Official 2012/2013 NFL Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 03:49 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Losing? You realize romo has been to the playoffs 3 times, won once. He has had a 13-3 and 11-5 year, after that its like 9-7 or 8-8 years always with tons of close loses. How is that 6 years of losing? Do you even watch the NFL?
Old 08-01-2012, 03:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hiram007
Top 10ish
I agree with that.

The same Jerry Jones who thought bringing in Kitna was a good idea, so I supposed anyone better than him could have been brought in.
I thought Kitna was a great signing. Kitna did a great job as backup. Kitna was better than some of the starters around the league. He's not a franchise QB or anything, but he was a solid backup. And as far as backups go, I am very pleased that the Cowboys picked up Orton. Maybe the best backup in the league besides maybe Shaun Hill.

Nobody in the world knew who T.J. Yates was till Schaub got hurt. What if the same thing happens in Dallas?
I guess I don't understand what you are trying to say. What did Yates exactly do beyond managing a very good team? Are you saying that Yates is even remotely a threat to Schaub, or would be to Romo in the same situation? I don't think Yates is going to be competing for a starting job anytime soon. And, nobody knew who Romo was until Bledsoe got benched.

And if someone did come in and could perform better than Romo (if that's what you are insinuating), I would be all for the better player starting. It's the NFL and that stuff happens. I wouldn't want Romo starting because I think he's a cool dude or something if he wasn't the best option... but he is the best option and I can't forsee any better options coming along in the near future.
Old 08-01-2012, 03:57 PM
12 Second Club

Lol Kitna did great when Romo was out. Im telling you this guy has no idea what hes talking about lol.
Old 08-01-2012, 05:07 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Sprayed1998
Losing? You realize romo has been to the playoffs 3 times, won once. He has had a 13-3 and 11-5 year, after that its like 9-7 or 8-8 years always with tons of close loses. How is that 6 years of losing? Do you even watch the NFL?
Yup, watch it every year. Jerry Jones doesnt pay top dollar to get those kinds of results. What good is it to be 13-3 if you get spanked out by a WILD CARD divisional opponent? Means absolutely nothing and I doubt thats what Dallas fans want to see. Sorry, I was measuring success for the Cowboys based on postseason wins, didnt know you were setting the bar so low with regular season wins. Maybe you dont watch enough football.

Originally Posted by Juicy J
I thought Kitna was a great signing. Kitna did a great job as backup. Kitna was better than some of the starters around the league. He's not a franchise QB or anything, but he was a solid backup. And as far as backups go, I am very pleased that the Cowboys picked up Orton. Maybe the best backup in the league besides maybe Shaun Hill.
Agreed on the Orton deal.

Are you saying that Yates is even remotely a threat to Schaub, or would be to Romo in the same situation? I don't think Yates is going to be competing for a starting job anytime soon. And, nobody knew who Romo was until Bledsoe got benched..
Nah, he isnt a threat to Schaub at all or to even start, just asking that if you found a star out of nowhere, would Romo still have the support he had now?

And if someone did come in and could perform better than Romo (if that's what you are insinuating), I would be all for the better player starting. It's the NFL and that stuff happens. I wouldn't want Romo starting because I think he's a cool dude or something if he wasn't the best option... but he is the best option and I can't forsee any better options coming along in the near future.
This answer my question above. I also dont see him being replaced anytime soon, unless like you said, a Romo-Bledsoe scenario were to occur again.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:12 PM
11 Second Club

man yall crack me up and its always about romo lol

my predictions for YALLS teams

Cowgirls 9-7
Texans 12-4 lose in afc championship

my team
Broncos 11-5 lose in first round of playoffs

oh btw i HATE peyton manning but it was a good sign by Elway if he doesnt injure his neck

also my superbowl pick this year is

Pittsburgh
Old 08-01-2012, 06:58 PM
Staging Lane

Tony Romo is BAD ***!
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
at GOLF lmao
Old 08-01-2012, 10:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Sprayed1998
I hope carr and claiborne clean up the secondary, we could have won 11-12 last year without newmans **** ups alone. If miles dez witten romo murray and felix stay healthy we will suprise everybody, cant have you 3 best offensive weapons hurt all year like last season.
Fixed it for you

Welcome to football season time to have some fun. We know the Astros suck and the Rockets got rid of everybody and got nothing in return....Lin, yeah ok
Old 08-01-2012, 10:11 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Much crappier Qbs than Romo and Schaub have won super bowls so Ill never understand why there is always such a big debate over them. Theyre both decent and both plenty good enough to win a SB if the rest of the team does their part.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:11 PM
12 Second Club

Health is always an if in this game, but anything would ve better than last year. Dez, Miles and Murray all missed significant time and it really hurt us.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Much crappier Qbs than Romo and Schaub have won super bowls so Ill never understand why there is always such a big debate over them. Theyre both decent and both plenty good enough to win a SB if the rest of the team does their part.
Dilfer!!!!

That MFer is retarded btw.