Summit in Texas

Old 03-23-2018, 08:50 PM
Staging Lane

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Summit in Texas

Yeah, the summit store in Arlington is quite the place to go. And the red Z28 looks good but why would summit build a place in Texas? Now we have to pay for sales tax. So any big money items has sales tax when it didn't before. Started using Jegs and Speedway - no sales tax and the shipping is free. Gets here in a couple of days.

When you want to order something at summit you have to wait in line to have someone look it up on the computer. Reminds me of ******* vato zone or o'reilly's. Then your order is sent to the "cashier" and you don't get to see what you have ordered unless you are watching the screen at the order desk. Now you have to ******* wait again in line to pay for your parts. If you buy online you better bring in the correct receipt or the girl has to call her ******* boss to get an approval to continue - bull ****.

Now that you have paid the order you have to wait again at the "customer Service" area for them to bring your ******* order up. Its bull ****. Who was the ******* idiot that thought this **** up.

I ordered some stainless 3" u-bolt muffler clamps and needed to pick up an online order. The idiot at the order desk ordered the wrong clamps. I waited in line to get the wrong order then I had to go back to the ******* cashier to get my refund, they couldn't go get the right clamps. I had to go back and do it over again, but **** that I'm not doing the mindless bullshit. The idiot that ordered the wrong clamps showed up behind the cashier counter. "Hey bud, you ordered the wrong ******* clamps" he said in a smart *** tone "Oh that's my bad." I said "**** you and your bad, get your head out of your *** ******* idiot." Hoping he'd jump over that counter.

So the next time I need something I'm going to that ******* place and see if its on display, then I'm going to order it over my phone to Jeg's or speedway or moon eyes or who ever but ******* summit. And not pay tax or shipping and deal with a ******* idiot that needs his *** kicked. **** summit.
Old 03-23-2018, 10:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

But, everyone loves Scummit.
Old 03-24-2018, 01:48 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

They definitely cost themselves any sales at this shop. Business is business and money is money. So long Summit.
Old 03-24-2018, 04:53 PM
TECH Resident

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

I used them a couple of times.....mostly always Jegs or anyone else. They have messed up a few orders for me, and now the tax **** just sealed their fate....

T,
Old 03-25-2018, 02:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rayrat
The idiot that ordered the wrong clamps showed up behind the cashier counter. "Hey bud, you ordered the wrong ******* clamps" he said in a smart *** tone "Oh that's my bad." I said "**** you and your bad, get your head out of your *** ******* idiot." Hoping he'd jump over that counter.
This is why people hate working retail. Customers should come with warnings like "Entitled", "Obscene", "Tries to start fights". I don't know how you handle life if the wrong size clamps and actually paying sales tax make you melt down this bad. Deep breaths man, cool out.
Old 03-25-2018, 02:25 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by joejamesatou
This is why people hate working retail. Customers should come with warnings like "Entitled", "Obscene", "Tries to start fights". I don't know how you handle life if the wrong size clamps and actually paying sales tax make you melt down this bad. Deep breaths man, cool out.
Right?! Lmao “He said in a smart *** tone”; you just admitted to verbally assaulting him first and you wanted to fight him over him being human and making a mistake, but your upset that he replied to your childish behavior in a “smart *** tone”. Please don’t ever shop at my business.

If your description of the process of doing business here can be trusted and isn’t an over reaction or exaggeration, then it does sound a little frustrating. Simply take your business elsewhere rather than be a raging tool.

Last edited by BassAckwards; 03-25-2018 at 02:31 PM.
Old 03-25-2018, 02:38 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you big mad or little mad? Maybe you just had a bad day. Keep in mind this store just recently opened. Maybe these people you dealt with are still learning how to do there jobs, where to find things. I've ordered quite a few things recently and never had any issues with Summit.
Old 03-27-2018, 07:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think Jegs charges sales tax now also
Old 03-27-2018, 09:41 PM
Staging Lane

It is so good to see that there are so many here in the area that never have an issue with anything that does not go right. Something so simple as someone unable to order the correct parts. No doubt you are hypocrites or you are of the species nonhuman. I was surprised that he didn't ask me if the clamps I wanted go to a car with an auto trans or manual trans. If I had to tell him that the car was a Nova he would have said, "what's a Nova." No body forced any of them to apply for the job. This is indicative of the lost art called Customer Service, that hardly exist any longer. If you want me to spend my hard earned money at your place of business then you better act like you want it and you want me to come back. You guys watch too much Ophra. And Jegs does not charge sales tax for items shipped to Texas.
Old 03-28-2018, 07:27 AM
TECH Resident

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by TXjeepTJ
I think Jegs charges sales tax now also
Not in Texas. They do if you are in the state where there store is located, such as Ohio.....same as Summit now. Just placed and order from Jegs yesterday....no tax...

