Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2004, 09:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude I hope you get your stuff. If not the motor at least your money back. People like that ruin things for everyone else
Old 07-13-2004, 07:52 PM
Launching!

thanks for all the info guys.
Old 07-14-2004, 10:33 AM
Badass pool player

Update:

I spoke at length with Kevin Franks this morning in person and his version of events differs 100% from Mike Traylor's. It appears like there is going to be no easy resolution of this situation as Kevin claims that he hasn't been paid for the motor and Mike claims that he has paid Kevin.

Jim, the bottom line here is that you're being deceived by one of the parties. I don't know which one and am not going to attempt to guess or offer an opinion as it isn't my place or position to do.

I can say 100% that the way the situation looks now, you're not going to receive your motor or your funds back without civil or criminal action being taken against the parties involved here in Texas.

Last edited by poolfanatic; 07-14-2004 at 12:38 PM.
Old 07-14-2004, 10:39 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

In this situation, I would hold the seller responsible. Jim paid Mike, therefore Mike is solely responsible for the transaction. Mike received and deposited the money, and it is his responsibility to provide the goods, or a refund. If he did pay Kevin for the engine, and didn't receive any sort of confirmation or receipt, that is his own negligence. He is still responsible.

Press charges on Mike. If Mike wants to press charges on Kevin, that is their deal, not Jim's.
Old 07-14-2004, 03:31 PM
Fiery Features Director

Jim, I have tried everything I can. Obviously they aren't going to take responsibility. What have the police in Texas said about the situation? Can they pick up them on theft or fraud charges? Can you prove that you sent the money and it was cashed/deposited? If so, I think from this point you will have to rely on the legal system to get your money back. Good luck!
Old 07-14-2004, 03:51 PM
Banned

Wow I have been watching this thread for a while, since BADZ inquired about the 408 for sale.

Man I wish the best of luck , but I would have to agree with Tony, you need to go after Mike, if he is the one that deposited the money. Then he will have to take up his personal business with Kevin.

good luck
JET

PS call the police and have them picked up, I would make sure that I got my money or motor
Old 07-14-2004, 04:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Traylor, Michael W
14467 Fm 1484 Rd
Conroe, TX 77303-4143
(936) 264-3169
Old 07-14-2004, 10:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Jim how did you pay for the motor? Did you use a cashiers check or a money order?
Old 07-15-2004, 06:25 AM
Launching!

cashiers check
Old 07-15-2004, 10:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Did you get the check at your bank? I work at a bank and when we sell cashiers checks we keep close eye on them. If you go up to the bank you should be able to find out who cashed/deposited it. If nothing else the back can trace it and find out what bank and what acct it was deposited into.

Did you make it out to both persons?
Old 07-15-2004, 05:14 PM
Launching!

Mike recieved the money,put it into his account and withdrew the funds to give to Kevin.Kevin says he never got the money and Mike said he did
Old 07-15-2004, 05:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

then basically, this is all on Mike's head right now, and from his -- shall we say "spotty" -- background, it's reasonable to assume that Kevin never did receive any money. at the very least, since he did not get any documentation that he paid Kevin, he is responsible for it. you don't just hand someone thousands of dollars and not have any form of documentation that you did so...it's just stupid.

i would come down full force on Mike with the law, the FBI should likely be involved, since the fraud has crossed state lines. that makes it a federal felony, and if he is convicted of being guilty, he will do some hard time.
Old 07-18-2004, 10:37 PM

Any news?
Old 03-01-2005, 05:26 PM
Staging Lane

Default Resurrection of this thread..he's back!

Hi folks-
I know this thread is old, but it does need to be resurrected to try to get this mess taken care of if it hasn't been already, because this guy is right back at screwing people again!

I see Kevin Franks has screwed some of you here too, as he just did us today as well. To say we were livid about this was the understatement of the year and I feel for you all! Hopefully you have resolved the issue to your favor by now, but in case you haven't and need further information, than I can oblige you with some new information now that we've dug up on the internet about this person and his "business".

