Fun Night! Raced Zo6 & Pulled over by Trooper*LONG*

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2004, 01:35 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fun Night! Raced Zo6 & Pulled over by Trooper*LONG*

It was two separate events....I didnt get pulled over while racing.

My buddy comes in from dallas to hang out, and we get bored and decide to hit up 1960. So after cruising from 290-249 and not seeing anything, we start heading back towards 290 on 1960. On the way back we spot a yellow C5 waiting at the light to turn onto 1960. My buddy wants me to race him, so he has me pull into a parking lot and wait. As soon as i pull in and start to turn around the Vette cruises by. Sure enough, its a yellow ZO6. So i chase the guy down....get up to him around 50mph, and clutch it hard in second...get a little crooked, then take off, hoping he'll bite.
I slow back down and wait for him. I was going to give him every advantage in the world. So I dropped down in second, brought the RPMS up, and just looked at him and waited(were cruising at about 45mph). So he stabs it and puts probably 2 cars on me.....THEN i just start reeling his *** in. I reel his *** in and put a car on him just in second gear. Then i grab third...and the distance just starts accumulating...but i couldnt stay in it long being that were on 1960 and all, and im running factory 3.42's.
We run about 3 or 4 times....and same thing every time. I let him have the jump....he gets a couple cars, then MY powerband comes on strong in a big way and starts putting lengths on his ***.

So we cruise to whataburger on HWY6, get something to eat, and start heading back home-towards 1960. So im on hwy6 going towards 290, and theres a little SVT focus next to me. So for the hell of it-i downshifted into second, then grabbed third-topping the big hill before 290. Soon as i come over the hill my buddy yells "COP". So i step on the brakes hard, and about 2 seconds later-radar detector goes off. Its a Trooper...
I pull up to the light at 6 and 290, and he pulls up next to me. My buddy rolls his window down which is dark as hell....and the cop is yelling to me: "WHEN THAT LIGHT TURNS GREEN, YOU PULL INTO THAT CHEVRON OVER THERE-YOU UNDERSTAND ME???" So i say "yeah" and he yells again "YOU UNDERSTAND ME?!" "YES!!" i say.
I think the cop was a little worried i was gonna run But this is no good at all...Im sitting next to this cop camming hard.....Borla open plate.....NO CATS, 12% Tint,NO front liscense plate, 2AM,SPEEDING like a **** ...oh, and ive got a warrant for a Registration ticket that the COURT screwed up on a few months ago. So i immediately get my wallet out while im sitting at this light, pull all my cash out and hand it to my friend. "Ok daryn-hold onto this, and just follow us to the jail in my car and post bond for me" I tell him. I also call my girlfriend to come down to the gas station, told her i was about to go to jail.

So i hand him my liscense, and CHL, he asks "Do you have a weapon in the car" "NO" i say. Hell-he even forgot to ask for insurance. Brings out the tint meter-and it reads 10%. So i looked at him and said "why dont you cut me some slack?" he says" I AM cutting you some slack" He told me i was doing 73 in a 40. He writes me up for the speeding and Tint and that was it. I suppose not going to jail for speeding 33mph over is where he "cut me slack". So i fired the car back up, and that raspy borla just BLASTS back in his direction(im thinking im about to get another ticket), and drive off. He turns back down Hwy 6....So i go ahead and make another blast down the feeder road in celebration before I go home LOL.
I think the CHL helped me out......since you have to get an extensive background check for one of those, it shows your not a habitual criminal or something.

All in all....i was breaking a LOT of freakin laws, and i didnt go to jail, and i got to bully on a Zo6.....so it was a pretty fun night!
Old 12-04-2004, 01:51 PM
TECH Junkie

yeah your pretty lucky you didnt go to jail. Cops around here dont mess around any more! Couple of my friends have had to spend the night in jail for racing.

NICE KILL W/ Z06. and focus (not fair j/j)
Old 12-04-2004, 02:15 PM
TECH Addict

Yah your definetly lucky and you damn well know it !! Consider that your warning because next time you will learn the hard way 1960 hwy 6 arent race spots fool.
Old 12-04-2004, 02:16 PM
TECH Addict

HAHA, sounds like a fun night!!!! You are extremely lucky he didn't pop you for the lack of emissions and such.

