Warning for those in the Houston area!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 07:36 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Feed line, bypass, charcoal canister, vent.
Old 11-02-2013, 08:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I counted 5, am I drunk?
Old 11-02-2013, 10:04 PM
In-Zane Moderator

There is a set of wires that look like a hose if you don't look at it right.
Old 11-03-2013, 12:57 AM
Teching In

How is it that anyone would expect any shop to warranty work on a car that was previously owned, driven (at least) and maybe thrashed on after how many days or months or maybe years after the install?

Head gaskets on wrong? Really? These cars would over heat in 15 minutes. Again, How long did the other owner have the car and drive after it being worked on with the gaskets on wrong? It is really hard to expect anything to add up the way the OP claims.

Where is the logic in this? You want warranty stick with factory parts and dealer installs.

As for the test drive claim mentioned on Camaro5, Why was the car needing a test drive to begin with?

As for MLee and his little story, he seems to be leaving out a few details like the guy who bought his car put it on a dyno and changed the tune on it. What are the real facts of what was changed after purchase? Unknown but it is possible that the TCM was also reprogrammed too. And then mlee blames ARD for the work on it? WEAK!

And then there are the real details behind why H-town cc went with LMR. Not even close to what mlee is putting into this thread. WEAK!
Old 11-03-2013, 01:02 AM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 2SS5thgen
Yes I just joined the forum. Didn't know that there was a post limit on credibility. Like others on here I am just giving my opinion.
Yes, Jason you just joined the forum so you could defend ARD and troll my threads. I'd don't hide behind a username. I've been here a long time.

Originally Posted by PoleCat2SSRS2010
How is it that anyone would expect any shop to warranty work on a car that was previously owned, driven (at least) and maybe thrashed on after how many days or months or maybe years after the install?

Head gaskets on wrong? Really? These cars would over heat in 15 minutes. Again, How long did the other owner have the car and drive after it being worked on with the gaskets on wrong? It is really hard to expect anything to add up the way the OP claims.

Where is the logic in this? You want warranty stick with factory parts and dealer installs.

As for the test drive claim mentioned on Camaro5, Why was the car needing a test drive to begin with?

As for MLee and his little story, he seems to be leaving out a few details like the guy who bought his car put it on a dyno and changed the tune on it. What are the real facts of what was changed after purchase? Unknown but it is possible that the TCM was also reprogrammed too. And then mlee blames ARD for the work on it? WEAK!

And then there are the real details behind why H-town cc went with LMR. Not even close to what mlee is putting into this thread. WEAK!
LOL... yeah the guy had to tune the car because it never ran right. After 5 or 6 attempts from yours truly I gave up and sold it. Could care less if you believe what happened after that. You've seen Owens transmission build room, it's a trash pit and nothing could be built correctly there. Trust me, Circle D gets a ton of business fixing those builds. Don't believe me, ask Duke (the guy in the wheelchair), he just had his re-done a couple months ago.

Those are facts and here's another one. The Camaro club left ARD for LMR so get the F over it and move on. We certainly have.
Old 11-03-2013, 11:02 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by mlee

LOL... yeah the guy had to tune the car because it never ran right. After 5 or 6 attempts from yours truly I gave up and sold it. Could care less if you believe what happened after that. You've seen Owens transmission build room, it's a trash pit and nothing could be built correctly there. Trust me, Circle D gets a ton of business fixing those builds. Don't believe me, ask Duke (the guy in the wheelchair), he just had his re-done a couple months ago.

Those are facts and here's another one. The Camaro club left ARD for LMR so get the F over it and move on. We certainly have.
Never ran right? WTF? The car with tune/heads/cam/Long Tubes/converter/and drag radials ran 12.07 @ 114. The car itself is notoriously heavy and you yourself are tipping the scales yourself too making the car heavier with driver! Add to that that the car had nitrous and it ran probably what 11.73 with a 100 shot? For you and your physical build that is the expected performance level.

Sounds to me like you’re making up excuses based on unrealistic expectations. If the car ran any better after it was sold it would be due to a driver mod that was probably 75-80 lbs lighter and was a better driver.
Still changing someone else’s tune is still changing the tune. And depending on how it was done on the dyno WILL affect the life expectancy of any A6.

As for Duke, ANYONE having to use his driving technique and equipment in a racing situation should expect to be hard on the life of at least any A6 in that heavy car.

