New Moser axles now my ABS INOP, Brake, and ASR OFF are on

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 08:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Moser axles now my ABS INOP, Brake, and ASR OFF are on

OK I had new Moser axles, Motive 3.90 gears. and the Detroit posi installed in my 98 Camaro ss, My Abs inop, Brake, and ASR lights are lite up on my dash but brakes work great. Now its time for my inspection, and dont know how to fix them or if I can get some kind of relay to plug in on rearend. I need some advise please. Thanks for the help in advance!
Old 05-27-2013, 10:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sounds like you forgot to install the reluctor rings on the axles. Time to pull it back apart and see. If they came with reluctor rings then you need to see if they are too small and maybe the speed sensors aren't picking them up. Pull it apart and see what you got.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:18 PM
Teching In

Texas Drivetrain and Performance did all the work, I believe the axles do not have the rings. Is there a relay or something I can by to plug in to the ports. Also if I may im looking for a friendly inspector to get the car inspected in Johnson county Tx. If you know someone please I.M. me. I will have the lights on dash fixed by inspection day. Thanks for the help
Old 05-30-2013, 12:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

If its just abs lights and tics and all that then you're fine. They don't check for that. They do acceleration to 30mph then stop, check lights, and insurance. If you get a stickler that looks at everything it will still pass. If you have a 3 channel rear and the carrier did not come with a reluctor ring then that's your problem, or if it does have one then I would check the abs sensor on the top of the housing. Again if the reluctor ring is there and the sensor is in working condition then it could just be that the magnet isn't picking anything up when the rear end turns.
Old 05-31-2013, 03:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I cant believe Jason would forget something like that. but it does sound like the reluctor ring or the sensors craped out. maybe one or both came unplugged. I had Standard Transmission in Ft.worth do mine.
Old 05-31-2013, 03:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

None of those lights mean anything to an inspector. They'll plug it in and if there's no CEL you're good
Old 05-31-2013, 07:29 PM
On The Tree

If the car drives fine and has no braking issues pull the cluster and put black pant over where the lights would illuminate from the rear.

My speed sensor went ape **** when I put in my bigs and littles just painted over it and now it doesn't bother me lol

Quick Reply: New Moser axles now my ABS INOP, Brake, and ASR OFF are on