Lemme get this straight.....I get put in the back of a Serriff's car for no front plate? And you only get a ticket for speeding and tint??
Old 12-04-2004, 02:19 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Onyx Z
HAHA, sounds like a fun night!!!! You are extremely lucky he didn't pop you for the lack of emissions and such.

Lemme get this straight.....I get put in the back of a Serriff's car for no front plate? And you only get a ticket for speeding and tint??
hahah...yep! And i was even telling my friend about you last night....how you got harrassed the way you were for plate.....and me breaking every law in the book and getting a courteous 'have a nice day" and let go.....by a DPS nonetheless! thats crazy!

But honestly.....ive never really been bs'ed hard by cops. A lot of it has to do with the way you talk to them from the get go. I started asking this guy if he was using POP radar made by MPH(which he said he was), and we started shooting the **** from there about radar detectors etc etc.
Old 12-04-2004, 03:35 PM
On The Tree

What was the troopers name? I work with a few of the local ones
Old 12-04-2004, 04:30 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by RamAirD98
What was the troopers name? I work with a few of the local ones
C. Gonzalez i think is what it says on the ticket. He was about 5'8-5'9 with glasses.
Old 12-04-2004, 11:13 PM
TECH Resident

i went to jail for almost the same **** as you did about 6 mouths ago.my freind robert and sara were with me to. i had no warrants on me at all or too dark of tint or anything illegal in my car, I didnt even have any speeding tickets on my record. but i was doing 135 on 249 with a cobra next to me.they impounded my car, they wouldnt let my freind take it home which was gay! kinda makes me pissed that he arrested us, (he said it was his first time doing it for this) to cuz i was polite to the cop even after me and the other guy in the cobra were in cuffs heading to jail. First I was in Cypresswood for 12 hours, then was moved to county for 52 hours, made it to the floor in my oranges. got in a fight at county also cuz this guy wanted my shoes but I took care of him lol. it sucked ***!!! I plan on never going there agian!

Last edited by John98LS1; 12-05-2004 at 12:55 PM.
Old 12-05-2004, 04:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Thats the same one that let me off with a warning for no front plate, and having my inspection 6 months out of date. When he asked about my exhaust thank god I had thoes cats stil on.
Old 12-05-2004, 05:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SJRTX
it shows your not a habitual criminal or something.

All in all....i was breaking a LOT of freakin laws

Old 12-05-2004, 12:30 PM
TECH Addict

btw you cant take defensive driving because its to much over the speed limit
Old 12-05-2004, 12:43 PM
TECH Junkie

thats right you cant take defensive driving!!! the 1st weekend after i had bought my car, when i was coming back from the track i got pulled over and I was going 96mph in the 65 and the cop said if i was going over 100 mph that he could of tooken me to jail!! Something about endangering other drivers, and some other crap!
Old 12-05-2004, 12:49 PM
Teching In

Damn J- thats some crazy ****!!!
Old 12-05-2004, 01:00 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by HiddenSS
Damn J- thats some crazy ****!!!
hell yea bro
Old 12-05-2004, 05:17 PM
12 Second Club

Nice work man. How about you invest in an electric cut out for your Borla?
Old 12-05-2004, 11:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

I don't think 1960 is a good place to race, too many cops. In fact, street racing really isn't worth going to jail for. It sure is tempting though, especially if someone in another car is trying to get you to bite.
Old 12-06-2004, 12:14 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Dean-o
It sure is tempting though, especially if someone in another car is trying to get you to bite.
Sure as hell is!!
Old 12-06-2004, 02:58 AM
TECH Resident

its not....i know-but when a z06 is ready to roll, so am I F*ck the police!

ps-im drunk right now
Old 12-06-2004, 02:59 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Bad Blu Formula
Nice work man. How about you invest in an electric cut out for your Borla?
next mod-believe me !
Old 12-06-2004, 06:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by jruss
btw you cant take defensive driving because its to much over the speed limit

Annnd you probably cant get insurance after they drop you either. Sounds like you had fun though.