Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Houstone
They dont know what star bout
Old 07-29-2012, 06:58 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zero2sixT
When did you graduate high school? The Katricians showed up almost 7 years ago. I haven't heard anyone talk about them in years.

I feel the same way about Austin. Its a cool place to visit. But I could never live there. I couldn't make the living I do down here, in Austin.

I have quite a few friends that talk **** about Houston. Mostly it's because they never leave the suburbs. Downtown has come a long way. There's a lot of stuff to do down there. Mid-town and Washington are cool. Houston is cleaning up. Tons of restaurants, theaters, music venues, stores, and bars. We have the Texans, Astros, Rockets, and Aeros. If soccer is your thing, the Dynamo. Astros and Rockets are rebuilding, but the games are fun.

No hurricanes since '08. And the historical trend says it was our 30 year storm. Humidity slows your face from aging. Mosquitos and traffic suck. Take the good with the bad. And toll roads are popping up all over Texas.

Its cheap to live here, and close to the beach. I know its Galveston. But I like it down there. Huge car/truck scene. And home to the fastest cars and trucks in the country.

I think the only other city in Texas Id live in would be San Antonio.

If you don't want to live here, cool with me. We already have a shitload of people down here anyhow.
Graduated in 04, moved to Alabama for my intership and Katrina happened during that time. Came back to visit when it was time to move back to Texas and couldnt stand all the trash. Had some friends in Austin, found a good job and 7 years later Im still here.

I come back to visit family and friends atleast 4-5 times a year, so Ive been around and it has gotten better but the crime is ridiculous there. Houston is doing some rebuilding for sure but I wouldnt call its proximity to Galveston something to brag about.

Having to deal with hurricanes period is enough for me, in the 18 years I lived there we never got hit too hard where I lived but when that tropical storm came through in 02? noth my grandparent's house got flooded. That **** sucked dealing with mold and everything else, that was enough for me to know I dont want to be that close to the coast.

I realize this article was more based on "things to do" and I agree there is a lot to do there I just dont see it being the "coolest" city by any means. Central Texas has everything to offer that Houston does plus a lot better water. I care nothing about going to over-priced sporting events so thats not of concern to me.

The car scene doesnt appeal to me as much as it used to, bunch of young kids being stupid and the cops have gotten real bad.

Pretty much everything that article cited, Austin has too. They made a big deal about jobs and influx of people moving there, Austin is growing faster than Houston in both categories. We're second in the US.

Im not saying Houston is bad, Id take it over any city outside of Texas for sure but coolest, I dont know about that.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:33 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 47 Likes on 19 Posts

We've been saying this for years.

Dallas = Houston wannabes
Austin = San Francisco wannabes
San Antonio = North Mexico
Old 07-30-2012, 08:26 PM
Launching!

^^^lmaooooo, damn that's funny
Old 07-30-2012, 09:18 PM
Teching In

Default WE GOT THAT BURRO (pic)

Texans tailgaitin is the best in the country hands down! Yellow lot for life **** dallas
Attached Thumbnails HOUSTON, TX coolest city to live in AMERICA-003.jpg  
Old 07-30-2012, 09:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I was born in Austin, lived there for 12 yrs, grew up in Beaumont, and now I'm in Dallas.....but all I can really input into this convo is this city of Dallas Blows.. why I'm moving back down South to Houston shortly.. Dallas has it's fun spots but holly fk everything is either 45min this way or 45min that way....
Old 07-30-2012, 10:51 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DFW>Houston

Old 07-30-2012, 10:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Graduated in 04, moved to Alabama for my intership and Katrina happened during that time. Came back to visit when it was time to move back to Texas and couldnt stand all the trash. Had some friends in Austin, found a good job and 7 years later Im still here.

I come back to visit family and friends atleast 4-5 times a year, so Ive been around and it has gotten better but the crime is ridiculous there. Houston is doing some rebuilding for sure but I wouldnt call its proximity to Galveston something to brag about.

Having to deal with hurricanes period is enough for me, in the 18 years I lived there we never got hit too hard where I lived but when that tropical storm came through in 02? noth my grandparent's house got flooded. That **** sucked dealing with mold and everything else, that was enough for me to know I dont want to be that close to the coast.

I realize this article was more based on "things to do" and I agree there is a lot to do there I just dont see it being the "coolest" city by any means. Central Texas has everything to offer that Houston does plus a lot better water. I care nothing about going to over-priced sporting events so thats not of concern to me.

The car scene doesnt appeal to me as much as it used to, bunch of young kids being stupid and the cops have gotten real bad.

