Everyone who has used Advanced Racing Dynamics Please post!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 06:17 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bad Chad
Are you on Owen's payroll? YOU are the only person that defends him on the boards when someone has an issue with his work. OWEN DOESNT NOT EVEN DEFEND HIMSELF!!!!

I have worked on several cars that ARD built and the workmanship is on point with what to OP stated. Its ARD's trade mark to leave transmission bellhousing bolts out, shitty wires splices, install stock parts when owner buys aftermarket and very sloppy work.

Keep taking your cars there, ARD is hands down the Best...

dont forget about his "fuel pump " door mod.....Owen is the only retard i know of that cut a hole in a guys trunk to access his fuel pump, the DUCT taped the sheet metal back in place....A R D..Always Re Done
Old 08-17-2012, 06:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are you on Owen's payroll? YOU are the only person that defends him on the boards when someone has an issue with his work. OWEN DOESNT NOT EVEN DEFEND HIMSELF!!!!

I have worked on several cars that ARD built and the workmanship is on point with what to OP stated. Its ARD's trade mark to leave transmission bellhousing bolts out, shitty wires splices, install stock parts when owner buys aftermarket and very sloppy work.

The OP is from your site LSX Nation... It's old **** that you are obviously profiting from, not me... I don't give a rats *** either way. In fact, I asked on your site to talk with this guy personally to substantiate this claim and it was met with immediate BS. Guess I'll just butt out and let you guys have at it with the one post wonder. No sweat off my back.
Old 08-17-2012, 06:28 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 06tx4.8
dont forget about his "fuel pump " door mod.....Owen is the only retard i know of that cut a hole in a guys trunk to access his fuel pump, the DUCT taped the sheet metal back in place....A R D..Always Re Done
I have done that actually while working on a buddies car. I was willing to do it right and drop the rear-end, however; he was impatient and wanted it done quick and in hurry...NYC...not your car We did epoxy it cut sheet metal back on though!
Old 08-17-2012, 06:35 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by houston racer
Really Mr. Lee? Owen and ARD have caused many people including me (just on just this forum alone) lots of money and frustration. His actions are not just wrong but were (at a minimum) deceptive. I know this from first hand experience and I’m sharing minimal details with the community, there is a lot more I could say. I don’t know the “other guys” so I have no comment on the work they do. If I had something to say about them I would. Are you suggesting that this never happened? Or maybe that since this happened some time ago that we should all forgive him for the work he did and “he has turned over a new leaf?” What I suggest to you is that people have a right to know this shops history. Last I heard it’s one of the most basic and fundamental rights we enjoy as Americans. If there’s ANYTHING in my post that you don’t think is true I will be more than happy to elaborate. I will never get my money back or justice, but if they have really “turned over a new leaf” let ARD donate the 10 grand to some racers family that dies doing what we all love. Until then I will continue to tell people the truth about the work that was done on my car at ARD.
Sorry I missed this one... I don't doubt ANYTHING you said. The post just came off like it was recent and it wasn't as you just said. I have no problem with you informing folks of your experiences. That's what we all do around here and if it happened to me I'd do the same. Just not sure why you have to have different usernames to do it.
Old 08-17-2012, 06:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Still amazed ARD has stayed in business all these years.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by mlee
The OP is from your site LSX Nation... It's old **** that you are obviously profiting from, not me... I don't give a rats *** either way. In fact, I asked on your site to talk with this guy personally to substantiate this claim and it was met with immediate BS. Guess I'll just butt out and let you guys have at it with the one post wonder. No sweat off my back.
I do not own LSXNation, I'm a sponsor on there and good friends with the owners.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:18 PM
On The Tree

I do not own LSXNation, I'm a sponsor on there and good friends with the owners.
Should have said home site, I know you don't own it. I'm friends w/ Randy and some of the guys on there too and I also know you've done a lot of good work for them.
Old 08-18-2012, 12:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

ARD AlReady Destroyed
Old 08-18-2012, 12:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

https://ls1tech.com/forums/texas-mem...-very-bad.html
Old 08-18-2012, 12:11 PM
TWS
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by | Powered by Satan |
Still amazed ARD has stayed in business all these years.
Yep. I am amazed that anyone with an Internet connection gives them their car. A few minutes spent doing a search should turn potential customers away.
Old 08-18-2012, 12:28 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i wouldn't even let them work on my bicycle
Old 08-18-2012, 12:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Anyone know someone in the law profession that may be able to shed some light on what would Need to happen for someone to get their money back from a business that screws them? I am sure it is something along the lines of refuse delivery of vehicle, have car picked up and torn down by third party, once car is torn down and Evidence compiled, proceed to law enforcement/court system?
Old 08-19-2012, 01:07 PM

Default I was too busy to do it but Here are the instructions I paid for from an attorney.

