Obama backed A123 battery manufacture declares bankruptcy

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 05:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by XtremeBBQ
why are you ok with certain govt run programs but not others. and where do you draw the line?
Debt, inflation, and moral beliefs. If it is within a self sustaining balanced budget to live within our means.

Originally Posted by 409CISecondGen
Don't nitpick about my word choice. I wasn't implying birth control or highways could be made magically costless and you know that. You're simply being an obstinate troll.

"Free" meaning making it a burden on society as a whole instead of a burden on the individual because all of society will benefit instead of only those intelligent, mature, and wealthy enough to make it a priority.
Yes but you and many others like you take the word free and create your own definition for it. What you described has nothing to do with the word free, so, the way I'm interpreting your definition, correct me if I am wrong, That you want all forms of birth control not including infanticide readily available at no cost to the public?

I am not trolling you btw.
Old 10-17-2012, 05:05 PM
TECH Regular

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LeanPocket
Yes but you and many others like you take the word free and create your own definition for it. What you described has nothing to do with the word free, so, the way I'm interpreting your definition, correct me if I am wrong, That you want all forms of birth control not including infanticide readily available at no cost to the public?

I am not trolling you btw.
Playing semantic games is not trolling me?

Also, yes except for abortion. I support the right to have an abortion but ideally I want there to be no abortion in the world except for cases of rape and when the child is most likely going to be born with a defect. If women didn't get pregnant when they don't want to there wouldn't be as many abortions.

Last edited by 409CISecondGen; 10-17-2012 at 05:10 PM.
Old 10-17-2012, 05:09 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You seem to be confused on your definition of either "profit" or "government"

I guess those rules against the finger content of sausage and child labor laws are just not in American interests.
How about we include the entire quote so that it is taken in context?

Originally Posted by Me
You are fooling yourself if Government is looking out for [I]your[I/] best interests instead of their short term self-serving profits. Dont believe me? Go ask any elected official to introduce a bill that bans lobbying and see what happens.

What elected official (Government) is going to outlaw the very thing that lines his pockets with cash (profit).
Old 10-17-2012, 05:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Playing semantic games is not trolling me?

If i was purposefully playing semantic games then yes, but im not
Old 10-17-2012, 05:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Come at me bro i can dance all day
Old 10-17-2012, 05:20 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by DSIM
How about we include the entire quote so that it is taken in context?

What elected official (Government) is going to outlaw the very thing that lines his pockets with cash (profit).
lobbying and the revolving door are problems caused by not enough regulation of lobbying and the revolving door. So it seems like you are arguing that the solution to government corruption is to ensure the people doing the corrupting in government have more money to corrupt government.

Somehow, less regulation of business seems counterproductive to your complaints that business is lining the pockets of politicians.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:03 PM
TECH Regular

If something is to be regulated it is the Government, not the business, that should be regulated. Everyone wants to blame business and lobbysts for this problem instead of the people accepting the money for some reason. Remember... every tax loophole, every subsidy, every thing you despise business getting away with is allowed (created) by the Government. I know the decision is swayed due to lobbyists but the final decision is by the elected.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:04 PM
TECH Addict

What I don't want is the short sighted, profit driven free market making all the decisions for me. I certainly don't advocate communism, I'm a left libertarian. I just don't think the free market is the end all solution.

Yes, sometimes it takes institutions with more foresight to plan ahead then corporations: it's called government. Public roads are a testament to that. And yes, in case you didn't pay attention during middle school science class, there are forms of sustainable renewable energy on earth. What is needed to make them accessible is investment and no businesses are willing to make investments that far ahead.

"I don't know, that sounds like communism to me" sounds like fear mongering left over from the cold war being drummed up by a certain political party to me...
You clearly don't know what you're talking about. Left libertarian is the epitome of an oxymoron.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:10 PM
TECH Regular

Everyone wants to blame business and lobbysts for this problem instead of the people accepting the money for some reason.
How about blaming the people offering the bribes AND the people accepting them?
Old 10-17-2012, 07:54 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Shackleford
You clearly don't know what you're talking about. Left libertarian is the epitome of an oxymoron.
You could at least google it to make sure it isnt something instead of not using google and finding out it is a real thing. This sort of stuff doesnt help.

The 'bribes' are legal, cant punish someone for no crime. At least I can hold my elected official accountable for not listening and voting in accordance with their constituents desires.

Last edited by DSIM; 10-18-2012 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Broken link
Old 10-17-2012, 08:08 PM
TECH Regular

Thought this was fitting

Old 10-17-2012, 09:22 PM
TECH Regular

The 'bribes' are legal, cant punish someone for no crime. At least I can hold my elected official accountable for not listening and voting in accordance with their constituents desires.
You are describing problems I totally agree exist. The revolving door, the need for campaign finance reform, too much lobbying. From what I understand, your position is that decreasing government will decrease the corruption?

I certainly understand if that's your position, but that that doesn't solve corruption in government. That simply reduces the effects. And it increases the extent to which corporations can exploit the people for profit.

To solve corruption without reducing the good things government provides you simply need more regulation of corporations who attempt to influence it. By regulating how much money politicians can accept you can make them beholden to their voting constituents again and not businesses who bankrolled their campaign. You said you can "hold my elected official accountable for not listening and voting in accordance with their constituents desires." But you can't really, you can write him a letter but as a private citizen you do not wield enough influence to convince him to vote in favor of his constituents when he can vote in favor of the corporation who can pay to convince his constituents to vote for him. Regulation of business returns the disproportionate political power wielded by private corporations back to the public.