Pretty much everything that article cited, Austin has too. They made a big deal about jobs and influx of people moving there, Austin is growing faster than Houston in both categories. We're second in the US.

Im not saying Houston is bad, Id take it over any city outside of Texas for sure but coolest, I dont know about that.
Scared of hurricanes, don't like sporting events, bunch of stuipd kids around, and criminals everywhere. Lol, for a 24-25 yo, you sure do sound a lot like an old *** man. Do you balance your check book for fun? J/k

Im no PR guy for Houston. Coolest city, probably not. But it's not like what you describe.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by zero2sixT
Scared of hurricanes, don't like sporting events, bunch of stuipd kids around, and criminals everywhere. Lol, for a 24-25 yo, you sure do sound a lot like an old *** man. Do you balance your check book for fun? J/k

Im no PR guy for Houston. Coolest city, probably not. But it's not like what you describe.
I dont like over-priced sporting events, a Texans game is just that. I had a great time but not $300 great time for cheap seats and parking. I can go to a UT game for $50 and have just as good of a time. Going to a Rockets or Astros game has no appeal to me what-so-ever.

Im not scared of hurricanes, Im just lazy. I dont have the fondest memories of boarding up windows and then of course ripping carpet/sheetrock out of both of my grandparents houses. Not something I want to deal with.

Just because Im 26 doesnt mean I care to deal with many of the tards my age, Im married, have a kid, a house and a career. I dont have a whole lot in common with a lot of people my age. The meets Ive been to are retarded and attract too much attention, Id rather make a phone call and meet up with some people where I dont have to worry about cops and idiots.

If that makes me old then fine, Im ok with that. Its worked out well for me thus-far, doesnt mean anyone else has to agree with me. Ive just lived in both places for a substantial amount of time and formed an educating opinion.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Exclamation

Originally Posted by heybro
Texans tailgaitin is the best in the country hands down! Yellow lot for life **** dallas
ur right about Texans tailgating probably some of the most fun you will have at a football game, and yes we have done of the best fans.I party in yellow lot sometimes but doesn't competed to how bad *** blue lot gets.the guy complaining about over priced tickets is really not. if you buy directly from Texans they will be less then 100 bucks and that's for damn good seats. now if you buy from someone reselling they double and triple value. I yell everyone a Texans game is some of the most fun you will have the fans are so loud and hype its just crazy.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:51 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Nine Ball

Houston=
Old 07-31-2012, 08:18 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
I dont like over-priced sporting events, a Texans game is just that. I had a great time but not $300 great time for cheap seats and parking. I can go to a UT game for $50 and have just as good of a time.
You gotta pay to play.

And, don't tell me you didn't enjoy you some 03-05 Astros.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:22 AM
Destroyer of Exotics

Originally Posted by Nine Ball

Old 07-31-2012, 09:19 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Morbid
I like Houston and miss it from time to time. Born and raised there but moved to Dallas due to reasons beyond my control. I could move back now but I'm comfortable where I am.
Quitter!!!
Old 07-31-2012, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by -Ross-
You gotta pay to play.

I don't like baseball or basketball so I'm not really the best to comment on them, probably why Houston sports isn't such a big deal to me. Even if I lived there I probably wouldn't go to a Texans game much just due to the price but I'm a cheapass so my view is probably a bit different than most. For those into all the professional sports I can see the allure.

From time to time I get Texans seats from various companies and I enjoy it for sure. I've been to three Texans games and no Cowboys games since they moved into the new stadium. I refuse to pay the price of admission into Jerry World.

I do enjoy the farm hockey team they've got here in Austin. For $100 I can have glass seats next to the box. Pretty hard to beat that and they usually put on a good show, plus the wife likes beating on the glass so its hard to put a price on that entertainment
Old 07-31-2012, 11:15 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm with you on the NFL game prices. The only Texans games I have been to are ones I have gotten free tickets for. I can see the game better at home or at a bar and drink beer that doesn't cost $9.

I've lived here all my 35 years of existence and I still hate the humidity.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:47 AM
On The Tree

eh, i'd rather not feel like i have to take a shower 5 minutes out the door
Old 07-31-2012, 11:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by -Ross-
You gotta pay to play.

ur right on this one , I'm one that will pay money to go to the games cause its worth it to me. Last couple yrs I payed top dollar for great grid iron seats.this yr I had the opportunity to buy season tickets so I jump on that quick!
Old 07-31-2012, 11:57 AM
On The Tree

just looked through the list and there's no way in hell the editor's been to any of these cities. san antonio is cooler than chicago? yeah right

Quick Reply: HOUSTON, TX coolest city to live in AMERICA