Here is what we do know of him thus far:

Kevin Franks
d/b/a 713 Motorsports
1318 South Loop West
Houston, TX. 77045-4010 USA
(713)797-1182
(281)830-2921

His Corvette Forum screen name:
NBM-Y2K-VERT

His email address is:
wrkcar@aol.com

Here is a Mapquest Map to his current location:
MapQuest

He has royally screwed DTE by mis-representing some parts he had for sale on the internet and when he was called on it, he basically said we were wrong and in not so many words, told us to go get f***cked when we requested a refund. He wanted to "exchange" some items to try and cover up his lies, but after we were lied to three times already and now seeing what type of person this guy really is from simply searching Google, (that's how we found this thread) we don't want to have ANYTHING to do with him any longer in any way, shape or form. He's a liar and a thief and we will not let this rest until something is done to make this man face justice from screwing everyone he deals with! We now find it interesting that he has a criminal record a mile-long, so future buyers.....BEWARE!!!!!!

BTW- When I informed him that we would pursue legal litigation against him and make mention of this on the internet, he bluntly stated "I don't really care". We and most of you now see who you're dealing with.....

How have you folks faired in this thus far?

Best Regards,
DTE
Old 03-01-2005, 05:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

when will people learn not to deal with these two guys

we definately need to do something about this Tony, send a warning to all ls1/6/mustang shops or something...
Old 03-01-2005, 05:40 PM
Staging Lane

If we would have known what type of crroks we were dealing with, we certainly would NOT have dealt with them at all... Does anyone live down there that can pay this jerk a visit?
Old 03-01-2005, 06:43 PM
Staging Lane

First Of All This Post Is Old And Has Been Resolved!!!!!
Good, now refund our money for the mis-represented parts you sold us like we requested and we'll call this "resolved" also. The thread IS old, but your dis-honest actions in dealing with the internet public are just as "new" as ever! Judging by your negative past in dealing with others, it seems as if some things NEVER change.....

Phill I Made A Deal To Solve This Problem With Your Wife Jenny . So Why Are You Bad Mouthing Me ?
A "deal" for who??? You???? That's what we thought.... We gave you PLENTY of opportunities to make this right by issuing a refund as we requested and you continually refused... We warned you of the consequences of your actions if you forced this hand upon us, but you chose to neglect them anyway. You stated that you "didn't care" what our re-actions were to this, but NOW it seems as you do...... We are re-acting legally to your current actions, (or lack thereof) as you were informed DTE would do if we had too. You simply didn't care....not then and obviously not now either........

I Also Tried Too Deal With You But All You Could Do Was Hang Up The Phone In My Face Like A Child!!
There is only ONE resolution to this issue...refund our $1700...period! There is no need for more talking and listening to your royal B.S. any longer...period. We're far too angry to deal with you anymore on the phone, so all you have to do- is do the right thing and refund our money you hosed us out of, we'll then send this junk back to you and the legal proceedings/internet informing will cease promptly.

The choice is yours on how DTE will continue to proceed with this issue and you alone will determine your future regarding this, as we will NOT let this issue alone until a refund arrives in the mail....period! After we searched police records with your name on the internet, it seems as you're certainly no stranger to dealing with the long arm of the law! This is ONLY the first day and you were warned about this in plenty of time to rectify the situtation, so make the right decision now.......

We are done speaking with you.......

We do hope that all of you that were taken by this chap got your issue resolved as well, as we will make it a point to see that others are informed of this person's actions so no one else has to go through what we've had to in the last couple of weeks......

DTE
Old 03-01-2005, 07:39 PM
10-Second Club

Anyone have photos of these guys? Be nice to know who not to buy stuff from.
Old 03-01-2005, 10:35 PM
Staging Lane

To let everybody in on a secret Mike gave his 427 motor to Jim inplace of the 408 because Kevin never sent out the motor. So the Jim issue is over. This between Kevin and DTE. So please leave Mike out of this.

Thanks
Old 03-01-2005, 11:04 PM
TECH Junkie

wow the drama!