will only hurt the value of me selling it as a roller.

Sent: Friday, June 29, 2012 11:52 PM
To: xksx6-3074540607@sale.craigslist.org
Subject: 1996 SS Camaro with heads and Cam 6.0 6 Speed - $7000 (Huffman)

** CRAIGSLIST ADVISORY --- AVOID SCAMS BY DEALING LOCALLY
** Avoid: wiring money, cross-border deals, work-at-home
** Beware: cashier checks, money orders, escrow, shipping
** More Info: http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams

I noticed the hood on that car wasn’t being used as a functional ram air.....would you be willing to trade me that hood for the stock black hood or sell me the hood? you mentioned you might be willing to part it out....just want the hood but I will have a fresh black hood painted for you if you do...I would really really appriciate it...you have no idea...thanks. john
Old 06-30-2012, 01:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

Few more:

Your not Begging? Why are you pissed??? LOL

The parting out part was concerning the Motor/Trans. If you read you will see where I listed the cost for those items and put the roller as a whole. Just because I said I would part it out does not mean I have to sell every part off the car. Last I checked It was my car and I can sell it how I want. everyone else that asked about the hood was OK with me not wanting to sell it but you want to cry like a little baby. You must have been sheltered as a child and got everything handed to you.

Just because the next person does not know the car came with the hood does not mean I'm just going to give it to you because you are crying like a little baby.

BTW, here is an intake set up on Tech for $50.00, most I seen was $150.00 and according to you down below they were $500.00 and now you say $300.00... now who lying?
https://ls1tech.com/forums/parts-cla...ut-95-z28.html

Sent: Saturday, June 30, 2012 12:57 AM

i aint begging for ****...u can die on that hood i dont care......point was i have money but you cant buy one smart ***...the ones on ebay dont work with the intake. ****** genious....and no you didnt say ****. you said in the posting you might part out the car....dont tease people and say that if you aint gonna...so its your fault....and no they wouldnt be looking for it becuase they most likely wouldnt have a clue that it came with that hood cuz only 2 years of the lt1 style came with it...so most people have no clue....and now your lying...you did not just buy and intake to work for $50 on ebay....i know how much they are. cant get for less then $300. so good luck...no need to write back.....

Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 00:50:51 -0500

LOL, if you make all that money then it sounds like you need to just put out the money and buy you a hood instead of begging for the one I have. You can brag all you want about the money you make because you do not know me or know what I have. All you know about me is I have a Hood you want and your upset because I do not want to give it to you.

I told you several e-mails ago I did not want to sell the hood, you are the one pushing for a trade...

If I sold you this hood the next person that bought this car would be in the sale position as you looking for one. Before you mention the intake, I found one on e-bay for $50.00 and I bought it just to have with the car when it sells as a roller...

Sent: Saturday, June 30, 2012 12:44 AM

actually no....i stay alone in a $1000 dollar apartment on westhiemer and probably make more then you. but that has nothing to do with it......just is a point. not saying anything bad is gonna happen. just when you really want something or need a break you wont get it..thats all. things wont fall in your direction. nothing bad. oh well. i still wish you luck in selling your stuff cuz i aint being a dooshbag like some.....
Old 06-30-2012, 01:25 AM
On The Tree

There tends to be alot of drama when it comes to purchasing used parts..
I blame Pawn Stars!!
Old 06-30-2012, 01:39 AM
12 Second Club

I'm selling some lowering bolts for a c5 vette for $35 or so on the vette forums and some ******* brain doner sends me the best offer to date in my 10 yrs of selling stuff onli r. This ******* yerkoff PM'ed and asks me to give him the bolts and he would send me $10 as a gift. Whatthefuckingwoooow... R ppl that fuckig ignorant that they expect other ppl to give their **** away cuz their parts haven't moved in a week or so? Wtf is wrong w ppl?! God damn man!

J
Old 06-30-2012, 01:40 AM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Holy ****! Thats bad!! He sounds kinda like my dude with the o2 sensors but yours is way worse! I feel sorry for ya man!
Old 06-30-2012, 01:41 AM
Teching In

Lmao at the Messican superman! Has all the money in the world but wants to mod out an lt1
Old 06-30-2012, 01:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by kyoytey1693
Holy ****! Thats bad!! He sounds kinda like my dude with the o2 sensors but yours is way worse! I feel sorry for ya man!
Originally Posted by gcodetx
Lmao at the Messican superman! Has all the money in the world but wants to mod out an lt1
Usually I would stop replying but since I'm at work its passing time. LOL

I guess I'm going to have bad karma for not giving away my parts.
Old 06-30-2012, 10:03 AM
Teching In

I think its just people in general. Nothing wrong with trying to get a deal but damn some buyers act like they are the only ones out there with money. I can't wait til the c6 zo6 demographic goes down so then I can trade my fbody
Old 06-30-2012, 11:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

LOL @ the emails. That guy wouldn't have gotten a reply after the first one. You can never win arguing with ignorance.
Old 06-30-2012, 12:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Bad Chad
Usually I would stop replying but since I'm at work its passing time. LOL

I guess I'm going to have bad karma for not giving away my parts.
Lol!
At no. Matching, that is such bs! Maybe its true gor a 67-69 camaro.
Dumbass watches too many barret auctions. Which i think are just a crock of **** too