Question for all the homeowners..

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 10:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its all about a total package, each house is always different. Right now we have a 2 story with no kids. Its a small house 2000sq ft. and we think it will work for a small family. Ideally we would like some land farther away or just in a neighborhood with larger lots but the bigger the house, the bigger the yard, the more up keep, the more time, the expense and holy ****..... Ya'll know what I mean
Old 07-27-2012, 10:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys,

Thanks alot!!

The house i am about to purchase is a ranch 1 story, 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom, and 2 car garage..

I think its a very nice house. Either way, your a homeowner regardless if its a 1 story or 2. I never thought about going up and down the stairs especially if your old..lol

But i do like how utilities should be cheaper on a 1 story. I am pretty excited. It is a very nice house.
Old 07-27-2012, 11:23 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you ask the realtor, they should be able to ask homeowner for a few months of past elec bills so you can see how bad they are. you'd be surprised how much cheaper these new energy efficient houses are. mine is an 06 and my elec bill is about half of my friends 95 2 story. just from better insulation and better windows. and if you do the numbers, that adds up to a lot of $$$ at end of the year.
also, get ready to bend over on property taxes!!! lol.