Official Texas Saltwater fishing thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 04:26 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Official Texas Saltwater fishing thread

Curious if anybody here saltwater fishes. I've kept low out of the car racing scene for the time being to get back in to what I grew up doing. I currently drive about 800 miles every weekend for the last 20-30 weeks to my old home, South Padre Island. I'd like to see your sleds and catches and sleds you've run in 2013-2014.

I'll post up my current sled and pics, as well, as well as my new sled that should be delivered in a few months.

Post up, areas, techniques, bait, etc. No need to hide your pot licking spots, I only fish the lower Laguna Madre and will send you my GPS spots, etc via PM. This was a baby Red I caught a few weeks ago. Most of my picks are bad, since I fish solo that far south.

Old 01-16-2014, 07:35 AM
8 Sec Tuner

From late nov.

Old 01-16-2014, 05:45 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by winters97gt
Curious if anybody here saltwater fishes. I've kept low out of the car racing scene for the time being to get back in to what I grew up doing. I currently drive about 800 miles every weekend for the last 20-30 weeks to my old home, South Padre Island. I'd like to see your sleds and catches and sleds you've run in 2013-2014.

I'll post up my current sled and pics, as well, as well as my new sled that should be delivered in a few months.

Post up, areas, techniques, bait, etc. No need to hide your pot licking spots, I only fish the lower Laguna Madre and will send you my GPS spots, etc via PM. This was a baby Red I caught a few weeks ago. Most of my picks are bad, since I fish solo that far south.

Mark,that doesn't even look like you. Man you've got uglier and bigger . L8R DFLASH
Old 01-17-2014, 01:40 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Mike TexaSS
From late nov.

Mikey, I see Calhoun got him a Majek for his SCB. Never fished with you guys, but you need to come to SPI.

Last edited by winters97gt; 01-17-2014 at 11:29 PM.
Old 01-17-2014, 02:10 AM
On The Tree

Back to back cast, one on a free line shrimp. The next on a jig. 5 min apart.

Old 01-17-2014, 02:18 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DFLASH
Mark,that doesn't even look like you. Man you've got uglier and bigger . L8R DFLASH
I'm actually smaller. Killed the late night drinking and pizza. Fishing keeps you up at weird hours since I do it 3-4 times a month with a 800 mile drive. They don't decide to eat when humans do.

Quick Reply: Official Texas Saltwater fishing thread