Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BT03mach-1
south beach tow better be real!
Just as real as lizard lick towing
Old 12-10-2013, 11:48 AM
Staging Lane

Ghost Hunters most def real!

For real though, Street Outlaws is the Professional Wrestling of street racing.
Old 12-10-2013, 12:04 PM
Gingervitis Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ss4chad
I wonder if the Discovery Channel is making Chuck's mobile home payments or buying groceries for his family? Geez, is that guy a Hurricane Katrina refugee or something!!

Chad
They neglected the fact that he sold his big *** house in the city and paid cash for that acreage he has now, and is building a nice house in the mean time.

And for the people that complain about it being fake....

#1...why does a street race have to be illegal?

#2....If police told you to pick any road and they would let you race on it all night, would you?

#3... If your Prius broke down, and you trailered it home....would it then be a race car?

Yeah, so what the drama is there and fake....the racing isn't. It's still a way better show than the rest of TV. If it was just racing, it would end up like NHRA on ESPN.
Old 12-10-2013, 12:55 PM
TECH Resident

The only thing I'll watch on tv is cartoons with my kid, Seinfeld, football, F1 or NHRA. F all this reality tv BS. I don't see how it is even remotely intertaining. But this is just my opinion.
Old 12-10-2013, 01:14 PM
SEB
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
lmr builds some killer stuff,but from there youtube vid/ appearance on the show it made them look very bad,honest looked like a bunch of crying babys, kinda felt bad for them,one thing i will say chucks sucker punch just shows on how big of a pos that guy is,not only that but he couldnt even phase that guy and he wasnt even looking at him,i hate that chuck seems like a loudmouth *****,and after that just shows he is a huge *****, why dont you finish your house for your family n not miss house payments to go street racing lol,guy is atool !
x200000
Old 12-10-2013, 08:21 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by slow67
They neglected the fact that he sold his big *** house in the city and paid cash for that acreage he has now, and is building a nice house in the mean time.

And for the people that complain about it being fake....

#1...why does a street race have to be illegal?

#2....If police told you to pick any road and they would let you race on it all night, would you?

#3... If your Prius broke down, and you trailered it home....would it then be a race car?

Yeah, so what the drama is there and fake....the racing isn't. It's still a way better show than the rest of TV. If it was just racing, it would end up like NHRA on ESPN.
I think one of the issues is that they act like they are trying to avoid getting busted and panic when the cops are near...but then they are on a professionally lit street with camera crews.....

street racing is illegal in every state.

a prius will never be a race car.
Old 12-13-2013, 11:23 PM
TECH Addict

I think a lot of you are missing the intent behind the show. Its not to show what actually happens, or the truth many of you are seeking. Its a show about racing on the street, edited, scripted, and dramatized specifically towards ratings. I find the show entertaining, which really is why its there.

There aren't any other TV shows out there about street racing, so if you find it entertaining for what it is, support it by watching it. If not enough people do, it will be pulled off the air and there won't be any shows about street racing. Who knows, if it is popular enough, perhaps more shows will follow.
Old 12-14-2013, 05:31 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by CALL911
Who knows, if it is popular enough, perhaps more shows will follow.
I'm betting on this.
Old 12-14-2013, 08:34 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by MulletGT
I'm betting on this.
LMR should pitch their episodes to Discovery.Those episdoes had me addicted then they just stopped.Made for a way better show than whats on now.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/texas-mem...ht=lmr+episode

Last edited by Turbo_Stang; 12-14-2013 at 08:50 AM.
Old 12-31-2014, 11:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

It is pretty simple, they take what a bunch of people do anyway and have been doing for decades and make a staged TV show out of it. Obviosuly for recording, TV and liability purposes it is all staged, w/ police and rented lights, and shut down roads and some creative editing and spin to make a storyline and for entertainment purposes.

Most people consider anything you are willing to pull out and drive and race on the street a street car for heads up grudge/street racing purposes. I remember seeing Varley's Mustang and one of the other guys on the street late night here in Houston back around 2007 for some late night money racing another message board put together.

Everyone has their flavor of cars. I don't really get into the roll racing because I like the challenge of hooking up and launching a car, but I can appreciate the craftsmanship, creativity and money put into the high dollar roll race cars.

Kudos the guys on the show who put together something that will make them money and get them paid for years to come. They are all getting sponsorships and new motors and new shops, etc., and will get to play with cars full time now. Plenty of similar car owners throughout Texas and elsewhere that could have done the same. I am suprised we have not seen a copy cat show yet. I do suspect Farm Truck and AZN might get their own spinoff at some point because they bring the entertainment factor with their antics.
Old 12-31-2014, 11:45 AM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Wonder how many of them are using a Davis traction controller at this point? I'm just discovering these systems. Pretty cool and I'm sure help with a W more often than not if you use them.
Old 12-31-2014, 03:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ZONES89RS
Wonder how many of them are using a Davis traction controller at this point? I'm just discovering these systems. Pretty cool and I'm sure help with a W more often than not if you use them.
Davis Traction control devices have been out for many years now. Its not a cheap system and their banned in many classes at the track...
Old 12-31-2014, 07:28 PM
TECH Resident

Old 12-31-2014, 08:32 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Originally Posted by Bad Chad
Davis Traction control devices have been out for many years now. Its not a cheap system and their banned in many classes at the track...
Yep, but , it is actually very cheap if you have the right engine management system. But I have no idea what management systems they run. And I would even call it cheap for those with the massive amounts of cash they have in the cars if they even used the stand alone system.
Old 12-31-2014, 08:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by MulletGT
The cars on that show aren't street cars. Big tires, full cage and trailered don't equal street cars. I might have missed a few episodes but only 1 car I have seen driving on the street, farmtruck. The name of the show must confuse people. Street Outlaws......they do "Outlaw" runs on the street in their racecar/track cars.

X1000. Those are not ****** street cars. Street car equals all creature comforts like AC and heat, radio, passenger seat atleast, must be able to run on pump or E85 a standalone with c16 is OK but pump in tank. Now cats or a little weight reduction is ok. Those are racecars that they drive illegally on street. Ladder bar suspension is no way a street car..
Old 12-31-2014, 08:43 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Agree with that except AC. Not all cars come with it so it's not a must on a street car.

If you cannot fill up at any fuel station...RACECAR. Including E85, because you have to hunt for that **** like your hunting for a damn nitrous refill.
Old 01-01-2015, 10:59 AM
8 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

A street car is what DOT deems street legal. If your car has a legit inspection sticker and can sit in traffic for at least 30min than you have a street car.
Old 01-01-2015, 11:55 AM
In-Zane Moderator

If you can travel anywhere at the speed limit any time and get gas anywhere, that's it.

All these cars that cannot cruise 75 MPH because of 2 and 3 speed autos? That's a RACECAR.
Old 01-01-2015, 12:09 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by oscs
A street car is what DOT deems street legal. If your car has a legit inspection sticker and can sit in traffic for at least 30min than you have a street car.
I usually don't get into this silly *** debate but if you don't have properly functioning cats on most any vehicle manufactured after 1979 then DOT would not deem it legal. Just because you can get an inspection sticker does not make it legal.

Quick Reply: **LMR on Street Outlaws Dec 2**