The A6 to me is NOT a robust transmission like the PG, TH400 or the 4L80. I can’t begin to count the number of idiots that think it is supposed to live with all the abuse.

Duke has done amazing things on and off the track and still has my respect for that. You shouldn’t even drag his good name into this crap.

As for the statement of the club leaving ARD, it was more the other way around after when you felt let down by your expectations and started your crap back in August of last year by getting more shops to "sponsor" the club.

When it comes to parts, get real! If you’re going to race it, expect to replace it.
Old 11-03-2013, 12:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

Never ran right? WTF? The car with tune/heads/cam/Long Tubes/converter/and drag radials ran 12.07 @ 114. The car itself is notoriously heavy and you yourself are tipping the scales yourself too making the car heavier with driver! Add to that that the car had nitrous and it ran probably what 11.73 with a 100 shot? For you and your physical build that is the expected performance level.

Sounds to me like you’re making up excuses based on unrealistic expectations. If the car ran any better after it was sold it would be due to a driver mod that was probably 75-80 lbs lighter and was a better driver.
Still changing someone else’s tune is still changing the tune. And depending on how it was done on the dyno WILL affect the life expectancy of any A6.

As for Duke, ANYONE having to use his driving technique and equipment in a racing situation should expect to be hard on the life of at least any A6 in that heavy car.

The A6 to me is NOT a robust transmission like the PG, TH400 or the 4L80. I can’t begin to count the number of idiots that think it is supposed to live with all the abuse.

Duke has done amazing things on and off the track and still has my respect for that. You shouldn’t even drag his good name into this crap.

As for the statement of the club leaving ARD, it was more the other way around after when you felt let down by your expectations and started your crap back in August of last year by getting more shops to "sponsor" the club.

When it comes to parts, get real! If you’re going to race it, expect to replace it.
What car with those mods run that? I hope it wasn't a 5th gen, bolt on 5th gens see 11s! A6 transmission if tune right can and will take the abuse, I've abused mine for 3yrs ranging from 600-800rwhp in a Denali truck!!!!!
Old 11-03-2013, 12:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 62nalide
What car with those mods run that? I hope it wasn't a 5th gen, bolt on 5th gens see 11s! A6 transmission if tune right can and will take the abuse, I've abused mine for 3yrs ranging from 600-800rwhp in a Denali truck!!!!!
Exactly^^^ ...and yes it was a 5th GEN

@Michelle,
There's more to a tune than WOT dyno tune. I cut my losses and never said a word.

I had exactly 4 passes at 600 rwhp and my tranny was shot on his TCM tune. Then the infamous Stage III trans build didn't last 6 months. Heck I even made passes with 2 completely fried plugs due to Owen hooking up the dedicated fuel and Nitrous backwards on the Dyno. Almost wasted an engine there. You'll get to experience it soon enough. Good Luck, I'm out here.

Hope the OP is back to 100% soon.
Old 11-04-2013, 09:43 AM
Teching In

FYI for all members!!!

Mlee is also a mod on camaro5 forum.
If he doesn't like your posts on there or what you say he will delete your posts. And then he will ban you from the forum. Many many members have found this out the hard way.
He pushes the Htown Camaro club. The wife and I went to a meeting and then a street meet and the members all looked down on us. Made us feel like we were not good enough for them. To snobbish for us.
He pushes LMR but he won't even use them. The officers in the htown camaro club don't even use LMR. Maybe it's because Former ARD mechanics work there.

The mechanics who use to work at ARD now work at LMR. The ones that did a majority of the work on the ARD cars.
Just a FYI for everyone about Mlee,ARD,LMR. Glad I don't live in Houston anymore.

I saw Mlee went over to Lmr for an exhaust install. ARD techs don't build the motors, trannys or tune the cars
Old 11-04-2013, 10:00 AM
In-Zane Moderator

Is that a new development? Owen has been screwing up transmissions in his own two hands for a long time.
Old 11-04-2013, 10:03 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ZONES89RS
Is that a new development? Owen has been screwing up transmissions in his own two hands for a long time.
That's correct, he is the only one building the motors, trannys and tunes. That means there is only one person to blame for ARD incompetence
Old 11-04-2013, 11:39 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Turbo_Stang
Funniest part is its 2013 and you can still type in google "ARD Fuel pump access door"and see all the good stuff

Damn! Would hate to see what a mini tub job would look like.
Old 11-04-2013, 06:01 PM
Teching In