T,
Old 03-28-2018, 10:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

As usual on the interwebs, we have only heard one side of the story.

Lost art of customer service? When one goes spouting **** this and **** that, yeah, you get no customer service.
Old 03-28-2018, 05:41 PM
TECH Resident

If you run into an ******* first thing in the morning chances are, you just ran into an *******. If you run into ******** all day long chances are......LOL
Old 03-28-2018, 10:47 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rayrat
It is so good to see that there are so many here in the area that never have an issue with anything that does not go right. Something so simple as someone unable to order the correct parts. No doubt you are hypocrites or you are of the species nonhuman. I was surprised that he didn't ask me if the clamps I wanted go to a car with an auto trans or manual trans. If I had to tell him that the car was a Nova he would have said, "what's a Nova." No body forced any of them to apply for the job. This is indicative of the lost art called Customer Service, that hardly exist any longer. If you want me to spend my hard earned money at your place of business then you better act like you want it and you want me to come back. You guys watch too much Ophra. And Jegs does not charge sales tax for items shipped to Texas.
lmao you are hysterical, of course I have things that go wrong. I just payed $20k for an engine and misc suspension parts and they forgot to give me adapters to make my wiring harness work with the new injectors. I calmly call them and let them know what I need because I’m an adult and understand they are human and make mistakes. I receive them next day and the adapters were backwards from what I needed. I again calmly called them and let them know, and I got the correct ones the next day shipped to my door. I didn’t freak out, call anybody names, or wish I could strangle them through the phone. Would it have been nice to have had them from the beginning? Of course, I took a week of vacation to try to put this motor together, so time was of the essence. Was it worth getting pissed off about? Hell no!

Or how about the Racetronix fuel pump I ordered and the wiring harness had zero instructions? Frustrating? Sure. Had to sign up for their forum and wait 2 days to get approved to see instructions online.

I could go go on and on, but you’re just that type of customer that I don’t want or need.

You should really look into anger management if things like this really drive that type of reaction out of you. Do you just wake up in the morning telling yourself you’re going to have a bad day?
Old 03-28-2018, 11:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 57 Likes on 51 Posts

I prefer buying from Summit Racing. I've never have been give a hassle if I wanted to return something, price match, or anything that I can remember.
A thread came up sometime ago about being taxed and I found out they will lower the price and match Jegs or whoever including tax.

Last edited by 383z; 03-31-2018 at 10:18 AM.
Old 03-29-2018, 07:00 AM
TECH Resident

383, good to know. Thanks
Old 03-29-2018, 09:01 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1,114 Likes on 613 Posts

Rayrat, we're sorry that you had a problem in our new store. We built Summit Texas to get parts into the hands of enthusiasts, racers, and builders quicker. The entire purpose of our Arlington location is to carry more parts in stock for faster delivery to Texas and surrounding states.

You did not have a good customer experience and we're going to fix that. We train extensively to make sure we never leave a customer unsatisfied. We value your feedback because it gives us an opportunity to fix our processes and serve you better.

For the benefit of others reading the thread, you can give a part number to our cashiers and the parts will be brought to you from our warehouse quickly. Our warehouse is Texas-sized, but our goal is to amaze you with how fast we get parts into your hands vs. out-of-state mail-order companies. We also offer internet ordering with in-store pick up to make picking up parts quicker and easier even yet.

Either way, we’ll continue to explore other ways to enhance our in-store ordering process. We value your business and would love the opportunity to earn your trust back.

Stephen is our retail Manager at our Texas location and wants to ensure everyone has a good experience. We would love to have you visit with us again and will do everything we can to make things right. Please message us a reply and we will email you asap.

800-230-3030
www.SummitRacing.com

Last edited by Summitracing; 03-30-2018 at 12:28 PM.
Old 03-29-2018, 09:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey ********, why don't you look your own **** up online to ensure it's correct instead of whining like dick, never had an issue at Summit cause I look my own
stuff up, jeez ******* grow up.

Last edited by qweedqwag; 04-26-2018 at 09:45 PM.
Old 04-01-2018, 10:45 PM
Teching In

383 good info! Summit has always been good to me.
Old 04-03-2018, 09:47 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Went in, bought parts, went home, installed parts, had fun, lost a race, will go back for faster parts!!

I like Summit, glad they are here!

Chad
Old 04-03-2018, 09:49 AM
Staging Lane

It's a never ending cycle.

Search this Thread