Last edited by 409CISecondGen; 10-17-2012 at 09:33 PM.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Fighting over 2 puppets for the global elite. Wonderful.
This country has gone to hell in a hand basket and we havent seen anything yet. Have fun fighting over your 2 front men for the 2 party dictatorship funded by globalists, big farma, and the banks. Your freedom and sovereignty are being sent down the river.
When the dollar is finally collapsed, martial law is here, and world government is put into place...just remember the crazy old man speaking of ending the fed, the gold standard and the constitution. What a crazy old man heh. Have fun watching the puppet/sheep show while behind the curtain the elite collapse the USA.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:55 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by senicalj4579
Fighting over 2 puppets for the global elite. Wonderful.
This country has gone to hell in a hand basket and we havent seen anything yet. Have fun fighting over your 2 front men for the 2 party dictatorship funded by globalists, big farma, and the banks. Your freedom and sovereignty are being sent down the river.
When the dollar is finally collapsed, martial law is here, and world government is put into place...just remember the crazy old man speaking of ending the fed, the gold standard and the constitution. What a crazy old man heh. Have fun watching the puppet/sheep show while behind the curtain the elite collapse the USA.
Dont mistake my lack of a stated endorsement of Romney as an endorsement. Ill be voting Libertarian until they get the 3% necessary to get Federal Election Funding as I agree with neither oRepublicant or Democrap agenda.
Old 10-18-2012, 02:45 AM
Launching!

QUOTE=senicalj4579;16819765]Fighting over 2 puppets for the global elite. Wonderful.
When the dollar is finally collapsed, martial law is here, and world government is put into place...just remember the crazy old man speaking of ending the fed, the gold standard and the constitution. What a crazy old man heh. Have fun watching the puppet/sheep show while behind the curtain the elite collapse the USA.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I'm still going to write in Ron Paul's name, since I don't support either of those two.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:18 AM
TECH Regular

You are describing problems I totally agree exist. The revolving door, the need for campaign finance reform, too much lobbying. From what I understand, your position is that decreasing government will decrease the corruption?

I certainly understand if that's your position, but that that doesn't solve corruption in government. That simply reduces the effects. And it increases the extent to which corporations can exploit the people for profit.
I see it differently than you do. I see it is as the Government right now is exploiting its Citizens. What is the purpose of business...? To make money. Now what is the purpose of Government...? To take care of the Citizens by acting in our best interests. You see, business is doing what it is supposed to do... its the Government that is failing us by acting in the best interests of corporations. I dont blame that on the businesses, I blame that on the Government.

To solve corruption without reducing the good things government provides you simply need more regulation of corporations who attempt to influence it. By regulating how much money politicians can accept you can make them beholden to their voting constituents again and not businesses who bankrolled their campaign. You said you can "hold my elected official accountable for not listening and voting in accordance with their constituents desires." But you can't really, you can write him a letter but as a private citizen you do not wield enough influence to convince him to vote in favor of his constituents when he can vote in favor of the corporation who can pay to convince his constituents to vote for him. Regulation of business returns the disproportionate political power wielded by private corporations back to the public.
So you want to regulate how much money POLITICIANS can accept by regulating CORPORATIONS.... how about we regulate how much money POLITICIANS can accept by regulating POLITICIANS? Of course all this chatter is a moot point until we have people in Washington that care more about America than their bank accounts.

Also, how many loners do you know of that changed a government? None? Oh, I know. Thats why, as citizens, we need to unite and make our collective voices heard. Im trying to get involved telling everyone I know to vote Libertarian so that in 4 years we can maybe have another voice on the national stage.... thats the difference I am trying to make, what are YOU doing about it? I know its not going to happen overnight but I dont care, thats the American in me.... Im not going down without the proverbial fight.

And for those that want to write in Ron Paul... let me remind you that Ron Paul endorsed Gary Johnson... the Libertarian candidate. Please, PLEASE vote for Gary if you are thinking of writing in Ron Paul. Make a difference, help the Libertarians secure 3% of the national vote so that they get federal funding next go round. Change... it doesnt come from the same 2 parties that have been ******* our country up for the last 200 years.

Last edited by DSIM; 10-18-2012 at 08:52 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-18-2012, 08:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Obamacare
Old 10-18-2012, 09:20 AM
TECH Regular

So you want to regulate how much money POLITICIANS can accept by regulating CORPORATIONS.... how about we regulate how much money POLITICIANS can accept by regulating POLITICIANS? Of course all this chatter is a moot point until we have people in Washington that care more about America than their bank accounts.

I want to regulate the amount of money corporations can give to politicians...
Because corporations have more money (and thus power in Washington) than the average citizen can ever hope to have.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:51 AM
TECH Regular

I want to regulate the amount of money corporations can give to politicians...
Because corporations have more money (and thus power in Washington) than the average citizen can ever hope to have.
This is what you said that I am referring to....

To solve corruption without reducing the good things government provides you simply need more regulation of corporations who attempt to influence it. By regulating how much money politicians can accept you can make them beholden to their voting constituents again and not businesses who bankrolled their campaign.
You want to regulate how much politicians can accept by creating more laws against businesses. You arent punishing the actual problem. Businesses will come and go, corrupt politicians arent going anywhere. That would be like regulating more the grocery store if your kid stole a candy bar. I counter that by saying that we need to regulate politicians. We have tried your ideas... regulate business into morality but at what point are we going to hold Government to the same standards?

What I dont understand is where is all this trust coming from that the Government is going to do the right thing by you? Have they yet to accomplish that?
Old 10-18-2012, 09:57 AM
TECH Regular

All I know is that THIS cannot be sustained and something needs to be done about it.

Report: Welfare government’s single largest budget item in FY 2011 at approx. $1.03 trillion

Quick Reply: Obama backed A123 battery manufacture declares bankruptcy