Old 09-16-2012, 10:50 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jesus!
Old 09-16-2012, 11:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Anyone for the first time watching "inception" just lose it? Lol

Little off topic but after watching that movie I looked into "lucid dreaming" I actually attempted it, bought a book on it followed the rules.. He'll who wouldnt if you could control your dreams.

Another thing I'm wierd about, have you ever been sitting alone and just think something or talk to yourself not actuall say out loud but hear a voice or your voice? I always think what if I'm in a coma I better not say something that would get me in trouble haha
Old 09-17-2012, 12:28 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by I8ASaleen
Abiogenesis is a nice 50 cent word lol. I think that the garden scene is symbolic to the point that it differentiates man from nature in that we are the image of God (as in conscience, language, and freedom of will). I also believe in supernatural events, which can lend me to accept that God could intervene in evolution to endow humanity with these traits. To answer outright I take the story symbollically not literally.
so if you say youre getting your 'symbolic' ideas from the bible and not taking what its saying about how it was created word for word. where else do you get your ideas? do you mix and match? make up your own?
if it is in fact the 100% accurate word of a god, why should it be taken symbolically? wouldnt you take every word for being the most true things ever said?
Old 09-17-2012, 03:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 05 GSXR 1XXX
Anyone for the first time watching "inception" just lose it? Lol

Little off topic but after watching that movie I looked into "lucid dreaming" I actually attempted it, bought a book on it followed the rules.. He'll who wouldnt if you could control your dreams.

Another thing I'm wierd about, have you ever been sitting alone and just think something or talk to yourself not actuall say out loud but hear a voice or your voice? I always think what if I'm in a coma I better not say something that would get me in trouble haha
Yea i was kinda lost when i saw that movie. Lucid dreaming is bad ***, i used to just think about what i wanted to dream and fall asleep and it would continue as a dream. Wake up in the middle of a dream and if you like it replay the dream in your head as you fall back asleep and it continues, kinda weird. The flying part i had it down as a kid lol and now i have some weird ones where as im laying down in bed my body just starts levitating feet first and eventually my whole body, i used to wake up scared bit started realizing again that its just dreams and let it continue and its some crazy stuff lol. Try watchong insideous as well.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:51 AM
On The Tree

Why would God need to lay out every detail of how he did it? I am a Christian and I am also a Registered Nurse. I have thought a lot about how we were created and the complexities of the human body or any animal for that matter. Is it intelligent design or happen stance? What if science is just unlocking how God did it? What if the Big Bang was his doing in order to "create" our solar system and life? What if all of these theories are how he did it? Wouldn't that make us all right? I believe what I believe because 1) it was how I was raised, 2) because of all the other religions I have looked into it makes the most sense, and 3) no one has ever proved that there is no God. I believe that science just proves how God made the universe and all things.

I have a question for the non-believers. What if your wrong and I am right or what if I am wrong and you are right?
Old 09-17-2012, 08:15 AM
12 Second Club

I believe we were created from star particles. Basically when a star explodes it shoots out tons of particles, atoms, etc. I think they made it to earth and over the millions of years evolved life and now our present.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:35 AM
TECH Regular

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by boostnificent
Why would God need to lay out every detail of how he did it? I am a Christian and I am also a Registered Nurse. I have thought a lot about how we were created and the complexities of the human body or any animal for that matter. Is it intelligent design or happen stance? What if science is just unlocking how God did it? What if the Big Bang was his doing in order to "create" our solar system and life? What if all of these theories are how he did it? Wouldn't that make us all right? I believe what I believe because 1) it was how I was raised, 2) because of all the other religions I have looked into it makes the most sense, and 3) no one has ever proved that there is no God. I believe that science just proves how God made the universe and all things.

I have a question for the non-believers. What if your wrong and I am right or what if I am wrong and you are right?
Pascal's Wager? What kind of belief is that if I only believe because I fear a punishment?

Furthermore, shouldn't you believe in a god who offers the worst punishment for non-belief in order to maximize the point of your wager?

How about this: I don't know how the universe was created, but until some evidence is brought forth suggesting it was created by an intelligence, I will continue forward on the assumption it was due to natural processes, just like everything else in life and science is. I don't have to disprove god, because I am not making a claim that he exists, nor am I claiming gods existence is impossible. The onus is on religions to provide me a good enough reason to believe any gods exist.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:49 AM
AGH
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 409CISecondGen
The onus is on religions to provide me a good enough reason to believe any gods exist.
Actually it's not. If you don't want to believe there is a God then that's your choice. The responsibility of "religion" is to preach the Gospel and those appointed to eternal life will believe; not to try and prove His existance. Any human can look at the stars in the night sky and observe nature in general and know "someone" created it. And again, if you want to reject that thought - it's your freewill choice to do so.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:08 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by AGH
Actually it's not. If you don't want to believe there is a God then that's your choice. The responsibility of "religion" is to preach the Gospel and those appointed to eternal life will believe; not to try and prove His existance. Any human can look at the stars in the night sky and observe nature in general and know "someone" created it. And again, if you want to reject that thought - it's your freewill choice to do so.
Really? Then it's your responsibility to disprove the Flying Spaghetti Monster, invisible pink unicorn, Zeus, Thor, Odin, and Russel's teapot.

