Does San Antonio Raceway close any time of the year? Other tracks near Austin?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 10:45 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another CT guy moving to Austin? Let me know when you move dude, the scene down here is about 7 million times better than CT on it's best day.
Old 09-20-2012, 07:42 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

More good info, guys. This is the kind of stuff that's been really getting me motivated to get a solid plan in place for the move. The decision is already made to get out of CT, and the more research I do, the more I feel Austin is a good first place to try out.

And on a side note, a little bend in the road never deterred me on this bike....
Old 09-21-2012, 06:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What kind of work do you do?

Kyle
Old 09-21-2012, 12:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NA$TY-TA
What kind of work do you do?

Kyle
For the past 6 1/2 years since graduating from college, I've worked at a high purity chemical company that focuses on pharmaceuticals, biotech, microelectronics, and other related industries. Got my degree in music but needed to pay the loans off, so I got hired by this company. They keep throwing more money and more responsibilities at me, so I've stuck with it to this point. They've offered to send me to graduate school for my MBA but that would lock me into this area for another 7-8 years with their requirements, and I just can't stand it in the Northeast anymore.

I started off as an Administrative Assistant, was promoted to Executive Assistant to the President (which is my current and somewhat inaccurate title), and now I'm just pretty much an everything person. I think Project Coordinator/Manager would be more fitting, but they don't really care about my title since they know I handle whatever they need me to. It just sucks for my resume. I coordinate facilities and fleet maintenance, handle all of the on-site IT work, a lot of research and work for purchasing and new projects, business system work and research, regulatory compliance, warehouse work and deliveries, quality control, human resources, I handle all of the insurance for the company (both employee health/dental/life and our business liability/property insurance), trained for customer service when necessary, and of course the normal office-related stuff, such as scheduling, correspondence, etc. You name it. I'm involved with pretty much every department in this company.

I have a very short learning curve in most areas and I'm up for pretty much any position someone wants to throw me into. I also make a decent income nights and weekends as a musician, taught privately at a school for a few years, and then had my own lesson business for a while. Throughout college, I was a light and sound engineer that started out as a stage crew position for Berklee College of Music, where I attended. Summers were spent as a waiter and then low-level manager at a restaurant, which sucked, but it paid. That pretty much sums up the last 10 years of my life.

Last edited by PewterScreaminMach; 09-21-2012 at 01:03 PM.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:03 PM
Staging Lane

I recently moved to austin from central ny. Ennis and San-Antonio are great tracks!! Deffinatly better than any i have raced in CNY inlcuding ny international . Ennis does friday night "test and tune" for like $10, but it is 3 solid hours from Austin. San antonio is very nice but im not sure of their schedule. Get ready to drive your car daily down here!!
Old 09-25-2012, 06:41 PM
TWS
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
Interesting, I thought we had a monopoly on those Mexican tracks here in CT.
Not only do we have Mexican tracks, but sometimes we also have real Mexicans at them.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:36 PM
Teching In

Default We stay open year round guys!

Thanks a lot for the support! I'm about to post about another awesome event we got coming up next Saturday. Tonight we are racing MIDNIGHT MADNESS.

Next saturday we got the FALL BRAWL. Check it out in a couple of mins.

Quick Reply: Does San Antonio Raceway close any time of the year? Other tracks near Austin?