Rio GRande Valley F-bods

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2004, 07:12 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For anyone whos interested..........if the weather turns out good........this friday the 24th promises to be a night of some awesome races for some of the low spots on our local boards here at the Edinburg International Raceway.

15920 N. Expressway 281
Edinburg, TX
Phone: (956) 318-0355
Old 09-21-2004, 09:21 AM
Teching In

Sup Bandits? JD, yes, I finally got on here. I've read it but never posted. As for the track this Friday, I'm definitely going to be there if weather permits. Kingsville dude, my mechanic is originally from Kingsville. His name is Edgar Cantu. He used to tear up the streets there a while back.
Old 09-21-2004, 11:07 AM
TECH Regular

Yeah, I met him at boardwars. He's actually a cousin of a real good friend of mine. Is he the man to go to for tuning, becaues I know i'll probably be needing a tune sometime this by the end of the year and I haven't heard of anybody else that does it around the area?
Old 09-22-2004, 09:32 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by rmata
Yeah, I met him at boardwars. He's actually a cousin of a real good friend of mine. Is he the man to go to for tuning, becaues I know i'll probably be needing a tune sometime this by the end of the year and I haven't heard of anybody else that does it around the area?
If you've got an LS1, he can tune it. He does a pretty good job.
Old 09-22-2004, 09:57 AM
On The Tree

representin raymondville again from camp pendleton california lol.. hey "carrotcarz" i knew pete zuniga yeah i also heard about his t/a getting messed up i dont know him very well but i know who he is is he a friend of yours??
Old 09-22-2004, 12:13 PM
11 Second Club

yeh hes a good friend of mine.....he moved over here to mission because of school. Nice to see everyone getting into this thread.

-Gabe
Old 09-22-2004, 12:47 PM
On The Tree

La Joya here, dont exactly have an ls1 car but like tib said, i have an ls1 powered truck. You prolly seen it around.
Old 09-22-2004, 01:31 PM
On The Tree

so man do you race alot? what team you with right now im representin Xtinction F-body racing here in Cali
Old 09-22-2004, 02:50 PM
TECH Regular

You guys need to let me know when theres going to be some big events because there quite a bit of guys here that like to go check em out and race. I've only taken my car one time last year, but I used to race my bike back a couple years ago all the time.
Old 09-23-2004, 03:16 PM
11 Second Club

This friday night is going to be some awesome racing here at the edinburg track. THeres about 6 or 7 races for spots on the local board....check it out for yourself at southtexasracing.com..........My car just has a few boltons and im at 13.4's right now...nothing special, and no im not in a team or anything. Go to edinburgracetrack.com for directions of any of ya'll dont kno where its at!!
Old 09-23-2004, 05:31 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by CarrotcarZ
This friday night is going to be some awesome racing here at the edinburg track. THeres about 6 or 7 races for spots on the local board....check it out for yourself at southtexasracing.com..........My car just has a few boltons and im at 13.4's right now...nothing special, and no im not in a team or anything. Go to edinburgracetrack.com for directions of any of ya'll dont kno where its at!!
Yup this friday is going to get HAWT!!! alot of good challenges that will make worth your dough.....hopefully it doesnt rain .... hey gabe like said....Team H.P.A has a spots open foooo
Old 09-24-2004, 12:14 PM
TECH Addict

So tonight you guys are going to the track? I was out last night driving around McAllen trying to find some races, but didn't find any except one stockish T/A that kept revving at me. Gabe, I think I saw you pulling into Fudruckers. Your car sounds good with the duals. If I can convince my g/f to go to the track tonight, I'll see you guys there.
Old 09-24-2004, 01:57 PM
11 Second Club

Hey KRAB........call me man so we can meet up for a little cruise to the track. Right now its just me and my friend w/ a black SS like yours. THAT WAS YOU??........u were the one that passed me at the light when i was turning right? Anyways anyone who wants to cruise to the track tonight call me at 458-9780 so we can setup a place to meet up.

-Gabe
Old 09-24-2004, 02:24 PM
TECH Addict

Hey KRAB........call me man so we can meet up for a little cruise to the track. Right now its just me and my friend w/ a black SS like yours. THAT WAS YOU??........u were the one that passed me at the light when i was turning right? Anyways anyone who wants to cruise to the track tonight call me at 458-9780 so we can setup a place to meet up.

-Gabe
Yeah, that was me passing you while you were turning at the light, my g/f was with me. I still don't know if I'm going tonight (it just rained around my house), but I'll let you know if I do go.

-Sebastian
Old 09-24-2004, 05:03 PM
Teching In

How do you get the URL of your pictures from CarDomain.com so I can post them on other websites?
I want to see those races tonight but I just checked out the weather radar and the rain is coming in from the North West and is definately going to soak the track. :-(
Old 09-24-2004, 08:19 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LS1 Bandit
How do you get the URL of your pictures from CarDomain.com so I can post them on other websites?
I want to see those races tonight but I just checked out the weather radar and the rain is coming in from the North West and is definately going to soak the track. :-(
Yup track was canceled........
Old 09-26-2004, 01:17 PM
11 Second Club

The races have been cancelled for two weeks in a row..........does this mean all the races are held up yet another week? Damn talk about anticipation. The BBQ was awesome, you shouldve gone danny.

-Gabe
Old 09-26-2004, 09:25 PM
TECH Addict

The races have been cancelled for two weeks in a row..........does this mean all the races are held up yet another week? Damn talk about anticipation. The BBQ was awesome, you shouldve gone danny.

-Gabe
I know man......but i had to work....one of my employees didnt show up.......i guess he wont be showing up no more
Old 09-26-2004, 09:30 PM
Launching!

check out my car domain page, im from weslaco, but im in the navy so im stationed in Washington.
http://members.cardomain.com/black98_transam
and im still looking for people to talk to from weslaco... that have T/As
Old 09-27-2004, 08:14 AM
Teching In

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Pinoyracer_18
check out my car domain page, im from weslaco, but im in the navy so im stationed in Washington.
http://members.cardomain.com/black98_transam
and im still looking for people to talk to from weslaco... that have T/As
Nice to see I'm not the only one rolling on the stock T/A wheels. Nice car. You wouldn't happen to know how to get the URL's from Cardomain so you can post the pics on other websites?

Quick Reply: Rio GRande Valley F-bods