Any human can look at the stars in the night sky and observe nature and 'know' that the earth is at the center of the universe and everything revolves around it.

Assuming intelligence behind the creation of the universe without evidence is simply not logical. You are adding even more complexity to the equation without a reason.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

There is leeway in interpretation in the bible, I do not "mix and match" my beliefs as I don't have to. I depart from orthodoxy only where they are strict on literal 7 day creation, which has room for interpretation in the original hebrew
Old 09-17-2012, 02:42 PM
On The Tree

Pascal's Wager? What kind of belief is that if I only believe because I fear a punishment?

Furthermore, shouldn't you believe in a god who offers the worst punishment for non-belief in order to maximize the point of your wager?

How about this: I don't know how the universe was created, but until some evidence is brought forth suggesting it was created by an intelligence, I will continue forward on the assumption it was due to natural processes, just like everything else in life and science is. I don't have to disprove god, because I am not making a claim that he exists, nor am I claiming gods existence is impossible. The onus is on religions to provide me a good enough reason to believe any gods exist.
Really? Then it's your responsibility to disprove the Flying Spaghetti Monster, invisible pink unicorn, Zeus, Thor, Odin, and Russel's teapot.

Any human can look at the stars in the night sky and observe nature and 'know' that the earth is at the center of the universe and everything revolves around it.

Assuming intelligence behind the creation of the universe without evidence is simply not logical. You are adding even more complexity to the equation without a reason.
You have to look at it with an open mind and a soft heart. You clearly have neither, I don't mean that in a judgmental tone or a negative tone. You have a right to your views and to do what you think is right. I myself have a hard time believing that a bolt of lighting hit a puddle of gooo which happened to contain a bunch of single cell organisms and out comes all of the animals, bacteria, virus, plants, trees and anything else that happens to be a living thing. Think about this, how did flower bearing plants get here without bees to carry the pollen from one to another? Did one of the flowers evolve into a bee for the greater good of all flowers?
Old 09-17-2012, 02:47 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by I8ASaleen
There is leeway in interpretation in the bible, I do not "mix and match" my beliefs as I don't have to. I depart from orthodoxy only where they are strict on literal 7 day creation, which has room for interpretation in the original hebrew
I'm not mix and matching my beliefs at all. Is science a belief or a religion? I believe God had a process in making the universe and all of the things in it. In Genesis he states that we were made from the earth, look at our chemical make up. I just feel that science verifies the process in which he used to create things.
Old 09-17-2012, 03:02 PM
TECH Regular

You have to look at it with an open mind and a soft heart. You clearly have neither, I don't mean that in a judgmental tone or a negative tone. You have a right to your views and to do what you think is right. I myself have a hard time believing that a bolt of lighting hit a puddle of gooo which happened to contain a bunch of single cell organisms and out comes all of the animals, bacteria, virus, plants, trees and anything else that happens to be a living thing. Think about this, how did flower bearing plants get here without bees to carry the pollen from one to another? Did one of the flowers evolve into a bee for the greater good of all flowers?
You mean I should bring emotion into an empirical analysis?

You seem to think the universe is too complex to happen by chance, to which I ask, how is it helpful to believe something even more complex such as an intelligence created the universe? It was not chance, but natural selection, mutation, genetic drift, and gene flow that guided evolution. Not a divine being.

The puddle says, 'this pothole was created perfectly for me!'

Furthermore, I do not claim to know how the universe came about, simply what the most plausible explanation so far is. The answer to a complex question is not likely 'goddidit' or 'because magic.' Can you think of one question for which we used to have a scientific answer to which there is now a religious one?

Oh by the way, flowers and bees evolved together, not one before the other. There is nothing perplexing about that if you know and understand the mechanisms of evolution.
http://www.societyofbiology.org/bran...ex/coevolution

Last edited by 409CISecondGen; 09-17-2012 at 03:14 PM.
Old 09-17-2012, 03:34 PM
Launching!