When this was happening to me I had way to many things going on to go through with this but I had referred this to an attorney. I will pass along the legal advice I paid for to everyone here:

When you bring a car to any shop bring your buddy, get in writing the work to be performed and be specific. Such as “ Replace single fuel pump with (3) fuel pumps” labor 150.00 Parts –owner supplied Walboro pump.
“Replace Camshaft” Labor 300.00 Parts client supplied Crower No. 1233
Have a delivery date included in the Ticket
List clearly the warranty

When you pick up your car bring your buddy and test-drive the car.
If you have problems DOCUMENT EVERYTHING pictures, and in writing –Example “found used condoms on the back seat (size extra small) (seemed to have fecal matter on them from another customer)

Bring the car back immediately and get the list of problems in writing on the ticket (with your buddy)
Give them reasonable time such as two weeks to correct the problems.

Lastly if they do not fix the problems, bring the car back one last time and document everything with your buddy.

If it’s still not fixed file in small claims court. For ARD the court is 16756 Clay Road Houston, TX 77084 a couple miles from the shop.

Have your car fixed and document everything with pictures and the invoice. Would be nice if you could get a signed notarized statement from the mechanic.

Go to court with your buddy (witness), file under DTPA (Deceptive Trade Practice Act) bring your tickets, statements and pictures, used condom etc. Add punitive damages (up to 3 times the amount it cost to have your car fixed)

When you win in court, wait the required time he has for re-payment (30 days) then go back to the court and file an Abstract of Judgment in any county in which the judgment debtor has real property. The fee is $5.00 and there is an additional recording fee for the County Clerk at the time you file the abstract. The abstract informs the county in which you have filed it that there is a judgment against the debtor and it creates a judgment lien on the debtor's real estate in that county.

The judgment will probably be picked up by credit reporting agencies and be noted on the debtor's credit report. You may file this abstract in as many counties in Texas as you like. There will be a fee each time it is recorded.

Thirty days after judgment you should get an attorney, but you may obtain a Writ of Execution to attempt to seize the debtor's non-exempt property to satisfy your judgment. The fee for this writ is $205.00. Before you pursue this remedy, you should determine whether the debtor has non-exempt property. To do this, you must rule out all the debtor's exempt property, as follows:
The homestead is exempt. This means a house and up to one acre of land in an urban area, or a house and up to two hundred acres of land in a rural area.
Current wages for personal services, certain unpaid commissions for personal services, and certain health aids are exempt.
Personal property that is eligible and that has an aggregate fair market value of not more than $60,000.00 is exempt if the debtor is married or otherwise part of a family and $30,000.00 if the debtor is a single adult not a member of a family. The following items of personal property are eligible for exemption within above monetary limits:
Home furnishings, including family heirlooms;
Provisions for consumption;

Post on here and let us all know what happens
Old 08-19-2012, 01:28 PM
Teching In

i remember back in 2008, some of us (including some from lsxnation) were blind to the ways of ARD...even had our dyno day in october 08 at ARD and everyone was preaching how good owen was. I left the car scene shortly after that, and came back recently only to see that all of the guys i used to know have been fucked by ARD. I couldnt believe it. But one by one i read horror stories about it and am thankful i never had anything done there other than 2 dyno pulls.
Old 08-19-2012, 09:37 PM
Staging Lane

my car felt like it slowed down after the shop tuned it and worst part is i scheduled two different times to get adjustments and got there to be told sorry i dont have time if you go to the track i can do it there... however ,called robert at g force got it re tuned and it felt like a different car !!! thanx for this this thread iv been holding back on this subject . nobody is perfect but making an effort means alot. g force didnt bash any other shop just to get business simply said we can check it out
Old 08-20-2012, 01:41 PM
Staging Lane

Like this...found by G-Force after they had to fix a car ARD attempted to tune. ARD installed a clutch the same time they tuned it.
Old 08-20-2012, 01:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm amazed no one has knocked the fuckt out that clown at the track or elsewhere yet. Or Shanked or worse
Old 08-20-2012, 09:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NemeSS
I'm amazed no one has knocked the fuckt out that clown at the track or elsewhere yet. Or Shanked or worse
Seriously
Old 08-21-2012, 02:35 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 06tx4.8
Let's refresh everyone's mind of my car's infamy, shall we?

Originally Posted by mlee
The OP is from your site LSX Nation...
Mike, I hate to bust your bubble, but like I said before I don't think he is lol. I have absolutely no idea who he is. If he was from my site I can assure you I would certainly know...

Originally Posted by jiveass
i remember back in 2008, some of us (including some from lsxnation) were blind to the ways of ARD...even had our dyno day in october 08 at ARD and everyone was preaching how good owen was.
Yep. I keep telling Mike that I stood right there in his shoes a few years ago. I used to be the guy here on LS1Tech defending Owen's bullshit to all of the people that wanted to run him down. I finally woke up, the 5th gen guys need to do the same
Old 08-21-2012, 02:37 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by NemeSS
I like the way that you think sir

Quick Reply: Everyone who has used Advanced Racing Dynamics Please post!!