Houston Texans Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 11:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NemeSS
Jj is a very aggressive, but he doesnt go and spear qb's.
Mays speared schaub, anyone who has ever played a down of football saw that.
He wasnt the only one, i saw a few others also tryin to spear him. They were trying to take him out imo.
Didn't see the whole game, sounds like its NO football all over again
Old 09-25-2012, 07:55 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 99CamVanillaTop
Didn't see the whole game, sounds like its NO football all over again
You dont really believe NO was the only team, do you? Anyway, the league is considering a suspension for Mays. We'll see how that goes.
Old 09-25-2012, 01:59 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by hiram007
You dont really believe NO was the only team, do you? Anyway, the league is considering a suspension for Mays. We'll see how that goes.
Done deal, they announced it about 10 minutes ago. Of course Mays is appealing.
Old 09-25-2012, 02:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Thunderkyss
$50k and a 1 game suspension.
Old 09-25-2012, 04:28 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Thunderkyss
lol of course
Old 09-26-2012, 08:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I am appealing his appeal. FN Douche Bag.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:29 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wasn't saying JJ Watt would do that- was saying that if Watt (or any if our players) did that to Manning (intentional or accidental) they would have been ejected because certain QB's get special treatment.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:14 AM
Launching!

It's football. Part of the game is to get hit. I still dont understand this whole "they are hitting each other too hard and getting brain damage thing." It's a violent sport. These guys get paid millions of dollars. Every one of them could've had a free education while playing college and done something else if football is too violent for them. What's next Muhammad Ali sues the Boxing? I think boxing is dangerous, someone should tell those guys getting punched in the head isnt good for them and causes brain injuries. Set up a fund for poor old guys like Mike Tyson.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:44 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Nwmembr19
It's football. Part of the game is to get hit. I still dont understand this whole "they are hitting each other too hard and getting brain damage thing." It's a violent sport. These guys get paid millions of dollars. Every one of them could've had a free education while playing college and done something else if football is too violent for them. What's next Muhammad Ali sues the Boxing? I think boxing is dangerous, someone should tell those guys getting punched in the head isnt good for them and causes brain injuries. Set up a fund for poor old guys like Mike Tyson.
I agree with you in that football is a violent sport. However, a helmet to helmet shot on a defensless player is completely pointless and avoidable.

Take the hit on Schaub for example. Mays could have easily went 1 foot lower, lead with his shoulder and put Schaub on his ***. Clean hit. Same result.

You do know that over the years Boxing has gone from no gloves, to leather gloves with no padding to heavily padded new age gloves, right? This was done to protect both fighters. Heads and hands.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:20 AM
Launching!

I think you might be missing the point a bit. No one is complaining that Mays leveled Schaub. What we are complaining about is how he went about it. Had Mays gone for Schaubs body and broken a few ribs, I would have been perfectly fine with it. It would have sucked big time, but like you said, it's football, that is what they signed up for.

However, just because they signed up for it doesnt give other players a free pass to take cheap shots. Launching yourself full speed into someones head I think qualifies (even if the ball hasnt been released). That's the point we are trying to make, not that football is violent.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:05 AM
TECH Resident

I'm a Cowboys fan, but I'm happy to see the Texans succeed because of Gary Kubiak. He's a graduate of A&M and was a Qb for them while in school, so I'll always support him and his team.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:42 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by -Ross-
I agree with you in that football is a violent sport. However, a helmet to helmet shot on a defensless player is completely pointless and avoidable.

Take the hit on Schaub for example. Mays could have easily went 1 foot lower, lead with his shoulder and put Schaub on his ***. Clean hit. Same result.

You do know that over the years Boxing has gone from no gloves, to leather gloves with no padding to heavily padded new age gloves, right? This was done to protect both fighters. Heads and hands.

You're saying he could've easily made some calculated adjustment to his full force charge? I doubt he's thinking much about how he can make the softest hit possible, and why should he? It's not like the play was over and he charged him in the back. Looked like he took his last step before the ball left schaub's hand.

I'm not trying to be a dick. I just dont get the crying of hits. If it's still in the heat of the play it seems fair to me. And the point of Boxing is for one guy to either knock the other guy unconscious or beat him until he can't get up anymore. Those gloves protect hands more than heads, and heavyweights still break their hands. Those gloves add another lb of mass to smash into someones head. It's violent and they are trying to hurt each other. What is the game going to look like if players start worrying about hurting each other? Might as well play touch football. Just my opinon.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:47 AM
TECH Junkie

You're saying he could've easily made some calculated adjustment to his full force charge? I doubt he's thinking much about how he can make the softest hit possible, and why should he? It's not like the play was over and he charged him in the back. Looked like he took his last step before the ball left schaub's hand.

I'm not trying to be a dick. I just dont get the crying of hits. If it's still in the heat of the play it seems fair to me. And the point of Boxing is for one guy to either knock the other guy unconscious or beat him until he can't get up anymore. Those gloves protect hands more than heads, and heavyweights still break their hands. Those gloves add another lb of mass to smash into someones head. It's violent and they are trying to hurt each other. What is the game going to look like if players start worrying about hurting each other? Might as well play touch football. Just my opinon.
Give it a rest. Mays could have easily charged Schaub in the "ready to tackle" position (ducking and preparing to drive through and wrap up the ball carrier). He took a cheap shot on him instead. A very dangerous one at that.

Boxing,
You mean to tell me you are going to say that the added weight of a heavily padded glove is going to do more damage than bear knuckles? Please.
Old 09-29-2012, 03:13 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by -Ross-
Give it a rest. Mays could have easily charged Schaub in the "ready to tackle" position (ducking and preparing to drive through and wrap up the ball carrier). He took a cheap shot on him instead. A very dangerous one at that.

Boxing,
You mean to tell me you are going to say that the added weight of a heavily padded glove is going to do more damage than bear knuckles? Please.
Oh yeah, I'm going to concede to your opinion about what someone else was thinking during the play they made. I guess you can read minds. And obviously you must be some kind of professional football player since you can say with 100% certainty that he could've done different.

What is obvious is you have never been hit by a boxing glove from a pro fighter. Because you wouldn't say it was heavily padded, or that it even lessens the concussive force. It may reduce the chance of something like a cut happening, but not the actual brain shock inside the skull. But I forgot, you know everything so I must be wrong, haha.
Old 09-29-2012, 03:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Oh yeah, I'm going to concede to your opinion about what someone else was thinking during the play they made. I guess you can read minds. And obviously you must be some kind of professional football player since you can say with 100% certainty that he could've done different.

What is obvious is you have never been hit by a boxing glove from a pro fighter. Because you wouldn't say it was heavily padded, or that it even lessens the concussive force. It may reduce the chance of something like a cut happening, but not the actual brain shock inside the skull. But I forgot, you know everything so I must be wrong, haha.

Last edited by -Ross-; 09-29-2012 at 11:14 PM.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Go TEXANS!

I hope someone sucker punches Mays while he is standing in line at Arby's on Sunday.
Old 09-29-2012, 08:49 PM
LEO
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 54inches
go texans!

I hope someone sucker punches mays while he is standing in line at arby's on sunday.
lmao!!!
Old 09-30-2012, 10:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Ready for them Texans.
Old 09-30-2012, 01:20 PM
On The Tree

Texans look good especially JJ Watt is beast lol..

Demps with a dirty hit on CJ though.
Old 09-30-2012, 01:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Kubiak pisses me off and Wade is here to save his *** once again.

One game at a time

Quick Reply: Houston Texans Thread