ALERT! Stolen TrailBlazer SS

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2014, 11:52 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by danieloneil01
If you still have their info go online and fill out the form that you are no longer the owner. Next time you sell a car go to the local tax office and fill out their forms and have it out of your name right then and there. Also take the plates.
You are supposed to take the pets off a car when you sell it anyway. It will make the buyer transfer the title ASAP.
Old 06-29-2014, 01:43 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I realized not too long after i made the post, they took out a loan on it and i handed the title over to there bank. Im sure they would have done the transfer then, but i did fill out the online form to clarify im not the owner anymore.

I wonder where the truck is now and if they will find it in peices somewhere. What happens to the parts that theives strip? They get sold out of state? Underground sales?
That hood is one of a kind.

I see alot of these posts, sad really. Looks like ill be making room in the garage.
Old 06-29-2014, 04:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ZONES89RS
You are supposed to take the pets off a car when you sell it anyway. It will make the buyer transfer the title ASAP.
I usually keep my pets at the house. Also, when you go to the tax office the title will transfer right then and there. If the buyer can't afford the tax to do it, then the car isn't yours.
Old 06-30-2014, 12:36 AM

I'm in Katy also. Things have been getting rowdy lately.
Old 06-30-2014, 09:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mlyoung2
Kill Switches are best. Saw this video the other day:

They actually went into the fenderwell and cut the horn wires, so even if they did set the alarm off, it wouldn't matter.
what were they using the bolt cutters for? to cut off the anti theft deal that goes across the steering wheel?

lets say this exact situation was happening not in california but in texas and the cars owner came across the situation in the video. could you open fire without police department recourse? does it matter if the car is inside the garage or outside of the garage?
Old 06-30-2014, 11:03 AM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Look at the use of force laws, theft at night is under the deadly force penal code:

So yea, those guys could have lost their lives under Texas law.
Old 06-30-2014, 11:10 AM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

lets say this exact situation was happening not in california but in texas and the cars owner came across the situation in the video. could you open fire without police department recourse? does it matter if the car is inside the garage or outside of the garage?[/QUOTE]

You planning to start a shop in Texas,LOL? JK. Yes, they can pop a cap in your ARSS. Some would not but I believe if they will go that far, what will they do when they return later or at the next house where a kid sees them and starts to scream?
Old 06-30-2014, 11:32 AM
Launching!

So if you have a TBSS, kill switch is a good idea? These things seem easy to steal...
Old 06-30-2014, 11:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by codyvette
lets say this exact situation was happening not in california but in texas and the cars owner came across the situation in the video. could you open fire without police department recourse? does it matter if the car is inside the garage or outside of the garage?
You planning to start a shop in Texas,LOL? JK. Yes, they can pop a cap in your ARSS. Some would not but I believe if they will go that far, what will they do when they return later or at the next house where a kid sees them and starts to scream?[/QUOTE]

im not sure that I am following what you are talking about here. i was talking about the car owner opening fire on the thieves. Are you talking about the thieves opening fire on the car owner?
Old 06-30-2014, 04:40 PM
On The Tree

my black 3lt tbss was stolen last year never saw it again it sucks really bad had alot of personal belongings in there that cant be replaced and i had a slp loudmouth that no one ever heard go off its a real shitty thing to happen i couldnt afford to get another one and worried about the risk even if i did i miss my tbss hope they find that one
Old 06-30-2014, 04:44 PM
On The Tree

onstar is useless unless you continue paying for subscription which most dont and killswitch is a great idea didnt think about it until it was too late but too late for that
dont leave personal possesions in the car and be very careful with them they like to steal these and the nbs silverados rims and all like previously stated do whatever you can to make sure its harder for them to get ur truck if you can afford it get lojack best option but its money lol
Old 06-30-2014, 10:31 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by jdoyle
You planning to start a shop in Texas,LOL? JK. Yes, they can pop a cap in your ARSS. Some would not but I believe if they will go that far, what will they do when they return later or at the next house where a kid sees them and starts to scream?
im not sure that I am following what you are talking about here. i was talking about the car owner opening fire on the thieves. Are you talking about the thieves opening fire on the car owner?[/QUOTE]

No. What? HUH? Of course not. I am just saying some folks would say the right to shoot a would be robber is wrong unless your life was in extreme danger. I feel like if someone would go as far as to enter one's property for a damn car might do anything in certain situations so it may be better to remedy the situation then and there.....for good.
Old 06-30-2014, 11:08 PM
TECH Regular

how many miles and do you have any more info on it?... I saw an ls2 pullout from a black tbss for sale on the vette forum with 58k on it and I think it was in oklahoma... probably nothing but you never know
Old 07-01-2014, 07:44 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by neutron82
how many miles and do you have any more info on it?... I saw an ls2 pullout from a black tbss for sale on the vette forum with 58k on it and I think it was in oklahoma... probably nothing but you never know
had pacesetter headers/intake/electric fans/ the right rear last header stud was broken off.
Old 07-01-2014, 09:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

No. What? HUH? Of course not. I am just saying some folks would say the right to shoot a would be robber is wrong unless your life was in extreme danger. I feel like if someone would go as far as to enter one's property for a damn car might do anything in certain situations so it may be better to remedy the situation then and there.....for good.
Oh, I see what you're saying now.
Old 07-01-2014, 01:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

im not sure that I am following what you are talking about here. i was talking about the car owner opening fire on the thieves. Are you talking about the thieves opening fire on the car owner?
No. What? HUH? Of course not. I am just saying some folks would say the right to shoot a would be robber is wrong unless your life was in extreme danger. I feel like if someone would go as far as to enter one's property for a damn car might do anything in certain situations so it may be better to remedy the situation then and there.....for good.[/QUOTE]

Dead men tell no stories
Old 07-04-2014, 07:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by green94z
I see the horn won't work, but how did he turn the alarm off that fast once he opened the door? Wow
Yanked the glove box open unplugged bcm. Swapped in another BCM they had a resistor key for smashed the column and stole it like every other gm product from 1970's till end of the f bodies.
Old 07-07-2014, 03:34 PM
Teching In

I was in the market for a TBSS until I started hearing about all the stolen ones around the Houston/ cypress area. A coworker had his wheels stolen, then a month later the whole truck.
My wife's friend came out of the pediatricians office in the cypress area with their son to find her TBSS missing during the middle of the day.
I love the TBSS but the thought of always having to worry about it when its not in the garage was not worth it unfortunately
Old 07-07-2014, 04:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks like the TBSS could use a security upgrade:

http://carzapper.info/
Old 07-08-2014, 11:09 AM
Teching In

Dang, I had no idea these things were getting stolen so much.. And I just bought one about 6 months ago. I guess it's time to invest in a nice alarm for it.

Quick Reply: ALERT! Stolen TrailBlazer SS