++TX2K13 crazy stories/ racing vids/ conversation thread++

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 07:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by C5kid
Thats me in the ZR1. Fartpipe and I drove down from PA to play with you guys. Had a great time!!! There are a couple more runs that were taped. So hopefully they pop up.

Crazy story.... We left Sunday and around 4am on Monday we hit a big snow/sleet storm in the middle of Virginia. Car did a nice 50mph slide and we had to call it and wait the storm out. Left later and made it home, but what a butt pucker that was.
Thanks for coming down, You had a long *** drive.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:45 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Bad Chad
Thanks for coming down, You had a long *** drive.
It was worth it. The group of guys I was going out with, no one running their mouth, everyone behaved on the highway until we got to the spot, couldn't of gone any better. Really couldn't of asked for a better group of ppl to hang out with and meet.

Not sure if I'll make it down next year, it was a LONG *** ride.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:48 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by INVISIBLEZ
Ha ha, just phuckin with you, but seriously lmk when I get to set that spotted cow next to that panther.
i will be answering that callout on Htown... if he wants some tacos on it im going to need some land
Old 03-20-2013, 08:27 AM
TECH Regular

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

It was worth it. The group of guys I was going out with, no one running their mouth, everyone behaved on the highway until we got to the spot, couldn't of gone any better. Really couldn't of asked for a better group of ppl to hang out with and meet.

Not sure if I'll make it down next year, it was a LONG *** ride.
Man I saw your car in on Friday but didnt see you or your buddy, I definatley wish I would have drove down or at least talked my buddy into driving his cobra down from Ft. Worth, we had a great time but it would have been ALOT more fun if we had a car there to play with instead of just walking around looking at everyone elses.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:33 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 01boydws6
Man I saw your car in on Friday but didnt see you or your buddy, I definatley wish I would have drove down or at least talked my buddy into driving his cobra down from Ft. Worth, we had a great time but it would have been ALOT more fun if we had a car there to play with instead of just walking around looking at everyone elses.
****, we stayed at the Omni Friday night cause we figured that night meet would be a mess. We were just walking around talking to ppl. I'm not really one of those guys to plop a chair in front of my car.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:34 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
Those lambo guys get butthurt quickly I see. I guess when you spend upwards of 6 figures modifying a 6 figure car, you get butthurt when people call you out.

My question is, with that much money invested, and driving as far as some did, why wouldn't you just buy a 55-gallon drum of race fuel and run them on kill all weekend? Why would you travel that far, and invest that much to leave that much horespower on the table.
I was thinking the same thing last night when I watched this video, at the end of it when the guy talks about setting the record straight about there not being any "lambo hunting" just makes me want to see someone put together a budget car and put a beating on them, I know there is a local guy around here with a 5.3, turbo, 280z that moves the f out, would be interesting to see it put up against a few of those cars...
Old 03-20-2013, 09:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The EVO kid requested that he run one of them on their pump gas setting. He wanted to run them at their lowest setting. As far as I know all the Lambo's were on race gas but for that run with the evo they set the boost to lower settings.

Those lambo guys get butthurt quickly I see. I guess when you spend upwards of 6 figures modifying a 6 figure car, you get butthurt when people call you out.

My question is, with that much money invested, and driving as far as some did, why wouldn't you just buy a 55-gallon drum of race fuel and run them on kill all weekend? Why would you travel that far, and invest that much to leave that much horespower on the table.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:13 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man I run into this all the time. I don't run ppl I know I have covered by a large amount either. If they break something its cheap for them to fix usually, if I break something who knows how sever it could be, but chances are its going to hurt! And thats where the Lambo guys were at. SO they set it up with one of the lower HP Lambo's and guess what it broke! That guys is paying a hefty repair bill for sure! And while most of the Lambo owners have money. That doesn't make them immune to finacial loss its realative to the car your working on and that one is ******* pricey to work on! That EVO hmmm not so much.

Originally Posted by HolyShiznit
The EVO kid requested that he run one of them on their pump gas setting. He wanted to run them at their lowest setting. As far as I know all the Lambo's were on race gas but for that run with the evo they set the boost to lower settings.
Your wrong Peters black one was on there pump gas tune. The black one that drug the kid silly was only making @1100 on pump gas that night.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

With all due respect I just said exactly what you said, they were on their PUMP GAS TUNE. They turned down the boost as low as they could and still raped that EVO.

BTW: Your Vette did work out there!

