Ls engine builders in houston area?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 08:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I know of a recent build from G&G that the rod bolt were hitting the oil pan. When the engine was fired it had a nice knock. I would think a top notch builder would have cought that. Regardless who supplied the parts. They did the assembly and IMO should have cought that. There are two other builds that they did a while back with similar problems.

With that said every one makes mistakes. Im sure for every engine builder out there. More then a few people are unhappy with them. Not taking any ones side or bashing just stating what I know and only what I know.

The post asked for a recomendation who to use. Not who to stay away from. I like westside. They have done good work for me and my friends. I'm sure G&G has some killer engines out there just like the other shops listed above
Old 08-01-2012, 09:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SLV_WS6
I know of a recent build from G&G that the rod bolt were hitting the oil pan. When the engine was fired it had a nice knock. I would think a top notch builder would have cought that. Regardless who supplied the parts. They did the assembly and IMO should have cought that. There are two other builds that they did a while back with similar problems.

With that said every one makes mistakes. Im sure for every engine builder out there. More then a few people are unhappy with them. Not taking any ones side or bashing just stating what I know and only what I know.

The post asked for a recomendation who to use. Not who to stay away from. I like westside. They have done good work for me and my friends. I'm sure G&G has some killer engines out there just like the other shops listed above
Did they install the oil pan? Or the customer?
Old 08-01-2012, 09:20 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Cam72aro
Did they install the oil pan? Or the customer?
They did and like I said there have been a few other things to.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I doubt it, lol. That's pretty elementary.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:59 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Cam72aro
I doubt it, lol. That's pretty elementary.
I agree with you on that for sure. But it did happen and I did see it!! I have no reason to lie about it. I could careless if you doubt it or any one else. I know it happened. No one or shop is perfect. It was a stupid mistake they should have cought it.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:23 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why would I lie about it lol. I dont know anything about g&g or have any reason to badmouth them. Im just stating facts.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:30 PM
Destroyer of Exotics

EVERY shop has had it's issues. Most won't surface because a good shop will stand behind their work and correct the issue..
Old 08-01-2012, 11:44 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 1sickz28
EVERY shop has had it's issues. Most won't surface because a good shop will stand behind their work and correct the issue..
^^ I cant believe im saying this but i agree with Flash.They ALL have skeletons in the closet,some shops make it right and others dont.we are human..G&G is doing my motor right now and i'll let yall know how that turns out.Joe is a very respectful person and seems to be confident in his work so i feel good with my decision.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:30 AM
9 Second Club

Joe built my 427 Lsx car ran 9.3x in a c6 vette made 580rwhp on motor then made 830 rwhp on conservative 300. Erik builds my motors usually but I was in a time crunch. Joe is a very stand up guy and builds some wicked cool ****. He builds a lot of darton sleeved vq motors for another shop also.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:31 PM

my sig = #1

He did mine in 2-4 weeks.

Quick Reply: Ls engine builders in houston area?