Transmission shop in Houston for 4L60E

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2024, 04:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission shop in Houston for 4L60E

I've got 240,000 miles on my 4L60E, and it's starting to act "funny" (under loads, it pops out of gear with really loud clashing noises, for 20 seconds or so, then resumes). I figure it's time for a rebuild. I'd also like to get some durability upgrades during the rebuild (sun shell and all the other recommended ones). Anyone know of a good shop in the Houston area? I'd always planned to use Circle D, but they won't work on 4L60E's anymore (and they wouldn't recommend another shop). I've heard good and bad about Century Transmission - what's the current thinking on them? And I welcome any other recommendations.
Thanks!
Reply Subscribe
Old 01-31-2024, 08:04 AM
Staging Lane

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Houston Automatic Transmission

Originally Posted by lee.gleason
I've got 240,000 miles on my 4L60E, and it's starting to act "funny" (under loads, it pops out of gear with really loud clashing noises, for 20 seconds or so, then resumes). I figure it's time for a rebuild. I'd also like to get some durability upgrades during the rebuild (sun shell and all the other recommended ones). Anyone know of a good shop in the Houston area? I'd always planned to use Circle D, but they won't work on 4L60E's anymore (and they wouldn't recommend another shop). I've heard good and bad about Century Transmission - what's the current thinking on them? And I welcome any other recommendations.
Thanks!
Reply Subscribe
Houston Automatic Transmission Scott Fortune 281-890-4400. Been in business for 40 years. 2 year 25,000 mile gurantee. I have 2001 Camaro with 750rwhp and their tranny handles this.

Old 01-31-2024, 09:38 AM
Staging Lane

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

You may want to check in with Kawabuggy, he's a member on here, I think he is in houston
Old 03-02-2024, 04:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Groesbeck
Houston Automatic Transmission Scott Fortune 281-890-4400. Been in business for 40 years. 2 year 25,000 mile gurantee. I have 2001 Camaro with 750rwhp and their tranny handles this.
+1 Houston Automatic Transmissions on 249
These guys were our go-to at work for a long time before we sold. Between our work trucks hauling construction equipment all over TX and employees' personal vehicles I can't recall how many times we used them but 30 would be a low guess. Nothing but positive experiences. Fwiw, we never had to send anything back. No leaking rear mains when they swapped them out either. Recently I tried a different place in Tomball strictly for convenience and it came back leaking everything.

Quick Reply: Transmission shop in Houston for 4L60E