Newbie LS Swap help in Northern Dallas Area

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2018, 07:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie LS Swap help in Northern Dallas Area

Not new to building custom cars, but new to LS Swaps. I purchased a car with an LS 6.0 already mounted in the car, and engine harness. But I need to do EVERYTHING else and honestly I have no idea where to start. Really just needing some guidance and perhaps a hand in getting all the parts and getting it started. Rather pay someone to come give me some guidance so I can learn than just drop it at a shop. I'm in the McKinney area right off 75.

Thanks

Jeff
Old 12-17-2018, 09:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

a little late to the forum but welcome, I believe there is a custom section in board somewhere where you'll get most help.

do you have any fuel setups? what harness do you have? what car is it going in? auto or manual
??
Old 12-17-2018, 09:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by txh0tb0i972
a little late to the forum but welcome, I believe there is a custom section in board somewhere where you'll get most help.

do you have any fuel setups? what harness do you have? what car is it going in? auto or manual
??
yeah most forums are dead now but thought I may catch someone still on here.

I purchased a Walbro external pump but no lines yet. The harness is a reworked stock harness, it is the stock trans 4l80. Entire unit was pulled from a running 2004 Escalade. I build lowriders, engine is in a rare early 80s Cadillac Lecabriolet. Basically a coach built convertible made from a Coupe Deville back in 1980.
Old 12-19-2018, 07:38 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You are heading down the wrong path with an external fuel pump imho. Sit in traffic during a hot summer day and that pump is going to cook....

Don