Turbo 5.3 Xtreme very soon DFW

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 12:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very impressive fab work! Ready to see some tires roasted.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

***UPDATE***

Wow, all I can say is this is one freekin blast of a vehicle to drive around. The "big eyes" look you get when opening the hood to let others check out exactly whats under the hood is epic lol. I will definetly have some driving videos soon.

I have a few things to repair after driving it for a little. Junkyard water pump starting leaking from weep hole and 1 fan relay took a dump.

But anyways, here's a pretty good idle video (Finally nailed my idle tune down) of how she runs now since I've started figuring out HPTuners.

Old 12-03-2012, 07:15 PM
Staging Lane

Sounds good!
Old 12-03-2012, 11:20 PM
Teching In

Man props on that build, that cam choice sounds excellent!

-might want to pump gas soon though, kinda pushing it dont ya think lol
Old 12-04-2012, 10:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

***UPDATE***

Well I finally got a short video of the 1st time I have pressed the throttle half way down to hear her get angry!! Words cannot describe how happy I am! Can't wait to get more time behinds the wheel!

Old 12-07-2012, 06:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Holy dirt dobbin caterpillar welds batman. Once you polish a turd it's still a turd. Good luck with it.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Pwebbz28
Holy dirt dobbin caterpillar welds batman. Once you polish a turd it's still a turd. Good luck with it.
Never said I was a great welder, everything works great so far. To this day I still talk to the owner of my old SS and those dirt dobbin welds are still holding up fine.

Buuuuut, I would expect a comment like that from somebody that *had* a solid roller 414 fully built that only made 550rwhp @ 8k. LMAO, feels good that my dirt dobber turbo kit with a $540 junkyard motor and $360 turbo matched that and more than likely will produce way more power. Oh and it drives like stock.

Last edited by Vcious04; 12-07-2012 at 08:30 AM.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:44 AM
Staging Lane

Kickass blazer
Old 12-07-2012, 11:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Wink

Originally Posted by Vcious04
Never said I was a great welder, everything works great so far. To this day I still talk to the owner of my old SS and those dirt dobbin welds are still holding up fine.

Buuuuut, I would expect a comment like that from somebody that *had* a solid roller 414 fully built that only made 550rwhp @ 8k. LMAO, feels good that my dirt dobber turbo kit with a $540 junkyard motor and $360 turbo matched that and more than likely will produce way more power. Oh and it drives like stock.
i still have it. It's going in another Fbody and the clutch won't be an issue and neither will the tune or fuel system like before. One thing I will say, it will still be prettier than a polished turd and bust your *** when it's all ironed out. Bet on that?
Old 12-07-2012, 11:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

i still have it. It's going in another Fbody and the clutch won't be an issue and neither will the tune or fuel system like before. One thing I will say, it will still be prettier than a polished turd and bust your *** when it's all ironed out. Bet on that?
Blah blah blah, because of this because of that blah blah blah.....

What I meant by *had* - You had it built = lack of skill. haha

Anyways, there is no contest you have money and don't mind spending it. I would expect a $11,000 Engine to beat me up any direction known to man. Congrats!
Old 12-08-2012, 02:51 PM
Teching In

Been a while since iv been on here glad to see you got it going! And things got interesting the last few post lol.you going to bring it to North Star Sunday for exotics vs the world?
Old 12-08-2012, 04:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Is he talking **** about the motor Ray built for you? I have an LTX motor that Ray built that will gladly back up any of Rays work..... Properly tuned and on kill ready to go............
Old 12-08-2012, 07:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BADMOON
Is he talking **** about the motor Ray built for you? I have an LTX motor that Ray built that will gladly back up any of Rays work..... Properly tuned and on kill ready to go............
If its the Ray I know, I'm sure its a nicely done combo.

Just throwing stones back at Pweb.

I felt 9,12,17psi boost all day today and I know how fast this thing is, so I might take up that bet one day if my junkyard crap holds together haha
Old 12-12-2012, 07:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

If its the Ray I know, I'm sure its a nicely done combo.

Just throwing stones back at Pweb.

I felt 9,12,17psi boost all day today and I know how fast this thing is, so I might take up that bet one day if my junkyard crap holds together haha
Your on.... I wanted a piece of your white SS but you had to sell it.... I wanted a piece of your cobra that Zach Moore would always talk about...Its just a lil ole LT1 on dope. full weight 6 speed car. Nothin to be afraid of..........
Old 12-13-2012, 09:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BADMOON
Your on.... I wanted a piece of your white SS but you had to sell it.... I wanted a piece of your cobra that Zach Moore would always talk about...Its just a lil ole LT1 on dope. full weight 6 speed car. Nothin to be afraid of..........
Lol good times for sure son. Hated to sell some of my rides, but when the money is offered, sometimes I gotta part ways. Man I miss old Zach, RIP brother.

As far as the blazer goes, I think this weekend I'm gonna go pull a 8.8 out of a explorer to bolt under it. Then gonna order some axles with correct bolt pattern or have my buddies at FTW Gear and Axle make me some so I can continue to use the stock wheels. I did order some 28x11.5x16 ET Streets for it. Ain't no lie, on 17psi this thing is stupid man lol. Hard to properly datalogg due to all the tire spin, but on a 3rd gear pull from 78mph - 136mph feels crazy. When I get her all done and hooking, I would like to see how it stacks up.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:12 AM
TECH Resident

Lol good times for sure son. Hated to sell some of my rides, but when the money is offered, sometimes I gotta part ways. Man I miss old Zach, RIP brother.

As far as the blazer goes, I think this weekend I'm gonna go pull a 8.8 out of a explorer to bolt under it. Then gonna order some axles with correct bolt pattern or have my buddies at FTW Gear and Axle make me some so I can continue to use the stock wheels. I did order some 28x11.5x16 ET Streets for it. Ain't no lie, on 17psi this thing is stupid man lol. Hard to properly datalogg due to all the tire spin, but on a 3rd gear pull from 78mph - 136mph feels crazy. When I get her all done and hooking, I would like to see how it stacks up.
Sounds like a beast
Old 12-14-2012, 12:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NastyTBSS
Been a while since iv been on here glad to see you got it going! And things got interesting the last few post lol.you going to bring it to North Star Sunday for exotics vs the world?
I appreciate homie. Question, I've heard alot about your trailblazer, what kinda power is it putting down? Trying to find a friendly race so I can judge how fast my blazer is. Interested?
Old 12-30-2012, 06:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Alright! I got some good videos today. Big thanks to my wife for great videos, what a trooper haha. Obviously I need some sticky tires but sure is fun!

Enjoy!

Old 12-30-2012, 06:45 PM
On The Tree

Nice inspiration. I can't wait to get mine finished.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:24 AM
Staging Lane

Blazer sounds mean! Congrats

Quick Reply: Turbo 5.3 Xtreme very soon DFW