Another dead beat non paying person James Brown AKA djjab57

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 11:24 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rooster99ss
That's really all he needs to do, is just man up about it. There's a bunch of us that were friends with James for a really long time. Sucks he's going to throw all of his friendships down the drain on a shitty deal like that. I personally never thought he would do something like that, especially to someone that has also been one of our friends for a very long time and was even bending over backwards to help him out on top of that. I wouldn't have expected something like this to happen

James, you know you owe Chad the money, just talk to him man
Agree totally with all of the above.
Old 04-20-2013, 03:05 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ajrothm
That sucks Chad, it really does.... BUT.... Eventhough you're out some good money and a lot of time in labor, sometimes you get repaid ten fold in good karma points...

I would continue to try to collect your money but....Take solice in knowing you willingly helped out someone who is deathly ill... You may take a beating on this one monetarily but, you did the right thing trying to help him and good karma will come your way.

As for the owner, it sucks that he is treating you this way and being shady but.....in all honesty, if I was deathly ill and desperate, and getting sicker by the day, I don't think paying off my debts would be at the top of my to do list.... as bad as that is to say.

I lost my best friend last year to CF, the last year he was alive, he was in and out of the hospital every couple weeks, and towards the end, he didnt give much of a **** about anything, just surviving day to day. Ultimately he didnt make it.... Its hard to say how you will react in that situation.

Wishing you some good karma bro! Next time I see you at the track, beer is on me...
It looks like sometimes I make really good judgements about people. I've 'known' this guy since around 2008, however I don't really know his name, but I know him when I see him. I've always thought he was a stand up man and a man of great character. We've talked a lot at Royal Purple and Kemah car shows and I can't help but like the guy. This post shows I was correct.

Bad Chad, he's right, you will be fine without this guy paying. It sucks right now, but you will benefit in the future, some way, some how.

Now.........back to the Mustang forums.................

Last edited by old_goat; 04-20-2013 at 03:11 PM.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:03 PM
BTC
TECH Fanatic

Location: Lansing, MI via Bowling Green, KY, Dalton GA, Nashville, TN & Atlanta, GA
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

The guy is deathly ill? That might change my take on things a little bit.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:42 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BTC
The guy is deathly ill? That might change my take on things a little bit.
Maybe on whether or not I'll keep making my truck payments and **** like that, but not on whether I would do a friend that way. Screw that, some people have a higher moral standard that they live by.

I don't know if it was already stated in here, but James spent some time convincing Chad to work on his car in the first place because Chad doesn't really work on LT1's that much. Then after Chad bought all of the parts and fixed his car without James coming out of pocket AT ALL, James showed up to pick up the car with no money and convinced Chad to let him have it. That means that James didn't have the money in the first damn place and set out to screw Chad from the beginning. Sorry, but you just don't do people you know that way, I don't care how sick you are. You should at least talk to the man about it and let him know your situation and work it out from there.

And I don't care, it's been a long time now. James could have at least squeezed together $50 or something to give him by now, instead of just ignoring him completely
Old 04-21-2013, 10:32 AM
BTC
TECH Fanatic

Location: Lansing, MI via Bowling Green, KY, Dalton GA, Nashville, TN & Atlanta, GA

Originally Posted by rooster99ss
Maybe on whether or not I'll keep making my truck payments and **** like that, but not on whether I would do a friend that way. Screw that, some people have a higher moral standard that they live by.

I don't know if it was already stated in here, but James spent some time convincing Chad to work on his car in the first place because Chad doesn't really work on LT1's that much. Then after Chad bought all of the parts and fixed his car without James coming out of pocket AT ALL, James showed up to pick up the car with no money and convinced Chad to let him have it. That means that James didn't have the money in the first damn place and set out to screw Chad from the beginning. Sorry, but you just don't do people you know that way, I don't care how sick you are. You should at least talk to the man about it and let him know your situation and work it out from there.

