mike whitehouse gforce

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2016 | 03:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Mike and his guy have always done me right in the past, no matter how much I was going to spend with them.. I know two people Personal that were not happy with Pat also.. Every tuner is going to have an unhappy customer at some point.
Old 06-30-2016 | 03:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by GreatWhiteZ28
Mike and his guy have always done me right in the past, no matter how much I was going to spend with them.. I know two people Personal that were not happy with Pat also.. Every tuner is going to have an unhappy customer at some point.
unhappy with Pat G? I call BS. JK. What occured with Pat that they weren't happy about?
Old 06-30-2016 | 03:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jdoyle
unhappy with Pat G? I call BS. JK. What occured with Pat that they weren't happy about?
Trans Tune was/is off on one, The other wouldn't idle without dying... They just expressed their dissapointment when dealing with Pat on the issues..Wasn't there so I can't say how those convos went
Old 07-01-2016 | 12:12 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by imma_stocker
Gforce tune on my 408 T56 combo (already have 2 local tuners to fix this mess).

Under 2k rpm sitting at exactly 8* timing. At 2k jumps straight to 27* commanded to redline. Makes for a terrible driver IF it'll idle long enough to drive down the street, usually takes at least 3 attempts to start and babying the throttle to keep it on.

PCM set to cycle OL/CL but the MAF sensor was cut off long ago.... so how the hell is the PCM supposed to read nothing and compensate from nothing? ALL of the evap and emissions codes are still reading so I have to ignore the SES light and hope nothing else is wrong.

Short version, no I won't going back to GForce for anything. IMO they got too big for their britches and no longer support us common folk. For fairness sake maybe my issues were my fault, there are tons of variables but I sure as hell expected a car to IDLE after a reputable professional tunes it.

Your money, your car, your decision.
Yeah they won't tune "swapped cars" anymore
Old 07-01-2016 | 12:13 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by jdoyle
i heard that too. do you happen to know how he became wealthy?
Sold some internet business IIRC. His other son is a giant **** up sucking off the tit far worse.
Old 07-05-2016 | 02:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by oscs
Yeah they won't tune "swapped cars" anymore
Ya caught me! Swapped an alum LS for an iron LS lol

Guess it must have been a swap because they erased my lifetime retune deal (same chassis and same PCM). Doesn't matter because there are plenty of other options.
Old 07-06-2016 | 07:49 AM
8 Second Club

Ya caught me! Swapped an alum LS for an iron LS lol

Guess it must have been a swap because they erased my lifetime retune deal (same chassis and same PCM). Doesn't matter because there are plenty of other options.
Shocking.. They use to be really good people to deal with. I guess the novelty has worn off.
Old 07-21-2016 | 01:32 AM
9 Second Club

he did a great job tuning on my 07 Z06. Mine made just under 600 rwhp and it was whooping up on cars well over 100 more rwhp.
Old 07-22-2016 | 09:51 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by v8sten
he did a great job tuning on my 07 Z06. Mine made just under 600 rwhp and it was whooping up on cars well over 100 more rwhp.
That's basically what LS7's do. They trap what blown LS2-3 cars do with 50-75hp less and rip on the highway.

I've used both tuners. I'll be using Pat next month again, not because Mike can't tune or I don't like the guy, but I don't like being the little guy since they have become big. Probably the biggest reason is not him, since I still think he's a cool guy, but his staff and how I was treated. Mike was one funny, cool, down to earth guy back in the day. Put a tune on my car that set records, car didn't blow up and would text like a friend. Times change. You make it big, then you get the big builds.
Old 07-22-2016 | 11:10 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by winters97gt
That's basically what LS7's do. They trap what blown LS2-3 cars do with 50-75hp less and rip on the highway.