How is it that anyone would expect any shop to warranty work on a car that was previously owned, driven (at least) and maybe thrashed on after how many days or months or maybe years after the install? Head gaskets on wrong? Really? These cars would over heat in 15 minutes. Again, How long did the other owner have the car and drive after it being worked on with the gaskets on wrong? It is really hard to expect anything to add up the way the OP claims. Where is the logic in this? You want warranty stick with factory parts and dealer installs. As for the test drive claim mentioned on Camaro5, Why was the car needing a test drive to begin with? As for MLee and his little story, he seems to be leaving out a few details like the guy who bought his car put it on a dyno and changed the tune on it. What are the real facts of what was changed after purchase? Unknown but it is possible that the TCM was also reprogrammed too. And then mlee blames ARD for the work on it? WEAK! And then there are the real details behind why H-town cc went with LMR. Not even close to what mlee is putting into this thread. WEAK!
Idk what to tell you bro besides the fact that I was standing right there. It was a miracle that I didn't overheat and my performance mechanic said the same. There was 5 of us and it was quite obvious that they were on backwards....I mean after all they do have arrows on them. Back up ARD all you want but everyone else's feedback on this forum and others is enough to drive anyone away from his shop, including the very man I bought this car from. He doesn't even own the car and he isn't gonna use him again!!!!!
Old 11-04-2013, 06:06 PM
Teching In

FYI for all members!!! Mlee is also a mod on camaro5 forum. If he doesn't like your posts on there or what you say he will delete your posts. And then he will ban you from the forum. Many many members have found this out the hard way. He pushes the Htown Camaro club. The wife and I went to a meeting and then a street meet and the members all looked down on us. Made us feel like we were not good enough for them. To snobbish for us. He pushes LMR but he won't even use them. The officers in the htown camaro club don't even use LMR. Maybe it's because Former ARD mechanics work there. The mechanics who use to work at ARD now work at LMR. The ones that did a majority of the work on the ARD cars. Just a FYI for everyone about Mlee,ARD,LMR. Glad I don't live in Houston anymore.
Oh and by the way Mlee has had some really good feedback to give me. He supports members from what I can tell and Mod or not he hasn't shown me any hostility. He didn't have to message me with his sympathy but hey.....he did and that was noble, unlike Owen calling me and threatening to sue me for exercising my right to free speech.
Old 11-05-2013, 06:29 AM
Teching In

Mike Lee is a straight shooter and goes out of his way to be impartial to shops. I think it's funny on these ARD burndown threads how a couple of their goons come on here to defend not knowing the 10 years of bad stories that have been going on. They would be better served to be quiet and go back to their hole. Funny thing is that most the time they come on here to defend because they just shot their load with him or just had headers installed with no problems and don't understand how people have had entire cars ruined and lost their savings going there. Polecat, for your sake I sure hope that RHS you had him build doesn't mess up, you have to have some coin in that setup.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

Not shocked.
Old 11-05-2013, 02:21 PM
Launching!

Was talking to a Buddie last night was at Sealy a eek or so ago and there was a 5th gen Owen did a tranny in . The transmission line popped off while guy was doing a passed and smacked the wall a couple time thanks to ard and they handy work .
Old 11-05-2013, 02:53 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Nice, that little extra lack of quality goes a long way.
Old 11-05-2013, 03:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GMCHammer
Damn! Would hate to see what a mini tub job would look like.
That is one nasty hack job, my first time doing this was 100x better than that crap job. They posted that on a website? Hopefully not...

Originally Posted by 62nalide
Just hand the guy a shovel...let him keep digging. I think a 5.0 fox mustang with those mods would run better than a 12.

Great entertainment, keep up the stellar defense ARD nut huggers...
Old 11-05-2013, 07:52 PM
12 Second Club

I use to take my car there back in the 2005/2006 years. I had a silver LT1 Z28. I had the trans rebuilt multiple times. 2/3 kept blowing up. I will say he built me a forged 355 LT1 with a very large cam that never had any problems. Just the trans. Rebuilt that thing literally 5 times. The 2-3 shift would always over rev and he never fixed it. I've never been back since. Jay was the one who built my motor when he worked there. He never did my trans. Owen did. Shows you who knows what. Also I did get a larger fuel pump and they did cut a hole in my car and duct taped it up lol.

Quick Reply: Warning for those in the Houston area!