Originally Posted by Inspector12
Your wrong Peters black one was on there pump gas tune. The black one that drug the kid silly was only making @1100 on pump gas that night.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-te...ts-4370150.php
Old 03-20-2013, 12:35 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Inspector12
Man I run into this all the time. I don't run ppl I know I have covered by a large amount either. If they break something its cheap for them to fix usually, if I break something who knows how sever it could be, but chances are its going to hurt! And thats where the Lambo guys were at. SO they set it up with one of the lower HP Lambo's and guess what it broke! That guys is paying a hefty repair bill for sure! And while most of the Lambo owners have money. That doesn't make them immune to finacial loss its realative to the car your working on and that one is ******* pricey to work on! That EVO hmmm not so much.
I understand what you're saying. Hell, it's the reason I don't race anymore, I got tired of breaking stuff. I just thought it was funny that the evo guy wanted them to detune to race him. I get it that he knows he can't hang with them set on kill, but then why bother racing at a lower setting. What happens when you win? You beat them on a slow setting? I guess a win's a win, but just thought the arguing was funny. I guess he can then say his car is as fast as a UGR lambo on a pump gas tune.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:24 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was there with the EVO UGR race. **** was funny at first but got out of hand quick. UGR guys got way too butthurt way too quick. All Chase wanted was a race, but UGR just wanted to talk **** about how his 4cyl couldnt hang. IMO that Evo is really impressive for what it is
Old 03-20-2013, 01:25 PM
TECH Regular

****, we stayed at the Omni Friday night cause we figured that night meet would be a mess. We were just walking around talking to ppl. I'm not really one of those guys to plop a chair in front of my car.
We went to the night meet and by the time we got back I was dead tired, looking back now I would rather have stayed and just hung out looking at cars. The burn out contest and stunt bikes were weak..
Old 03-20-2013, 01:49 PM
Staging Lane

Anyone else think the date and location should be changed also to only to be disclosed by word of mouth and private sections of media boards? The law was so bad and people where so dumb that you see videos of idiots racing on I10 with cop lights present on the other side of the interstate and in the rear view of people pulled over.
Just a thought.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:01 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by three83'camaro
Anyone else think the date and location should be changed also to only to be disclosed by word of mouth and private sections of media boards? The law was so bad and people where so dumb that you see videos of idiots racing on I10 with cop lights present on the other side of the interstate and in the rear view of people pulled over.
Just a thought.
No. There are already private events to keep the kids and rift raft out during the week. Also, I believe that we live in the 2nd largest major city in America by area. Houston is huge with so many roads. A 30 minute drive to the east side of town, or actually in most directions opens up tons of roads. I10 and the Beltway are not the only roads in Houston. There are so many ways around the cops on the west side of town.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:26 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Drive 20 mins away from the Omni and I10 and cops were not really a problem...
Old 03-20-2013, 02:42 PM
Staging Lane

For the most part I agree, 30min away from the westside and cops are not near as bad but it was still worse than a normal Houston weekend. We did what your talking about and moved on eastward "I live in the south east" and 225 had cops pulling super trooper moves, 90 had a bunch of cops it was unbelievable.
Knowing when the racing is going down is almost half the battle. You think the surronding areas where not aware of the action going on last week/weekend and not told to stay alert?

Idk maybe we just had bad luck who knows.
Old 03-20-2013, 03:13 PM
9 Second Club

10 Minutes away from the Omni and no cops. This was Saturday night.

Old 03-20-2013, 03:25 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by three83'camaro
Just a thought.
No way, the event itself would suffer. The sheer amount of cars and enthusiasts is part of what makes the actual meet fun

Originally Posted by 01boydws6
We went to the night meet and by the time we got back I was dead tired, looking back now I would rather have stayed and just hung out looking at cars. The burn out contest and stunt bikes were weak..
Haha I felt really bad that hardly anyone cheered for the bikers. I was impressed with them riding a half mile on one tire though
Old 03-20-2013, 03:37 PM
Teching In

My 2 cents....I also had an experience with the orange TT Lambo owner. After his run with the TT LMR Vette they stopped at a local gas station. As everyone getting ready to leave I asked him if that was his car. He told me it was. I told him I have a Twin Turbo Z06 and wanted to run him. He asked me how much power it makes. I said it was set at 1050 "right now" as I pointed out which car it was. He looked me up and down then got in his car without saying a thing. He drove off. I got in my car and caught up to him on the tollway. We had the perfect stretch of road and no one in front of us. I tried to get him to run me multiple times, but he wouldn't. I have met these guys at TI in October and I don't expect anyone to remember me, but it was not necessary for any person to act that way. He simply could have said he wasn't interested because he didn't want to waste his fuel on a less powered car or anything just to acknowledge me. I didn't plan on running him at that hp level anyway.

Quick Reply: ++TX2K13 crazy stories/ racing vids/ conversation thread++