SO much for the oilfield!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2016, 12:10 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oscs
The oil field needed a good cleansing. Over paid under skilled whiny entitled people need reality checks every once in a while
such ignorance...
Old 01-10-2016, 07:30 PM
8 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by WMSuperSport
I hope you ******* die, you piece of ****. I hope 1 day your family has to endure the same. You were too weak to do what we do, so you're resentful. Sad but true. Maybe, or surely, go kill yourself. One less POS on this planet.
if you clowns only knew. I STILL WORK in the oil field.. I run across people like you all day everyday. Like I said, In times like this the fat gets cut. Sorry you didn't make it but I honestly I can see why with your "frac pads are to much work" BS! Barrel oil is floating at $30 and you want to bitch about what kind of work you do?and "I need $1000 a week" because I've made poor financial dections.. GTFO! Sounds like you need to shut your mouth and quit whining like a ******* 5 year old. Roll your sleeves up and go earn that money instead of complaining.
Old 01-10-2016, 08:32 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by htownws6
such ignorance...
Oh yeah? Which part? Where I call out the guy who's upset he's not getting his rediculous day rate for doing a cake *** job? Or is because he bitched about turning a wrench? Back when it was a $110 a barrel we had machinist walking in the door with the same mentality. "Look at me, I need this much, I won't do that" Guess where they are now? Job less. Every swing in this volatile market we call home this kind of **** happens. Another day, Another downturn in the market and Another purge of low class, low skilled work force lingering in the oil field service sector. Good riddance!

Last edited by oscs; 01-11-2016 at 08:44 AM.
Old 01-10-2016, 09:03 PM
10 Second Club

Oh yeah? Which part? Where I call out the guy who's upset he's not getting his rediculous day rate for doing a cake *** job? Or isn't because he bitched about turning a wrench? Back when it was a $110 a barrel we had machinist walking in the door with the same mentality. "Look at me, I need this much, I won't do that" Guess where they are now? Job less. Every swing in this volatile market we call home this kind of **** happens. Another day, Another downturn in the market and Another purge of low class, low skilled work force lingering in the oil field service sector. Good riddance!
Plenty of talented peple have been let go. My former boss was an Quality director for Baker Hughes, 30+ years at Baker, numerous quality awards over the years, he got let go. And HIS boss was let go too. My neighbor has been in the oil patch for 40+ years NEVER been laid off. HE was let go (retired).

Oh and $1000 a week? I need $1000 A DAY and I WAS GETTING IT for a few years when times were good.

It's more about being in the wrong place at the wrong time than it is about trimming the fat. Like if you are an engineer and you happen to be in between projects with the grim reaper shows up? Guess what your getting axed.

I remember just 2 years ago I had to change my phone number because recruiters were calling me CONSTANTLY and BEGGING me to interview with their client. Those days are gone. I flew FIRST CLASS to England and spent 6 months in a penthouse flat that cost 1600 British pounds per month (all paid for by the client) to work on a subsea development worth 100's of millions of dollars. Those projects have all been put on hold. SUBSEA is the costliest and RISKIEST so therefore they are the ones hit the HARDEST by all of this. CONOCO even announced they are suspending subsea development for now. MANY knowledgeable and talented engineers gone.

Oh, if you could be just a little more sensitive, I mean some of these folks had to tell their kids that Santa wasn't coming this year. That is what really hurts. Or do you even understand this concept of having a family to provide for?

Last edited by htownws6; 01-10-2016 at 09:12 PM.
Old 01-10-2016, 09:45 PM
8 Second Club

Plenty of talented peple have been let go. My former boss was an Quality director for Baker Hughes, 30+ years at Baker, numerous quality awards over the years, he got let go. And HIS boss was let go too. My neighbor has been in the oil patch for 40+ years NEVER been laid off. HE was let go (retired).

Oh and $1000 a week? I need $1000 A DAY and I WAS GETTING IT for a few years when times were good.

It's more about being in the wrong place at the wrong time than it is about trimming the fat. Like if you are an engineer and you happen to be in between projects with the grim reaper shows up? Guess what your getting axed.

