Pac vs Marq

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 02:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2 SLOW
PBF is out of Pacman's league and this fight proved it more than ever.

Pacman is and has been overrated for quite some time. He pretty much just lost his 3rd fight to Marquez.
LOL here come's the biased hater.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 99CamVanillaTop
LOL here come's the biased hater.
I like how when Vegas set the line for a potential PBF vs Pacman fight, Vegas heavily favored Pacman...yet I'm a biased hater.
Old 12-17-2012, 03:02 PM
On The Tree

I like how when Vegas set the line for a potential PBF vs Pacman fight, Vegas heavily favored Pacman...yet I'm a biased hater.
yeah cause vegas is making you post anti pac comments for the last few months.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:49 PM
On The Tree

Looool those pics where pretty funny
Old 12-17-2012, 06:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah cause vegas is making you post anti pac comments for the last few months.
I was joking about Pacman being the favorite.

I don't make Anti-Pac, I just make observations that he was not as good as people thought. He was highly overrated and is nowhere near as "skilled" as PBF.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:36 PM
On The Tree

I was joking about Pacman being the favorite.

I don't make Anti-Pac, I just make observations that he was not as good as people thought. He was highly overrated and is nowhere near as "skilled" as PBF.
Skilled or not, what kind of man backs down from a fight that a whole boxing world wanted to see? All big names of the past fought yet this man can't? And I will say Pac has probably lost a bit of over the last year or so because of his personal choices like faith and govt.
Old 12-22-2012, 10:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All the bs Floyd brought up with testing for PED and Marquez knocks manny out!!...

how does that make Floyd look?
Old 12-22-2012, 10:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

PBF is out of Pacman's league and this fight proved it more than ever.

Pacman is and has been overrated for quite some time. He pretty much just lost his 3rd fight to Marquez.
If manny is overrated, and not in PBF league then it should have been an easy fight for Floyd right? So why hasn't Floyd fought him? Manny gave him the bigger split and agreed to testing? Can't say PAC didn't cuz he publicly said so on ESPN?

So Floyd knows he's scared!!
Old 12-22-2012, 10:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TXZ28LS1
If manny is overrated, and not in PBF league then it should have been an easy fight for Floyd right? So why hasn't Floyd fought him? Manny gave him the bigger split and agreed to testing? Can't say PAC didn't cuz he publicly said so on ESPN?

So Floyd knows he's scared!!

Manny isn't the one pulling the strings, he can say whatever he wants but that doesn't make it true.

Bob Arum is the reason the fight didn't happen.

Mayweather does call his own shots and has said he's been waiting on Pacman for awhile now:

It seems like WBC welterweight titlist Floyd Mayweather Jr. is concerned regarding the possibility of a super-fight against Filipino boxing icon Manny Pacquiao. While analysts and fans believe that the super-fight is now nearly over, Mayweather has once again started the talks, at least with the media for now.

According to the WBC champion, he had offered $40 million to Manny Pacquiao, which would have been the biggest payday of his career. According to Mayweather, numbers do not lie and that is the figure he had quoted to Pacquiao.

Unfortunately, following Pacquiao’s knockout loss to Juan Manuel Marquez on December 9, the super-fight seems to be jeopardy now. Mayweather is already scheduled to fight twice in 2013, once in May and once in September. His possible opponents include Robert Guerrero and Saul Alvarez. Chances of a fight against Pacquiao are rare but not impossible.

“I have footage of Manny Pacquiao talking about what I offered him. I offered him $40m and I told him to accept that and we could talk about the rest,” said Mayweather in his recent interview.

“'The proof is in the pudding. He received $6m against Timothy Bradley and $8m in this one [against Juan Manuel Marquez]. What guy wouldn't want to be in a position to take a loss for $40m? He could have made a lot more fighting me,” he added.

Pacquiao, who lost his WBO welterweight title to unbeaten American fighter Timothy Bradley earlier this year and was recently knocked out by Mexican nemesis Juan Manuel Marquez, is now being considered history by many. A super-fight between Pacquiao and Mayweather was being estimated at $200 million but no more.

Bob Arum of Top Rank believes the fight has lost its charm and now Marquez vs. Pacquiao 5 would be bigger than Mayweather vs. Pacquiao.

