Blew my ls1

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2013 | 12:30 PM
Staging Lane

Default Blew my ls1

Not exactly sure of damage, but there was cast and aluminum on the driveway under my car. Already got myself into a new car (6 year long note FML) and now I'm stuck with what I want to do with the car. Sell it as is, part it, fix it, fix it and sell it. There's pros/cons to each decision... I'm really leaning to getting rid of it as I don't have the time or money for a project but don't want to just give it away as a roller. Thinking of just buying a 5.3 or 6.0 to get her moving and sell it. Any info or advice on what you would would be appreciated!

Thanks, Duke
Old 09-10-2013 | 12:53 PM
Teching In

i put a 5.3 in mine....dont regret it....runs great, even on the factory ls1 tune...been runnin it this way for almost 2 years and no problems.
Old 09-10-2013 | 12:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well depends on what your current car is now ? 5.3 or 6.0 wouldn't hurt....
Old 09-10-2013 | 01:15 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by jiveass
i put a 5.3 in mine....dont regret it....runs great, even on the factory ls1 tune...been runnin it this way for almost 2 years and no problems.
Bang for buck, I'm highly considering this. Thanks for the input!

Originally Posted by sway99bird
Well depends on what your current car is now ? 5.3 or 6.0 wouldn't hurt....
Current as what I just bought? 2010 fully loaded Malibu. Love it as far as comfort. Got hit with nasty APR, but aside from a 2500 student loan, I had no credit! I'll just refinance in a year...

Sucks because I just had the trans built in February. Brand new clutch a few weeks ago, full exhaust 2 weeks before the clutch. LCA, panhard, and torque arm in may. 18" AR Rebels with bfg kdws last winter, And many other miscellaneous parts within a years time...
Old 09-10-2013 | 05:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Buy my heads and cam 6.0 to put in it
Old 09-10-2013 | 06:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

All the cars to pick to get raped on financing and you pick a Malibu?
Old 09-11-2013 | 12:19 AM
TECH Junkie

Forgive God for assembling your LS1 incorrectly that day. His hands didn't work their magic to the T for whatever reason.

Trending Topics

Old 09-11-2013 | 07:20 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 2001AntiVenom
Buy my heads and cam 6.0 to put in it
Ive looked at your thread on the 6.0 plenty of times! if I wanted to keep my camaro, I'd be buying that... But I have a feeling me and car will be parting ways once I decide if I want to fix it or not...

Originally Posted by danieloneil01
All the cars to pick to get raped on financing and you pick a Malibu?
Lol, hey man. Say what you want.. But I love this thing. Fully loaded, every option. Great for my DD needs. And there was no way I could finance what I really wanted

Originally Posted by 5w20
Forgive God for assembling your LS1 incorrectly that day. His hands didn't work their magic to the T for whatever reason.
God? I don't blame God.... I blame the bastards that built her.

Old 09-12-2013 | 11:14 PM
On The Tree

Corey Don't sell it. Why would you sell it. Its already paid for, and you have some nice mods you did to her and having her looking the way you wanted. I'm jealous of how clean it is inside especially those new perfect looking ******* seats lol. You have kept up bro. Plus you can't mess up our license plates. I just told dusty the other when he asked" if I'd ever sell mine?" and I told him "prob not unless its
the right price" lol and then told him one of the reason why was because
our license plates were pretty cool.

But I think you should just turn it into your racecar and just go all out on it now. What you gunna take to tx2k now if ya don't got it. Do a little budget junkyard 5.3 or 6.0 with a lil or BIG turbo and have some fun with it
Old 09-12-2013 | 11:36 PM
Launching!

Ls2 and ls6 even l92 blocks are getting pretty cheap bro. Just save and wait til a good deal comes up.
Old 09-14-2013 | 10:23 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by nassty00
Corey Don't sell it. Why would you sell it. Its already paid for, and you have some nice mods you did to her and having her looking the way you wanted. I'm jealous of how clean it is inside especially those new perfect looking ******* seats lol. You have kept up bro. Plus you can't mess up our license plates. I just told dusty the other when he asked" if I'd ever sell mine?" and I told him "prob not unless its
the right price" lol and then told him one of the reason why was because
our license plates were pretty cool.

But I think you should just turn it into your racecar and just go all out on it now. What you gunna take to tx2k now if ya don't got it. Do a little budget junkyard 5.3 or 6.0 with a lil or BIG turbo and have some fun with it
Damn man. Almost brought a tear to my eye. You're right, I've got too much sentimentalism into this damn f-bomb. Well, guess ill be posting a WTB thread this afternoon for some parts. Gimme a text if you see this, or I'll call after work.
Old 09-14-2013 | 10:28 AM
In-Zane Moderator
10 Year Member

Junkyard 6.0 and a cam, springs and pushrods, slap it together and act like it never happened.

Quick Reply: Blew my ls1