I remember just 2 years ago I had to change my phone number because recruiters were calling me CONSTANTLY and BEGGING me to interview with their client. Those days are gone. I flew FIRST CLASS to England and spent 6 months in a penthouse flat that cost 1600 British pounds per month (all paid for by the client) to work on a subsea development worth 100's of millions of dollars. Those projects have all been put on hold. SUBSEA is the costliest and RISKIEST so therefore they are the ones hit the HARDEST by all of this. CONOCO even announced they are suspending subsea development for now. MANY knowledgeable and talented engineers gone.

Oh, if you could be just a little more sensitive, I mean some of these folks had to tell their kids that Santa wasn't coming this year. That is what really hurts. Or do you even understand this concept of having a family to provide for?
AND? Once just once did I say a ******* word about talented people in the wrong place? I know plenty of good people that got let go. GUESS WHAT this guy isn't one of them and those aren't the people I'm talking about. Those people are out looking for work or already found it in other industries. Your comparing apples to oranges. I know good and well what it take to provide for a family and bitching about turning a wrench ISNT how it's done! So before you open your big mouth look at the subject at hand.
Old 01-11-2016, 09:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Sometimes you need to man up and do what it takes and not sit around and bitch.

When work slowed down for me I picked up a part time job at krogers and started waiting tables.

It was worth it to me to work bullshit jobs so that i could still buy my kids Christmas presents and have cash coming in.

If your kids didn't get **** because you decided you would rather sit around than man the **** up and take care of business it's rough I'm sure. But it's not anyone else fault
Old 01-11-2016, 09:35 AM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I won't bash anyone in particular but I work with several guys that would rather bitch than man up as well. We have it really good here in this refinery and some of these guys make me want to puke. Blackonblack, that is manning up for sure. I see people stick there hands out in hard times with racecars setting in the garage all the time. I would never ask anyone for a dime as long as I could give up some more toys even at a great loss. If I end up in a situation where I have to tell my kids they have to do without Christmas gifts, I will do my best to make sure they understand how fortunate we are to have each other. I have even had to work as a welder to keep working before. LOL Good luck to those who are doing everything in there power to man up during hard times. You are the reason America still kicks ***.
Old 01-11-2016, 10:06 AM
8 Second Club

I was racking my brain this morning thinking am i the only one who feels this way? an old co-worker of my just got his hours cut to 40. Guess what he did? Went back to waiting tables at papsitos.. Poor bastard hadn't done that in 10 years.. One of the machinist here does uber at night.. Its amazing what people will/wont do to keep food on their tables. To those of you doing what it takes i salute you. It will soon be over and these multinational corporations will be throwing dollars at you in no time.
Old 01-11-2016, 11:03 AM
TECH Resident

I don't necessarily agree with your whole cleansing statement but yes, the worst employees are USUALLY the first to get axed. I can't believe some people will say something as chickenshit as to wish someone's family ill. No matter if they agree with you are not, they should keep the it between you and them. If they feel you need a tune up, deliver it and be done with it. Only bitches need to threaten folks on the internet. Talking some **** is OK though. LOL
Old 01-11-2016, 12:00 PM
8 Second Club

Most people don't agree with 50% of what i say so ill take it LOL! ive just been in the business for a long time and seen some real BS.. ticks me off to see lazy people getting paid a premium and then everyone whining why companies cant make any money less than $60 a barrel... Go figure. Also you should have seen the PM's Htownws6 was sending me.. Man that was some funny stuff.
Old 01-11-2016, 01:26 PM
TECH Resident

I just mean if corporate America had the ***** to treat each employee as they deserve, good or bad, then it wouldn't need to cleanse in a random manner. Some of there moves are just as chickenshit as a lazy useless employee. I can only emagine the PM's you were getting.
Old 01-11-2016, 03:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well even the shittiest of employees make the company money.

Most of them probably make more than usual because they have the excuse to pay them less but bill the Normal rate.
Old 01-11-2016, 05:15 PM
10 Second Club

Most people don't agree with 50% of what i say so ill take it LOL!
That's because at least 50% of the time you're probably wrong. lol

I can tell that by the platform you chose to build your car. All that money and there are still cam only cars out there that can beat you. But that is another argument...