“I'm very, very comfortable [financially]. I have great business outside of boxing and all I want to do is to continue to help the young fighters who are up-and-coming so the sport of boxing can live on,” Mayweather said.
Old 12-22-2012, 11:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

Manny isn't the one pulling the strings, he can say whatever he wants but that doesn't make it true.

Bob Arum is the reason the fight didn't happen.

Mayweather does call his own shots and has said he's been waiting on Pacman for awhile now:

It seems like WBC welterweight titlist Floyd Mayweather Jr. is concerned regarding the possibility of a super-fight against Filipino boxing icon Manny Pacquiao. While analysts and fans believe that the super-fight is now nearly over, Mayweather has once again started the talks, at least with the media for now.

According to the WBC champion, he had offered $40 million to Manny Pacquiao, which would have been the biggest payday of his career. According to Mayweather, numbers do not lie and that is the figure he had quoted to Pacquiao.

Unfortunately, following Pacquiao’s knockout loss to Juan Manuel Marquez on December 9, the super-fight seems to be jeopardy now. Mayweather is already scheduled to fight twice in 2013, once in May and once in September. His possible opponents include Robert Guerrero and Saul Alvarez. Chances of a fight against Pacquiao are rare but not impossible.

“I have footage of Manny Pacquiao talking about what I offered him. I offered him $40m and I told him to accept that and we could talk about the rest,” said Mayweather in his recent interview.

“'The proof is in the pudding. He received $6m against Timothy Bradley and $8m in this one [against Juan Manuel Marquez]. What guy wouldn't want to be in a position to take a loss for $40m? He could have made a lot more fighting me,” he added.

Pacquiao, who lost his WBO welterweight title to unbeaten American fighter Timothy Bradley earlier this year and was recently knocked out by Mexican nemesis Juan Manuel Marquez, is now being considered history by many. A super-fight between Pacquiao and Mayweather was being estimated at $200 million but no more.

Bob Arum of Top Rank believes the fight has lost its charm and now Marquez vs. Pacquiao 5 would be bigger than Mayweather vs. Pacquiao.

“I'm very, very comfortable [financially]. I have great business outside of boxing and all I want to do is to continue to help the young fighters who are up-and-coming so the sport of boxing can live on,” Mayweather said.
Whether its arum or not, manny has said agreed to everything Floyd asked!!

So ask yourself, Floyd is the bigger than manny,, more skilled, and manny has given him the split and random test, so why hasn't Floyd fought him? Didn't Floyd say if manny agrees to his tests then hell fight him?

So why hasn't Floyd fought him?

We could sit here and what if all day.. Fight will never happen.
Old 12-22-2012, 11:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TXZ28LS1
Whether its arum or not, manny has said agreed to everything Floyd asked!!

So ask yourself, Floyd is the bigger than manny,, more skilled, and manny has given him the split and random test, so why hasn't Floyd fought him? Didn't Floyd say if manny agrees to his tests then hell fight him?

So why hasn't Floyd fought him?

We could sit here and what if all day.. Fight will never happen.

Seriously? He hasn't fought him because Manny's team won't set up the fight.

Who cares what Manny says, he isn't in charge. Floyd is actually in charge of his fights. This is Manny's quote:

"I'm waiting for that fight to happen," said Pacquiao, boxing's only eight-division world champion. "I don't know what's the reason why that fight has not happened. ... It's OK for me if he gets a higher percentage than me."

It hadn't happened, because his team won't let it happen.
Old 12-22-2012, 03:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Who cares what Manny says, he isn't in charge. Floyd is actually in charge of his fights. This is Manny's quote:

"I'm waiting for that fight to happen," said Pacquiao, boxing's only eight-division world champion. "I don't know what's the reason why that fight has not happened. ... It's OK for me if he gets a higher percentage than me."

Cool story bro!!
Old 12-23-2012, 11:40 AM
On The Tree

Yeah I agree bob arum is the reason the fight hasn't happened....he wants to get as much mney he can with manny before he retires but seems like marquez might of end it early for pac lol
Old 12-23-2012, 07:07 PM
On The Tree

I doubt that arum is the problem, if it was it would have been "resolved" by now.
Old 12-24-2012, 08:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

I doubt that arum is the problem, if it was it would have been "resolved" by now.
arum is the problem fighters dont make those decisions nomatter what you hear its the promoters if the money cant be made to their liking then its a no go!

Quick Reply: Pac vs Marq