Hunting Leases in Texas

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 11:26 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hunting Leases in Texas

Well this is the first year I have not been on a hunting lease since I was 8 years old. Its hard to find one these days. Me and my dad recently got off our long term lease as to many people were allowed without permission and they were killing off our deer we raised. So we jumped off.

That being said anyone on here know of anything open for the 2013 year?

Not sure how many hunters are on this site but figured I would give it a shot. If anything we will just do some trophy hunts if we cant find anything.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:58 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know this isn't the answer you are looking for. My buddy and his dad has the same problems with the lease they were on a couple of years ago. They had trouble finding a new one so they decided to take a year off and spend the $$ going on a couple of guided hunts in other places. They liked it so much they have continued to do that and aren't worried about finding a new lease. They enjoy the different terrain hunting at various locations as well as not having to spend so much time during the year running to the lease to check on things, set things up, etc.

It might be worth a shot. If nothing else it takes the pressure off of trying to find a new lease soon.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:14 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LeadfootDuramax
I know this isn't the answer you are looking for. My buddy and his dad has the same problems with the lease they were on a couple of years ago. They had trouble finding a new one so they decided to take a year off and spend the $$ going on a couple of guided hunts in other places. They liked it so much they have continued to do that and aren't worried about finding a new lease. They enjoy the different terrain hunting at various locations as well as not having to spend so much time during the year running to the lease to check on things, set things up, etc.

It might be worth a shot. If nothing else it takes the pressure off of trying to find a new lease soon.
Yea we have been looking into those quite a bit. And with our work we hardly get time to go to a lease. I would like something close like Austin area but they are so rare now with so many hunters out there now.

Guided may be our best bet for the next couple of years.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:16 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

LMK if you're interested in a guided trophy hunt. I have a friend that has a 7K acre ranch near Freer. Lots of 180 - 190" deer and I guarantee you'll have a good time. It's not cheap though.

Quick Reply: Hunting Leases in Texas