Texas Mile

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 02:26 PM
LS1 Tech Administrator

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Sam car is running a TH400 with a 3.20 rear gear. Only 3 speeds and no lockup clutch.
Old 10-28-2012, 02:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by danger ds
http://youtu.be/OvNf6LIvluQ

Vid speaks for it self enjoy.
Bad ***...Congrats Danny!!!!
Old 10-28-2012, 04:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hey NVR4GET..... long time since we spoke. Thanks for taking a break from sucking big fat ***** to grace us with your presence. I am pretty sure Steven does not have a criminal background, and if you go by the results of the Texas Invitational he seems to kinda be a premier shop at the moment. As for having Gypsy Joe work for him, well......... as a business owner things can get difficult, complex even. What is important is that he has released that liability. Anyway...... I really like you, I wished like hell you would show your face one day at one of these gatherings. Until then...
Old 10-28-2012, 04:34 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I spoke to one of the SAM guys and he told me the Camaro was pushing 608 RWHP thru a TH400 and 9"
Old 10-28-2012, 04:35 PM
TECH Resident

427ci and E-85
Old 10-28-2012, 04:57 PM
Teching In

And yes it is true that lmr built the turbo system, but it all coming off as it is outdated now and yes we did break the trans. but we will be back at Ellington and at cars and coffe this week end.
Old 10-28-2012, 05:18 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by danger ds
http://youtu.be/OvNf6LIvluQ

Vid speaks for it self enjoy.

Congrats Danny and the guys at Lethal
Old 10-28-2012, 05:36 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by rollin2160
Hey NVR4GET..... long time since we spoke. Thanks for taking a break from sucking big fat ***** to grace us with your presence. I am pretty sure Steven does not have a criminal background, and if you go by the results of the Texas Invitational he seems to kinda be a premier shop at the moment. As for having Gypsy Joe work for him, well......... as a business owner things can get difficult, complex even. What is important is that he has released that liability. Anyway...... I really like you, I wished like hell you would show your face one day at one of these gatherings. Until then...
Name calling? Really? Your probably 10 years older then me and yet act 10 year younger. I dont know you, but all I heard is your shop went under. Hmm I wonder why? Maybe its your bright personality or your maturity level? I also dont remember posting Steven's name in my last post or bring LMR up did I? As for your wish to meet me I was at Texas Invitational and will be at the next one, be sure to come by and call me more names. Im sorry your life wasnt what you wish it was so you get online and live your life threw Stevens customers! While you do that I will continue living the life you always wished you had. You also forgot to answer my question, should all the customers tunned by "Gypsy Joe" come in for a retune so they dont "Pop"?
Old 10-28-2012, 05:42 PM
On The Tree

Old 10-28-2012, 05:45 PM
LS7 Member

KP Performance. Killing Parts. Joe used to LOVE to say "I'll pop it you mop it". I mean this guy gets off on tearing up parts. Its really good he has his own place AGAIN. Crook!! Zero personality having crook. Dude is on the level of th gypsies. As a matter of fact "Gypsy Joe" is the main guy at KP Perfprmance.
Eeek you sound kind of mad about KP. Maybe you should make another thread to let it all out. This is a thread about the mile

Originally Posted by SSHAWK
I don't want to start any **** but how the **** does someone say they built a car when they didn't??

"This is a LME built Engine, car built and tuned by KP Racing"

I can understand saying tuned.. Hell maybe even worked on but built sorry I saw the build thread and it was done by your company LMR..

I saw this on the dyno video they have up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pjb_kBVsC5c
LMR used to do the same stuff with vipers and other cars. It's pretty standard in the "biz" to count builds this way.

