It's never too Early to Talk About FOOTBALL!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2014, 12:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Justus67
If Jones was as concerned with making money as the media shows, he should have drafted Manziel. That would sell tickets like no other draft pick in Dallas. Whether he succeeded or failed tickets would be a hot commodity. With that said the Texans defense is a scary, scary thing this year. Heads up Andrew Luck!
to a certain extent. their front 7 on paper are pretty dominant but the question is can they all stay healthy to play all year, mainly talking about cushing, he is the heart to our defense I think. don't get me wront JJ Watt is a beast but without cushing in the middle JJ can only do so much. not to mention we lost anotonio smith, but luckily we got rid of Bryce McCain! our defensive backs need some help badly. Although if our front 7 can produce and put a lot of pressure on the qb then our db's performance might seem better as they are not having to guard a receiver for 6-10 seconds. just my .02.
Old 05-15-2014, 06:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Texans fans,

Do you guys go wih Keenum? I honestly liked what i saw from him.
Old 05-15-2014, 07:59 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by TXZ28LS1
Texans fans,

I like Keenum a lot and hope things go well for him this season...I believe the uncertainty/instability of the team and coaching situation put a lot of pressure on everyone...NFL is enough of a monster by itself, then you're a rookie and the team implodes. He is marginal on size, but has the heart of a warrior.
Old 05-15-2014, 09:19 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I say it's Keenum's spot to lose right now. If Fitzpatrick performs better in camp, go with him.

I liked what I saw from Keenum in his first 2-3 starts. After that, the team had given up and we started to look like a complete joke of a franchise. Kubiak's play calling (and Dennison's after Kubiak's firing) and the offensive line did not help Case one bit.
On the other hand, Keenum was in need of some major work in recognizing the blitz and getting rid of the ball. Too many 10+ yard losses on sacks.
Old 05-15-2014, 02:36 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 03Sssnake
I like Keenum a lot and hope things go well for him this season...I believe the uncertainty/instability of the team and coaching situation put a lot of pressure on everyone...NFL is enough of a monster by itself, then you're a rookie and the team implodes. He is marginal on size, but has the heart of a warrior.
Originally Posted by -Ross-
I say it's Keenum's spot to lose right now. If Fitzpatrick performs better in camp, go with him.

I liked what I saw from Keenum in his first 2-3 starts. After that, the team had given up and we started to look like a complete joke of a franchise. Kubiak's play calling (and Dennison's after Kubiak's firing) and the offensive line did not help Case one bit.
On the other hand, Keenum was in need of some major work in recognizing the blitz and getting rid of the ball. Too many 10+ yard losses on sacks.
THESE

I would like to see how he does with some protection and better play calls. He may not be the best, but I thought he did well considering the situation he was in last year. He took hard hits and got back up time and time again.
Old 05-15-2014, 02:47 PM
Launching!

Texans fans,

It Keenum all the way for me. He's mobile, has a tight radius, and hes not afraid to throw the ball. Plus he can take a hit and keep the play alive. Any QB that can extend plays will succeed with this changing of the league. Schaub was a statue, good luck Oakland!
Old 05-15-2014, 05:09 PM
10 Second Club

I'm kinda disappointed they didn't choose Wade Phillips to coach the Texans. I think he'd be a good coach if he were allowed to actually be a coach and not a puppet on strings *cough*Jerry Jones*cough*.
Old 05-15-2014, 06:37 PM
Launching!

Cowboys are the most valuable team in the NFL. Jerrys not worried about selling tickets guys---He sells the hell out of them every year. Defense will be trouble this year but the offense will be very good. Firing Ryan was one idiot mistake by Jerrys world and hes admitted it. Kiffin was 20 years behind on defense and Ryans whole defense was injured including Ware half the year, That offense is very strong and will score points but they probably will half to to stay in games.
Old 05-15-2014, 06:38 PM
Launching!

Houstons Offensive line needs to protect the QB and Keenum was running for his life half the time. Defense should be stout.
Old 05-15-2014, 09:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

I think with foster back there, it will help keenum.

Whats up with andre johnson though? Hes been a guy who never says anything and just plays. Pretty surprised to hear about AJ..
Old 05-15-2014, 09:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Footlead
Cowboys are the most valuable team in the NFL. Jerrys not worried about selling tickets guys---He sells the hell out of them every year. Defense will be trouble this year but the offense will be very good. Firing Ryan was one idiot mistake by Jerrys world and hes admitted it. Kiffin was 20 years behind on defense and Ryans whole defense was injured including Ware half the year, That offense is very strong and will score points but they probably will half to to stay in games.

Injuries kill this team on defense every year. I think this D got torched cuz they never blitzed. The rushed 4 everytime and when they dont get to the QB he had all day to throw. Will be interesting to see this D without ware.
Old 05-15-2014, 10:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 350 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by Footlead
Every year rob Ryan coached Dallas D ranking improved heavily, plus Rob Ryan brought attitude to the cowboys, a little fire besides Romo
Old 05-16-2014, 11:14 AM
Launching!

Bill O'Brien has a good track record for college, we'll see what happens in the NFL. Not the same creature.
Old 05-16-2014, 11:19 AM
TECH Resident

I think with foster back there, it will help keenum.

Whats up with andre johnson though? Hes been a guy who never says anything and just plays. Pretty surprised to hear about AJ..
Long story short, AJ is turning 33 this year, he is expiring milk as far as play at an elite level is concerned. I think he wants to play for a contender and get a ring, would hate to lose him, but can't really blame him for the way he feels...its not about money anymore, its about winning... That being said, there is a heinous amount of money left on his contract, don't see him fitting the cap space of many teams that are in contention....
Old 05-27-2014, 09:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Sean "Glass" Lee
Old 05-28-2014, 04:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

Sean "Glass" Lee
No kidding man.... this guy is always hurt. Now he may have torn an ACL. Another huge loss to the defense.
Old 05-28-2014, 08:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sean "Glass" Knee
Fixed it for ya!

Quick Reply: It's never too Early to Talk About FOOTBALL!!!