And I don't care, it's been a long time now. James could have at least squeezed together $50 or something to give him by now, instead of just ignoring him completely
I don't completely disagree, but if the guy is dying I definitely think it would affect my approach to dealing with the situation. I don't know any of the history. I just know someone did some work and didn't get paid. but I would consider terminal illness, if that's indeed the case, an extenuating circumstance.
Old 04-21-2013, 04:46 PM
11 Second Club

Here's what Henry Hill of Goodfellas would say............

Old 04-21-2013, 05:47 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by old_goat
Here's what Henry Hill of Goodfellas would say............

**** You-Pay Me! - YouTube
Old 04-21-2013, 08:15 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by BTC
I don't completely disagree, but if the guy is dying I definitely think it would affect my approach to dealing with the situation. I don't know any of the history. I just know someone did some work and didn't get paid. but I would consider terminal illness, if that's indeed the case, an extenuating circumstance.
Call me an ******* but I don't give a flying **** what you are going through, you DO NOT sit there and **** over a friend that way. There are many things he could have done in all this time to start on the path of making it right and obviously he doesn't give two *****. Hell I lost a parent at 17 years old and didn't use that as an excuse even though it hurt like nothing I could imagine, instead I just worked harder to make something of myself. I have been fortunate enough to know Chad, call him a friend, and he has done a LOT of work for me that I was unable to pay him for fully, he knew it from the get go, and still did it anyways, because that's the kind of friend he is...
Old 04-21-2013, 09:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for the good words, I try my best to do whats right. I was always told to treat others they way you want to be treated.

I'm not hurting for the money, I have a day job that pays the bills. I do the side work to pay for the race cars and toys for my boys. Like Randy stated all he has to do is pay me something towards what he owes.

Originally Posted by BTC
So your saying it is OK to **** people if you get really sick?

I'm sorry, If is knew I was dying I would want to be at peace with everyone. Not going to the Grave knowing I was a POS that fucked people and friends over.
Old 04-22-2013, 03:37 AM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

My problem is he can get on here and post in the LT1 section but not say anything to you through PM, text message, phone call? That's all. Just let you know he is screwed 10 ways from sundown. Give you 20 buck a week? Month? Something to preserve the relationship dying or not. That's just my take on it.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:26 AM
BTC
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bad Chad
So your saying it is OK to **** people if you get really sick?
Yes, that's exactly what I said.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:25 AM
Launching!

I'm sorry, If is knew I was dying I would want to be at peace with everyone. Not going to the Grave knowing I was a POS that fucked people and friends over.
My thoughts exactly
Old 04-22-2013, 12:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BTC
Yes, that's exactly what I said.
Good to know you will be another POS I will not do business with in the future.

Must be a LT1 thing...
Old 04-23-2013, 08:53 AM
BTC
TECH Fanatic

Good to know you will be another POS I will not do business with in the future.

Must be a LT1 thing...
You have a gift for interpretation.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:59 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BTC
You have a gift for interpretation.
Well, maybe if you need some work done, he should make you go to the doctor first and check to make sure if you're dying or not.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Can't believe the turd is still posting on the board and not posting in this thread.

People are scum.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:53 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Chad, you have a big hart, i own a auto shop for about 10 years and make this mistake every year ( about $5,000 ) in non paid det. You like to have faith in man kind but some people just mes it up. I tell my self not to let people have there cars with out paying, but i still do. Just let it go and move on. by the way, watch out for people that say GOD BLESS YOU... you are going to get fxxked over, good luck
Old 04-26-2013, 08:54 PM
On The Tree

Damn, some guys in here.

Never met Chad, but was willing to have him pull my motor out of my C5 because a guy he knew wanted it and contacted me. So I did some talking with a few guys I know, and searched Bad Chad's history here. I can't say I found one person or anything negative that turned me off to not letting him touch my car. And he's not a sponsor, so that says a lot in my book. I ended up not selling the motor, so Chad never worked on my car. I'd have no problem letting him touch my car. There are plenty of DBag Houston LS owners, doesn't appear he is one. So I hope Chad gets his money, regardless if he needs it or not.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 206 Likes on 125 Posts

who knows the guy may have a huge insurance policy and leave it to you.

No good deed goes unnoticed !!!!

Quick Reply: Another dead beat non paying person James Brown AKA djjab57