Now that I've calmed down abit I can rejoin this discussion....until you've been through this you cannot judge. The last 4 months have been incredibly stressful for me and my family. As I indicated erlier I've survived all of the downturns except this one. My company had 4 rounds of layoffs over the last 12 months before they got to me, I was a 4th rounder. They were very humane about it, offering my 8 weeks severance, and a verbal offer to come back once things improved (which they have not).

And no, you can't just "man up" and go sack groceries. While drawing unemployment if you work any job they subtract those wages from your benefits. I'm getting max. unemployment, $465 a week. If I take a job making 15 bucks an hour in reality I'd be working for $4 an hour, and having to commute 45 minutes to that job everyday? STUPID. You need to spend that time looking for another job, at least until the unemployment runs out. Don't worry about me I have several years worth of savings (I've been in the oil patch for 25 years), and yes my kid got his Christmas gifts, but I know some family's who did not. My heart goes out to those families.

Saying "yeah, they just cut the fat from these companies" is just about as callous and insensitive as going up to someone who lost their parent to cancer and saying "well....serves him right he shouldn't have been smoking".

That's all I have to add. This is my last post on the subject. I know mr inferiority complex will have to have the last word (to protect his ego, and perceived self worth) I'll let him. I don't care. I've got bigger fish to fry....
Old 01-11-2016, 06:05 PM
8 Second Club

That's because at least 50% of the time you're probably wrong. lol

I can tell that by the platform you chose to build your car. All that money and there are still cam only cars out there that can beat you. But that is another argument...

Now that I've calmed down abit I can rejoin this discussion....until you've been through this you cannot judge. The last 4 months have been incredibly stressful for me and my family. As I indicated erlier I've survived all of the downturns except this one. My company had 4 rounds of layoffs over the last 12 months before they got to me, I was a 4th rounder. They were very humane about it, offering my 8 weeks severance, and a verbal offer to come back once things improved (which they have not).

And no, you can't just "man up" and go sack groceries. While drawing unemployment if you work any job they subtract those wages from your benefits. I'm getting max. unemployment, $465 a week. If I take a job making 15 bucks an hour in reality I'd be working for $4 an hour, and having to commute 45 minutes to that job everyday? STUPID. You need to spend that time looking for another job, at least until the unemployment runs out. Don't worry about me I have several years worth of savings (I've been in the oil patch for 25 years), and yes my kid got his Christmas gifts, but I know some family's who did not. My heart goes out to those families.

Saying "yeah, they just cut the fat from these companies" is just about as callous and insensitive as going up to someone who lost their parent to cancer and saying "well....serves him right he shouldn't have been smoking".

That's all I have to add. This is my last post on the subject. I know mr inferiority complex will have to have the last word (to protect his ego, and perceived self worth) I'll let him. I don't care. I've got bigger fish to fry....

Name:  F2249844-7BD0-4CF6-9C88-A71133BB377E_zpsuqhvstna.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  17.0 KB

Cool story

Last edited by oscs; 01-11-2016 at 06:12 PM.
Old 01-11-2016, 06:08 PM
TECH Resident

I can make $465 a week standing on my dick and still find time to look for a better job.
Old 01-11-2016, 06:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WTF…. stop complaining about the oil jobs and figure out how I can get my **** box LM7 to beat a hellcat @ HMP…

You people need to get your priorities sorted out…
Old 01-11-2016, 06:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if this is his last post on the subject, does anyone know what exactly htownws6 does for a living that has zero applications in other industries?
Old 01-11-2016, 06:31 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by jdoyle
if this is his last post on the subject, does anyone know what exactly htownws6 does for a living that has zero applications in other industries?
Not sure but it probably has the term "douche nozzle" in it somewhere
Old 01-11-2016, 06:37 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by twinturbo496
WTF…. stop complaining about the oil jobs and figure out how I can get my **** box LM7 to beat a hellcat @ HMP…

You people need to get your priorities sorted out…
Psssst I don't know about you but my current priority is taking out this killer mid 9 second Cam only street car..
Old 01-11-2016, 06:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not sure but it probably has the term "douche nozzle" in it somewhere
those PMs you posted are what had my eyes rolling LOL

Quick Reply: SO much for the oilfield!!!