Auto Shipping

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 01:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Something else you should be aware of when receiving a shipped vehicle:

Often, especially if your vehicle is on the top rack of the carrier, your vehicle will arrive with scratches on the hood, side, roof, and rear. Always, always look for this damage. It happens on the trailer when the driver gets too close to trees along the roadside and runs your vehicle through limbs.

Also, keep in mind, when the driver unloads your vehicle from the trailer, he is most likely aware of this damage. So, he will attempt to distract you while you are going over the vehicle looking for any damage that may have occurred during shipping. Notice how talkative and engaging the driver gets while you are doing your walk around inspection, before you sign the waiver.

This has happened to me several times over the years and, believe it or not, just happened to me this morning. The driver dragged a vehicle with flawless paint through tree limbs and caused a lot of damage. I'm praying this can be corrected without paint work.

For high-end vehicles or something you are overly concerned about, you are much better off spending the extra money to have it shipped on an enclosed trailer. The chances of it being damaged (especially scratched) on an open trailer are really high.

Finally, for your protection, you should be requesting a Certificate of Insurance from the actual shipper (not the broker) before they load your vehicle on their trailer. Getting this information after you have had a problem can be very difficult. The Certificate of Insurance will have all of the relevant information on it that you will need if you have to get the carrier's insurance company involved.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:15 PM
TECH Regular

i was looking into getting my vehicle shipped to me from OK, because im on assignment overseas. But its a roller, and has the motor/parts to go with it. im just waiting till i get home in Nov
Old 09-24-2012, 11:36 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by nick.celis
i was looking into getting my vehicle shipped to me from OK, because im on assignment overseas. But its a roller, and has the motor/parts to go with it. im just waiting till i get home in Nov
Let me know if you need help getting that car here.
Old 09-25-2012, 04:36 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ex-SS-ve
Let me know if you need help getting that car here.
PM sent!

Quick Reply: Auto Shipping