I've used both tuners. I'll be using Pat next month again, not because Mike can't tune or I don't like the guy, but I don't like being the little guy since they have become big. Probably the biggest reason is not him, since I still think he's a cool guy, but his staff and how I was treated. Mike was one funny, cool, down to earth guy back in the day. Put a tune on my car that set records, car didn't blow up and would text like a friend. Times change. You make it big, then you get the big builds.
Then why has Pat not turned this corner. He is one of the biggest deals in game.
Old 07-22-2016 | 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by codyvette
Then why has Pat not turned this corner. He is one of the biggest deals in game.
Beacuse its just the 2 of us down here in victoria.
Old 07-27-2016 | 11:50 AM
TECH Addict
15 Year Member

I would choose Pat G or LMR, both do an excellent job and both do an actual driveability/street tune. Slightly more customer service with Pat, more convenience for LMR, but both have world class output and are worth the $$. I would happily take my car to be tuned at GForce, but that would be a third choice behind Pat and LMR.
Old 07-29-2016 | 05:01 PM
TECH Apprentice
15 Year Member

Pat G tuned my Ws6, made more power than expected and spent the time to get it right. You ever been in a car with a MS3 in 6'th gear going 30-35 mph not bucking smooth as glass yep.

Id pick Pat G and Kurt over any tuner in texas any day, hell even LMR requests help from them from time to time from what I was told.
Old 07-31-2016 | 10:01 PM
Staging Lane

They just re-did my transmission. Seemed ok but I just discovered an issue with downshifting at 60 mph. They also took the liberty of replacing my starter without asking me first.
Old 08-01-2016 | 01:40 PM
TECH Addict
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by enigmah
Pat G tuned my Ws6, made more power than expected and spent the time to get it right. You ever been in a car with a MS3 in 6'th gear going 30-35 mph not bucking smooth as glass yep.

Id pick Pat G and Kurt over any tuner in texas any day, hell even LMR requests help from them from time to time from what I was told.
Who is your source that told you? I've been in the room multiple times (several years ago) when Gforce called LMR for tuning help. Doesn't automatically mean anything. Both Pat/Kurt and LMR are going to have some difficult to come by skills from their attention to detail and volume, respectively. They are both worth top dollar for tuning on anything as they both have high standards when it comes to their product. I'd be happy to pay GForce though. We're spoiled in Texas to have multiple good hot rodders to take cars to.
Old 08-01-2016 | 04:40 PM
TECH Apprentice
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by jmilz28
Who is your source that told you? I've been in the room multiple times (several years ago) when Gforce called LMR for tuning help. Doesn't automatically mean anything. Both Pat/Kurt and LMR are going to have some difficult to come by skills from their attention to detail and volume, respectively. They are both worth top dollar for tuning on anything as they both have high standards when it comes to their product. I'd be happy to pay GForce though. We're spoiled in Texas to have multiple good hot rodders to take cars to.
LMR requested Pat G help, not G-force. Guess that was confusing you
Old 08-02-2016 | 06:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

LMAO at anyone who thinks the big dogs don't call each other for help. Not a new thing or anything to be ashamed of. IMHO a performance shop that refuses to call anyone else thinks they know everything and can't make a mistake.
Old 08-02-2016 | 06:31 PM
TECH Apprentice
15 Year Member

LMAO at anyone who thinks the big dogs don't call each other for help. Not a new thing or anything to be ashamed of. IMHO a performance shop that refuses to call anyone else thinks they know everything and can't make a mistake.
Nobody ever said it was a bad thing.
Old 08-05-2016 | 07:34 AM
TECH Addict
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by enigmah
LMR requested Pat G help, not G-force. Guess that was confusing you
No, jackass. It clearly reads that LMR requested help from Pat and I asked for the source, which has not been forthcoming, just out of curiosity. I also stated clearly that I personally witnessed more than one call from GForce to LMR for tuning help. It happens more than one direction. Like immastocker, I don't think it's automatically a huge deal...good professional courtesy. Apparently English confuses you.
Old 08-05-2016 | 01:30 PM
On The Tree

G-Force and LMR always had a good relationship back in the day. Frankly both have gone downhill a bit IMO. You have one guy running the show/tuning and if they can't keep good techs in house **** goes downhill.

Pat G has always been solid and I'll throw out Matt Sorian from FSP who visits Houston every 6 or 8 months and tunes a butt load of cars here including mine. We have a lot of Houston tuners, but finding a good one is tough.

Quick Reply: mike whitehouse gforce