I'm not mix and matching my beliefs at all. Is science a belief or a religion? I believe God had a process in making the universe and all of the things in it. In Genesis he states that we were made from the earth, look at our chemical make up. I just feel that science verifies the process in which he used to create things.
what do you say to the muslim who can quote from the quran and say the exact same thing you said but just insert Allah instead of Jesus?
and btw, but the quran kind of trumps the bible in regards to a lot of theories.

i hate to say it, but alot of the things youre saying about bees and flowers, and look at the earth its chemically close to us so 'aha god made it!' its just what you see people do when they've never taken the time to read a biology book.

science DOES have a lot of answers for your questions and guess what. ITS LEARNING MORE EVERYDAY ABOUT THE WORLD AROUND US AND HOW IT CAME INTO BEING!
just like the bill nye video, one thing about creationsim that IMHO causes harm is the fact that they say 'well god did it, end of story, thats all the proof i need'. if thats not being close minded i dont know what is!
Old 09-17-2012, 04:59 PM
On The Tree

You mean I should bring emotion into an empirical analysis?

You seem to think the universe is too complex to happen by chance, to which I ask, how is it helpful to believe something even more complex such as an intelligence created the universe? It was not chance, but natural selection, mutation, genetic drift, and gene flow that guided evolution. Not a divine being.

The puddle says, 'this pothole was created perfectly for me!'

Furthermore, I do not claim to know how the universe came about, simply what the most plausible explanation so far is. The answer to a complex question is not likely 'goddidit' or 'because magic.' Can you think of one question for which we used to have a scientific answer to which there is now a religious one?

Oh by the way, flowers and bees evolved together, not one before the other. There is nothing perplexing about that if you know and understand the mechanisms of evolution.
http://www.societyofbiology.org/bran...ex/coevolution
Yes, that's exactly what I am saying. So where did the bees come from? Where did the plants come from. Kinda convient they just "evolved" together. I'm not trying to change your mind or even debate the subject matter really. It will take a miracle to change your mind and I just hope that it happens before it is "your time".
Originally Posted by XtremeBBQ
what do you say to the muslim who can quote from the quran and say the exact same thing you said but just insert Allah instead of Jesus?
and btw, but the quran kind of trumps the bible in regards to a lot of theories.

i hate to say it, but alot of the things youre saying about bees and flowers, and look at the earth its chemically close to us so 'aha god made it!' its just what you see people do when they've never taken the time to read a biology book.

science DOES have a lot of answers for your questions and guess what. ITS LEARNING MORE EVERYDAY ABOUT THE WORLD AROUND US AND HOW IT CAME INTO BEING!
just like the bill nye video, one thing about creationsim that IMHO causes harm is the fact that they say 'well god did it, end of story, thats all the proof i need'. if thats not being close minded i dont know what is!
Allah and God are the same in the Koran and the Bible. Islam, Christianity, and Judaism recognize the same God. I am not closed minded about anything other than the Gospel.

Nice car by the way!!
Old 09-17-2012, 05:22 PM
TECH Regular

Yes, that's exactly what I am saying. So where did the bees come from? Where did the plants come from. Kinda convient they just "evolved" together. I'm not trying to change your mind or even debate the subject matter really. It will take a miracle to change your mind and I just hope that it happens before it is "your time".
It's not convenient, it wasn't chance, it wasn't a miracle, it was evolution. You don't understand natural selection if you think evolution claims things happen by chance.

The environment selects what traits get passed on. Obviously no plant would spread pollen by a means that doesn't work because those traits wouldn't be passed on...

Btw, this is extremely condescending and offensive.
"I just hope that it happens before it is "your time".
Old 09-17-2012, 05:36 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How life started?-hcbqp.jpg
Old 09-17-2012, 05:46 PM
8 Second Club

The only thing I can say is there was a Yahoo.com article about Stephen Hawking's latest book where he basically proves that the big bang theory is how the earth was created. He never mentions ANYTHING about a dis-belief in god.

Then all the comments from radical "Christians"... "He is getting sicker and sicker because he doesn't pray" ... "God is doing this to him for spreading lies"

I am sorry but if that's what people are trained to believe and want to say things like that about someone who has done 8000x the things they have in their life. Then I think a good thinning of the heard should happen. Maybe a good plague or something.

Believe what you want. That's the greatest part of America. We all have our own beliefs and we are allowed to. People may not agree with you, but it's your opinions. Just like doing stuff with cars looks or performance wise. It's your opinion.

PS... Cool little thought "our soul" or the voice inside of us where does that go when we die? I have a theory that death is an eternal dream. And it could be good or bad is where you conscious was at that point in time.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:53 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Mr Powell
The only thing I can say is there was a Yahoo.com article about Stephen Hawking's latest book where he basically proves that the big bang theory is how the earth was created. He never mentions ANYTHING about a dis-belief in god.
Well actually he has said "religion is a fairy tale for those scared of the dark." He has also said "It is not necessary to invoke God to light the blue touch paper [fuse] and set the universe going." Sounds like he lacks belief in god: Atheist.

Old 09-17-2012, 05:59 PM
8 Second Club

So he deserves what he gets??? I've lost hope in most of society... Well I did LONG LONG ago sadly.

Quick Reply: How life started?