Picked up a Tesla P90D. *Pics*

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2015, 03:54 AM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

No, the term LS swap the world exists for a reason. It's throwing a gas engine in a electro car to **** off the purists. It's pulling up to a light and shaking the earth with an American V8 in something that should be dead quiet. To the real American hotrodder it simply says,"yes, yes I would".

As for speed? I'm willing to bet deleting all the heavy *** parts in favor of a aluminum LS and the right trans might actually cut weight and making a LS faster than the tesla? Should not be a problem since there are plenty of the running 9s NA, not to mention power adders.
Old 12-04-2015, 02:01 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It would take more than the engine and trany to be faster than it is now. Your going to lose a lot of weight when removing the batteries and the weight is a reason it 60fts like it does. Plus the massive amount of TQ the electric motor produces. That's where the ET is at with this car. Lose the weight, lose the traction ability, and now your doing suspension work to get that back.

I do like your definition of the swap though. I am that person. I like to do it because you said I shouldn't or cant, but I bet I can and will.
Old 12-04-2015, 05:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Beautiful car!!

I was always curious about these. How does the a/c work, heater etc when the car isnt "running" - do they have their own elec motors? And is there a transmission with these or is it a direct drive?

Quick Reply: Picked up a Tesla P90D. *Pics*