A frame or gantry crane

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2017, 02:35 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default A frame or gantry crane

So I managed to find a 5.3 for a temporary motor in the trans am untill I can managed to rebuild the 5.7 or build a decent motor for it.
That being said I don't have a solid concrete pad or driveway to pull the ls1 out of the TA. The engine lift method is a far cry from since my driveway is dirt and the lift just wants to sink. So I am looking for an a frame or gantry crane to borrow to do the motor swap. I would say I could possibly rent a space for a bit but I have no money left to afford any of that. If anyone has one I could borrow for a few days that would be great.
Old 05-28-2017, 10:15 AM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Give them those 243 heads and you can use my shop/lift/tools. I'll even give you a hand.
Old 05-28-2017, 04:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

put plywood under the car. I've done it before. It's not ideal but it works.
Old 06-02-2017, 10:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ZONES89RS
Give them those 243 heads and you can use my shop/lift/tools. I'll even give you a hand.
man i would jump on this...that is a deal
Old 06-03-2017, 02:17 AM
12 Second Club

It's a good offer however if I can rent a spot for 100 why would I be willing to take a loss on the possibility of selling the heads for more than what I can't rent that spot for plus it would be closer to me. The reason I'm not even trying to rent that spot is because I am fully moneid out. I just finished paying for last semesters tution Andy know I have to replace a trucks transmission as well. I can't afford to even let a penny slip through right now.

The reason for borrowing is that it will take me morethan a day to have it done. Have a few other things that need to be done to the car at the same time. Getting the car to the place along with a motor. I have no trailer or truck no since the trans in my truck let loose yesterday.

Zone thanks for the offer.
Old 06-03-2017, 10:42 AM
In-Zane Moderator

I don't know **** about that guy, but I needed the heads for a customer and was willing to tow your car as well. Not to mention leaving it at my shop, I can ensure nothing will happen as it is on my property.

So, was my help worth 300$ for the heads I just picked up? Bet your *** it was. But I made the offer because I needed the heads for someone. Now 300$ later I have them and the offer is dead.
Old 06-03-2017, 10:44 AM
In-Zane Moderator

So much room for activities.

Name:  D5DAFAD6-E2D3-4627-B077-47E1A1D12271_zpsapnrx3yt.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  2.16 MB
Old 06-04-2017, 10:42 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ZONES89RS
I don't know **** about that guy, but I needed the heads for a customer and was willing to tow your car as well. Not to mention leaving it at my shop, I can ensure nothing will happen as it is on my property.

So, was my help worth 300$ for the heads I just picked up? Bet your *** it was. But I made the offer because I needed the heads for someone. Now 300$ later I have them and the offer is dead.
You hadn't told me you would tow it if I remember correctly if not I have overlooked it. I appreciated the offer but with money being tight it wasn't a viable option for me. As far as the heads they were still on the car with me driving it right now. Pulling the heads off would have left me without car. And by that I am talking in worse case scenario. I parked it to get ready to swap motors.

I would have had no issues leaving the car there. I have seen your work and like what you do. I even try and send people your way when they ask about places to go. I just can not afford to loose a penny if any ATM. If I could you where the first place I would have went to. And with this weather I have been trying to set aside money to possibly see what you would have charged me. Like I said I really apriciated the offer but just could not do that at the moment. If you have an issue with that I'm sorry. Feel free to message me here or on Facebook if you want to talk about it more.
Old 06-05-2017, 11:23 AM
In-Zane Moderator

Well, you have been around for a while and know the people I know, so I was waiting to see if you were interested, then I would have offered to pick it up if you needed me to.

Just hope you get it going without any setbacks. Seems you have enough issues with that and the trans for another vehicle.
Old 06-05-2017, 03:10 PM
12 Second Club

Thanks zone.

Quick Reply: A frame or gantry crane