Track Rental RPR Feb 15th Baytown

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 10:33 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine will be straped on the rollers today, so I may try to make it out there.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:07 PM
9 Second Club

Just show up and pay Andrew. I would prefer to see all cars running on tires and not street tires. Last rental I was there was only one lane. No side by side.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JMBLOWNWS6
Just show up and pay Andrew. I would prefer to see all cars running on tires and not street tires. Last rental I was there was only one lane. No side by side.

Yes, NO STREET TIRES on private rentals..

Come out on real tires: slicks, bias plies, REAL drag radials...(MT, Hoosier, M&H etc etc)..

We don't want the line all tore up...

Yes usually private rentals are only running in one lane...

Even if two groups of rentals are there, (say 50 cars), there will still be more runs then you could possibly make..

My last rental, I made 7 passes in 7 hrs, letting it cool 45 mins between passes... I could have easily made 7 passes in 30 mins..
Old 02-12-2013, 06:13 PM
On The Tree

No street tires at all. We have some X275 cars coming out to get ready for the big Georgia race.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:21 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ajrothm
Yes, NO STREET TIRES on private rentals..

Come out on real tires: slicks, bias plies, REAL drag radials...(MT, Hoosier, M&H etc etc)..

We don't want the line all tore up...

Yes usually private rentals are only running in one lane...

Even if two groups of rentals are there, (say 50 cars), there will still be more runs then you could possibly make..

My last rental, I made 7 passes in 7 hrs, letting it cool 45 mins between passes... I could have easily made 7 passes in 30 mins..
............and I thought we were buddies. http://www.g8board.com/forums/showth...377&highlight= All kidding aside, I do understand where you guys are coming from. No doubt I would've been the slowest car there, but that's OK.

Originally Posted by ProStreet_632
No street tires at all. We have some X275 cars coming out to get ready for the big Georgia race.
This is why I posted and mentioned I was on street tires. I'm glad I found out in advance. I just bought the car and drag radials are in the future, not the near future. I really want to compare none tuned vs. tuned even if it's a FRPP 'semi-tune'. After getting the tune going good, then some (probably) 15" Mickey Thompsons will be on the car.

I'm also glad I found out about the street tires when I did..........nothing like people pointing at my car and wanting to know "what the F*** that Mustang is out here running in street tires and f***ing up our track." "Yea, I didn't spend $300 f*****g dollars to run behind some a**hole running f*****g street tires!"

I really hope everybody has a great time and get's some good time slips. About the OEM tires on my car, I know it's nothing personal.

Last edited by old_goat; 02-12-2013 at 06:42 PM.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by old_goat
............and I thought we were buddies. http://www.g8board.com/forums/showth...377&highlight= All kidding aside, I do understand where you guys are coming from. No doubt I would've been the slowest car there, but that's OK.

This is why I posted and mentioned I was on street tires. I'm glad I found out in advance. I just bought the car and drag radials are in the future, not the near future. I really want to compare none tuned vs. tuned even if it's a FRPP 'semi-tune'. After getting the tune going good, then some (probably) 15" Mickey Thompsons will be on the car.

I really hope everybody has a great time and get's some good time slips. About the OEM tires on my car, I know it's nothing personal.
Hey Jim, what's up man? Yes we are buddies.. Go pick you up some MTs for Friday! You know what street tires do to the launch pad... Tears the crap out of it.

Btw I thought your 5.0 mustang was a stick car? Did you buy a different one?

You may as well come hang out anyway and spectate.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:52 PM
9 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Jim, what's up man? Yes we are buddies.. Go pick you up some MTs for Friday! You know what street tires do to the launch pad... Tears the crap out of it.

Yeah Jim got a new auto Mustang. When the change oil soon light comes on, Jim trades 'em in for a new one! Come to think of it... he probably never saw that light on the last one.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:55 PM
11 Second Club

Hell yea, we're buddies.

My wife is a 40 year diabetic with a complication called diabetic neuropathy. Basically she has leg and feet problems. She can drive an auto OK, but she was intimidated by the manual. So we traded a 2013 deep impact blue manual for a 2013 deep impact blue auto. Pam drove the car home from the dealership and was grinning from ear to ear. The (implied) pressure on her to drive the manual was over, and she was a happy camper.

The bone stock 12.82 was relatively easy on the auto, but my bone stock 12.8 run in the manual............I had to earn that one.

One thing I learned in about 30 manual passes at both RPR and Evadale is respect for those who can make some great passes in a manual transmission car.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:19 PM
On The Tree

I do have a modified 5.0 on Mickeys in my garage now... The owner borrowed my vette last week. Might run it.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:42 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ptero
Yeah Jim got a new auto Mustang. When the change oil soon light comes on, Jim trades 'em in for a new one! Come to think of it... he probably never saw that light on the last one.
Nope, it rained a few times and the washer fluid ran out.......time for trade.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:47 AM
9 Second Club

It's looking very good for my chances of being there. Do the gates open @ ten, or the lane?
Old 02-14-2013, 11:57 AM
9 Second Club

ZR1's are ready. Here is one of them on the dyno
Old 02-14-2013, 12:24 PM
On The Tree

Sweet Joe, you guys are going to make my junk look slow with all the spray you have. Make sure you show up in the morning tomorrow and not the afternoon this time.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:40 PM
9 Second Club

Sweet Joe, you guys are going to make my junk look slow with all the spray you have. Make sure you show up in the morning tomorrow and not the afternoon this time.
3 hrs 9 mins from my house. Im out at 6:00am bud! Will be ready. Going to stay up a little tonight and wipe down car,refuel and party time!
Old 02-14-2013, 02:31 PM
On The Tree

My junk is in the trailer, I will wipe it down at the track since it has a nack of getting dusty even in an enclosed trailer..lol
Old 02-14-2013, 04:20 PM
9 Second Club

My junk is in the trailer, I will wipe it down at the track since it has a nack of getting dusty even in an enclosed trailer..lol
LOL You should have Steven clean it for you lol
Old 02-14-2013, 05:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If I want to run can I just show up? If I get the drag pack in and the tune I might want to run the z06 and knock out some 10s before I do the heads and cam
Old 02-14-2013, 09:12 PM
Teching In

Anybody else going just to spectate?
Old 02-14-2013, 09:34 PM
9 Second Club

I will be there. Just need to load the car up in the morning & roll out
Old 02-14-2013, 10:04 PM
Staging Lane

I'll be there to spectator as well. Have a few guys from SETX coming to watch.

Quick Reply: Track Rental RPR Feb 15th Baytown