HP Tuners in Austin

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 03:00 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HP Tuners in Austin

I was wondering if there is someone that does HP Tuning on the side or on a personal level that could help me put a tune on my truck?

I have a 1998 MPFI 7.4l Vortec with a 4l80e swapped into a 1968 GMC truck. I orginally swapped in the stock drivetrain and just had someone put a "superchips" tune on it as well as delete the normal stuff. It ran great, like a dummy I had took someones word saying they could give me another 20-30hp by them doing their HP Tune on it.

They ended up crushing the oilpan on the truck during the test drive. Never the less it still didnt run very good after the tune. It wont start unless you hold the gas pedal all the way down while cranking, it shifts like crap, feels real weak at lower RPM'S, it will die if you try putting it in gear unless you power brake it. I pulled the engine replaced the oil pan, the next time driving it it broke a piston and rod just going down the street.

So I pulled the engine again, rebuilt it, put in a ZZ502 cam and a bored throttle body on it. So now I would like to find someone who knows they can tune it. This is a street driven truck only, no racing, ect, so just need a decent street tune.

I will gladly pay for someone to tune it! Just thought I would try to see if someone is interested in doing a tune before I take it to a professional shop.

Thanks~
Old 10-19-2012, 04:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

http://www.reckartperformancetuning.com/

perhaps they can help

Quick Reply: HP Tuners in Austin