Sick mph from some of these cars. I remember when 230 was a stretch for the "racecars", and 180+ was fast for the street cars. Things are getting out of hand...
Old 10-28-2012, 05:53 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Who gives a **** about all this Bullshit Drama you and others (Matt) are putting in this thread bro? Just leave it out of this type thread. Hell Steven is even leaving most of this stuff alone. KP racing etc... No body tried carring all of HPE trash that happend over there, with Steven and Josh when they went out on their own, and those guys worked there etc... So just let Joe's shop work out there own niche in Houston. All I'm saying if you dig deep enough you will find something not perfect with everyone and every shop. Back to the Texas Mile info please. Great run Danny and the Lethal guys!
Old 10-28-2012, 06:01 PM
8 Sec Tuner

Inspector time to update the sig...lol
Old 10-28-2012, 06:03 PM
On The Tree

How did Greg do Mikey?
Old 10-28-2012, 06:12 PM
Staging Lane

Best we got was 181 with a little help from Patrick G and the driver mod. Owner still had fun once he loosened up a bit and ran the car. Best of all we didnt break anything, but again what can go wrong with only 600 rwhp? LOL, we will try again in march. Props to Patrick G
Old 10-28-2012, 06:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by NVR4GET
Name calling? Really? Your probably 10 years older then me and yet act 10 year younger. I dont know you, but all I heard is your shop went under. Hmm I wonder why? Maybe its your bright personality or your maturity level? I also dont remember posting Steven's name in my last post or bring LMR up did I? As for your wish to meet me I was at Texas Invitational and will be at the next one, be sure to come by and call me more names. Im sorry your life wasnt what you wish it was so you get online and live your life threw Stevens customers! While you do that I will continue living the life you always wished you had. You also forgot to answer my question, should all the customers tunned by "Gypsy Joe" come in for a retune so they dont "Pop"?
Yes, without a doubt. If a customer has any problem with a tune they got from Joe I am certain Steven would love to make it right. My shop going under, eeeeh, just not enough money in automotive performance at the time so yes, I conceeded. I have since moved on to oil where there is a lil more money that more than supports the life I love. I will keep it simple from here, you know very little about my life other than I have been an entrepreneur since the age of 19 and made my own way to a nice living. Sure, I dont have a fancy C5 with a motor in it(oh wait, yes I do). As for seeing you to call you names, dont count on it. As far as I am concerned you have thrown your first punch. I wont have **** to say if ya know what i mean. Sorry guys, back to The Mile thread. Good job everyone!!

Last edited by rollin2160; 10-28-2012 at 07:17 PM. Reason: forgot
Old 10-28-2012, 07:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats Danny/Lethal Performance!! You guys are kicking *** with your STREET cars!!!

Old 10-28-2012, 07:24 PM
10 Second Club

Yes, without a doubt. If a customer has any problem with a tune they got from Joe I am certain Steven would love to make it right. My shop going under, eeeeh, just not enough money in automotive performance at the time so yes, I conceeded. I have since moved on to oil where there is a lil more money that more than supports the life I love. I will keep it simple from here, you know very little about my life other than I have been an entrepreneur since the age of 19 and made my own way to a nice living. Sure, I dont have a fancy C5 with a motor in it(oh wait, yes I do). As for seeing you to call you names, dont count on it. As far as I am concerned you have thrown your first punch. I wont have **** to say if ya know what i mean.
No I have no idea what you mean? I dont remember any punchs thrown, I think your alittle confused. I guess I dont know you like I thought (oh wait I never said I did) I am glad you own a C5 I loved mine threw Highschool and College. I still have a place for them in my heart, but they have became to common its kinda like the foxbody Mustang. As I have gotten older I wanted a different more rare platform, but me not making oil money I settled on a Porsche 997Turbo for a project car. Unlike you I dont settle on the idea one shop rules the world. I respect and do business with many local and not local shops. Though I enjoy turning my own wrenches, in past 6 months we bought a shop of our own but knowing there isnt enough money in the automotive world we keep it all to ourselves. Hell running two company is enough trouble for me and then to add a low paying headache no thanks.

Btw: Congrats to everyone out there on the mile runs!
Old 10-28-2012, 07:47 PM
On The Tree

any more updates
Old 10-28-2012, 07:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

You'll figure it out.
Old 10-28-2012, 07:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

And I didnt mean to imply one shop rules the world. The point i meant to stress is that sometimes in life there are certain names you should learn ro keep out of your mouth. As it happens I pride myself on the ability to be a good teacher.

Quick Reply: Texas Mile