Damn they have MMA for 5 year olds!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 12:23 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Damn they have MMA for 5 year olds!!

I don't know how I feel about this.. My son does tournaments in Karate and loves it!! But I don’t have to worry about someone doing a arm bar and breaking his arm. I think it’s a little to early to do that… but hey everyone has there opinions.

http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_c3#...-youth-mma.hln
Old 02-05-2013, 12:37 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was kinda on the fence about this when i saw it at first. Now that i have thought about it a little I think its badass.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:36 PM
On The Tree

I think its cool and all but they learn some lethal stuff and could potentially kill someone their own age. If kids start MMA at that age pretty likely they would go pro and be beast lol.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:44 PM
On The Tree

last thing we need is more douchebag 5 year olds wearing tapout
Old 02-05-2013, 02:39 PM
8 Second Club

America needs a good plague to come burn out the brush...
Old 02-05-2013, 02:49 PM
8 Second Club

Old 02-05-2013, 03:00 PM
TECH Junkie

dying sport that needs attention, problem solved.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

reminds me of the opening seen to 300
Old 02-05-2013, 10:43 PM
TECH Regular

My boy is 5 and had planned on putting him in it this past year but will wait until next school year. The place near me said that only the kids who are comfortable with contact will spar. Personally I think it is important for a boy to be able to fight and/or defend himself. Having two daughters as well I'm his skills will come in handy one day, lol.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:24 PM
8 Second Club

Let me arm bar the guy with the gun... All I see is this leading to more and more douche bags out there. There are some VERY skilled fighters out there but holy **** it's a ******* 5 year old. I don't care if they if they are comfortable... Kids feel comfortable enough to handle a ******* fire arm and kill each other on accident... Imagine that same thing with a friend except its funny his friend is trying to tap out while playing at home and chokes to death. Slow death or fast death... ******* stupid regardless...

I'm not a parent, but if I do have children gun safety will be first thing taught; then make sure they don't think they are ******* kung fu ninja. Rather have the kid learn something useful especially the way the world is going.

angry white person rant.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:52 PM

Wow, this is ridiculous but funny at the same time. MMA is such a lame sport to me, grown men beating the crap out of each other, kicking, hugging/grappling, and whatever else. And now we are subjecting the youth to this?

Thought we were past the time of gladiators...

Last edited by The Black Stang; 02-06-2013 at 12:06 AM.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:14 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LS2 KLR
My boy is 5 and had planned on putting him in it this past year but will wait until next school year. The place near me said that only the kids who are comfortable with contact will spar. Personally I think it is important for a boy to be able to fight and/or defend himself. Having two daughters as well I'm his skills will come in handy one day, lol.
Like I said there is no way I could let my son do this... and he's used to fighting in Karate and Jiu Jitsu... I would put your son in something like that before doing MMA.
Karate tournaments are done on a point system get the point and separate and start over…. Not knock the kid out and or choke them out..

Originally Posted by Mr Powell
Let me arm bar the guy with the gun... All I see is this leading to more and more douche bags out there. There are some VERY skilled fighters out there but holy **** it's a ******* 5 year old. I don't care if they if they are comfortable... Kids feel comfortable enough to handle a ******* fire arm and kill each other on accident... Imagine that same thing with a friend except its funny his friend is trying to tap out while playing at home and chokes to death. Slow death or fast death... ******* stupid regardless...

I'm not a parent, but if I do have children gun safety will be first thing taught; then make sure they don't think they are ******* kung fu ninja. Rather have the kid learn something useful especially the way the world is going.

angry white person rant.
I’m with you on this…. My son is taught on self defense with Karate and Jiu Jitsu and not taught to beat this **** out of another kids. His goal is to get out of the situation as fast as possible and if he needs to fight he can.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:40 AM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

angry white person rant.
THIS!!!!! Also if your youngster gets in a fight at school, even if its in self defence and the school or other parent learns of a MMA history, yo *** will be history. So will your childs. I wouldn't put them at risk of missing out on some or all of their education. Its our job as adults to keep them safe from any real danger. MMA is about offence not deffence.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:04 PM
On The Tree

i know a kid that does that mma crap. all he does is get in fights at bars and sends people to the hospital. where's the honor in that? there's a huge difference between learning how to fight to stand up for yourself and mma, which is not a real martial art but rather a blood sport. admittedly, it's fun to watch when the fight is between two consenting adults. but children blindly wailing on eachother like the kid in the video? that's just sick
Old 02-06-2013, 12:18 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Jake_the_Snake
i know a kid that does that mma crap. all he does is get in fights at bars and sends people to the hospital. where's the honor in that? there's a huge difference between learning how to fight to stand up for yourself and mma, which is not a real martial art but rather a blood sport. admittedly, it's fun to watch when the fight is between two consenting adults. but children blindly wailing on eachother like the kid in the video? that's just sick
That kid is going to get himself killed one day and I won't feel sorry one bit... Sorry... Some people are wastes of skin...
Old 02-06-2013, 12:57 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

That kid is going to get himself killed one day and I won't feel sorry one bit... Sorry... Some people are wastes of skin...
I did not watch the video, and I won't. That said if it is a child in the video you should hope he turns out better than his parents are bringing him up. To wright him off as a waste of skin is wrong, as they are usually a product of there parents. Maybe he will grow up and give his dad a lesson about being a real man. Probably not, but there is always hope.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:18 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by codyvette
I did not watch the video, and I won't. That said if it is a child in the video you should hope he turns out better than his parents are bringing him up. To wright him off as a waste of skin is wrong, as they are usually a product of there parents. Maybe he will grow up and give his dad a lesson about being a real man. Probably not, but there is always hope.
Cody the bold part of his post is who I was talking about. At a young age there is so much to be taught that hopefully all children learn.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It's another skill-set they can add to their pursuits.
Kid knocks over your tray in the cafeteria, bam, throat punch, snap kick to the groin, knee to the face, sharp, savage elbow to the back of the neck (possibly shattering vertebrae), boom. Kids learn a valuable lesson, violence solves everything and don't f@#$ with another mans fish sticks.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:54 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by kainedogg
It's another skill-set they can add to their pursuits.
Kid knocks over your tray in the cafeteria, bam, throat punch, snap kick to the groin, knee to the face, sharp, savage elbow to the back of the neck (possibly shattering vertebrae), boom. Kids learn a valuable lesson, violence solves everything and don't f@#$ with another mans fish sticks.

When it comes to my fish sticks... Anything goes! LOL!
Old 02-06-2013, 03:03 PM
On The Tree

.....powell's a gay fish

Quick Reply: Damn they have MMA for 5 year olds!!