LS swap guru/shop in Bryan/College Station wanted

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2015, 07:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation LS swap guru/shop in Bryan/College Station wanted

Hey gents.

So I have been planning an LS swap for some time, I'll have a completely rebuilt LQ4 soon to put into my 97 Chevy K2500. I just need the wiring harness reworked, I have the fuel system sorted out, computer has been flashed and programmed, and the McLeod clutch is ready to go. Basically I have everything ready to do the swap (exhaust I'll figure out once the engine is in, small potatoes) but the place/help I had initially set up is now telling me no. So I guess I'm looking for a shop with reasonable labor rates in the BCS area, or a local guy with a shop and the expertise. I'd really prefer to be a part of the process, I did a straight axle swap on my trucj last year that went pretty smoothly, now for something more complicated. Anyway if any of you have done this a time or two or can recommend a good shop, let me know!
Old 09-22-2015, 10:02 PM
TECH Addict

Do it yourself with a PSI harness or

Contact/Lookup BadChad on here.Very knowledgeable when it comes to the LS swaps and will beat any shops prices
Old 09-22-2015, 10:19 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

No guru needed these days. I am starting a swap into an 89' Chevy now and have done several various vehicles. It is easy to convert a truck harness from swap websites and Schoenfeld makes a swap header PN 1302LS1.
Old 09-23-2015, 11:08 AM
FormerVendor

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

We used to do harnesses but stopped several years ago due to getting so many in that were completely trashed. Anytime we need anything harness related we use Speartech https://www.speartech.com/.
Old 09-24-2015, 10:07 AM

Hey guys, I would try to do it at my property but I really dont even have any cover big enough to fit that truck under, or a cherry picker, pneumatic tools etc. I had it arranged to use my old roommates garage, and have at least one helper who's done a LS swap before, but he basically told me to **** off. So I'll have everything I need for the swap, just no location. At this point if I can find shop somewhere near college station, at a decent labor rate, and have the truck done there I'll be happy.

Quick Reply: LS swap guru/shop in Bryan/College Station wanted