houston / surrounding shops with great rep

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2018, 06:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Default houston / surrounding shops with great rep

I want my garage back from my 69 Camaro. It's been 2.5 years since I last drove it. The paint/body/chassis/engine/trans/brakes is done. Is there a shop that can finish this damn thing for me? I'm out of time, motivation and talent. I'd like to drop it at one spot for all of the finishing details. here is my shopping list that I would need done.

Vintage Air System
completely re-wire car with American autowire kit and Dominator EFI
possibly install new fuel system (dual phantom)

I can be a little OCD, so I'm willing to drive to get the right reputation/shop for the job. I want to tow it in, and drive it home with cold AC.

Last edited by TXsilverado; 05-31-2018 at 06:55 PM.
Old 06-05-2018, 08:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is a great looking car! I'm sure there are others but Bumberra's in Katy has a good rep. I've also used Vettetech in Katy and he's done a good job for me. He always has old vettes in his shop.
Old 06-11-2018, 04:04 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bad chad is the man to go to
Old 06-12-2018, 05:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I found a shop to do the vintage air, and gave a deposit for for part ordering. I'm basically down to needing a shop to sell me dominator EFI and install it along with american autowire classic update kit. Of the companies that I've reached out to, LSX Power Tuning has been the most informative and spent the most time asking questions and offering suggestions. hopefully the estimate doesn't hurt my feelings too bad LOL.
Old 06-21-2018, 11:55 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hear nothing but good things about Bad Chad and this sounds right up his alley. I would certainly give him a call.

Originally Posted by gesto
That is a great looking car! I'm sure there are others but Bumberra's in Katy has a good rep. I've also used Vettetech in Katy and he's done a good job for me. He always has old vettes in his shop.
No clue about Bumberra's, but I have some friends that used to use Vettetech, but have had very mixed results repeatedly the last several years. Having to take things back 2 or 3 times to get it fixed and having him blame the help he has hired. Leaving cars unlocked out front all day with the keys in them and other boneheaded stuff. If I had a ride like the OP, I would not trust it to Vettetech.
Old 06-24-2018, 02:27 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Camaro Concepts off of Blalock, can handle your complete list. First gen Camaros is what they do best
Old 06-24-2018, 03:39 PM
Sex On Wheels

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by SlvrSierra4.8
Camaro Concepts off of Blalock, can handle your complete list. First gen Camaros is what they do best
Camaro concepts would be a great option. Not sure how familiar they are with the holley stuff tho. Bumberas likely is and i've seen some of their work and it looks great.

Holley is pretty easy to install as is the AAW kit so i'm sure they could handle it.

Glad you're back working on this!
Old 07-02-2018, 02:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bad chad