My s10 LS swap is complete.

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2014, 04:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ZONES89RS
Not sure how making my truck weigh as much as a full size would be a point to all this. But whatever works for you.

The slight down side to "drivability" I'm no sure what you mean. Because I run chokless carbs, your cold starts are better, everywhere else, my carbs run just as good as EFI. And I have no problem tuning for a tight LSA cam like my Trex in my 6.0, Efi tuners out there were not happy trying to get those to idle and drive at low speed. The good tuners could do it. But there were not many.
I'm not really sure where all the butt hurt is coming from. Let's start over. I really like your truck. It is my opinion that carbs do not drive as well as EFI and I do not dispute the fact they make great. I think your build is very respectable and moves out for a simple budget build. I'm not making fun of your carb nor am I saying it doesn't make power or drives like ****.
Old 03-29-2014, 09:07 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

No hurt feelings here, just commenting on what you said. The 1k pounds of bricks comment was confusing because it takes any reason of running the mustang pointless since it would essentially make it a full size truck weight against the mustang and that's an outcome that is pretty predictable. This isn't a sub 3000 pound truck as it sits either.
Old 03-29-2014, 09:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ZONES89RS
No hurt feelings here, just commenting on what you said. The 1k pounds of bricks comment was confusing because it takes any reason of running the mustang pointless since it would essentially make it a full size truck weight against the mustang and that's an outcome that is pretty predictable. This isn't a sub 3000 pound truck as it sits either.

What the hell are you talking about? I mentioned the 1000 lbs of bricks of you against the mustang in that video. I was just commenting how you're in a truck and whipping it's *** at its own game and he should try yours(truck). Just a joke I had from a couple weeks ago when I handed some kid in a bolt on fox his *** and he asked for a redo and I said yeah but this time with a bed full of bricks. Nvm though this has gotten way too annoying. I'm gonna blame it on that Khenry guy. Now everyone is just taking everything as a callout and get all defensive.
Old 03-30-2014, 12:44 AM
In-Zane Moderator

Call down man, was just trying to understand what you were talking about. Just wanted clarification because there is so much "well add more weight or them get a bigger motor" comments out there, that it came out sounding like that. No biggie.
Old 03-31-2014, 10:46 AM
In-Zane Moderator

This was last night:

Did better, 8.3 at 84 with a garbage 1.9 60. The crap shocks are allowing the rear to unload when I try to launch it like a man.

Quick Reply: My s10 LS swap is complete.