View Poll Results: Friday night (1/14) grudge racing venue choice:
HRP
79.31%
HMP
20.69%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

HRP or HMP grudge racing this Friday night? Lets get some races set up!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2005, 09:40 PM
Texas Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike TexaSS
I wont be at the track friday as im having a dyno day at g-force on saturday and need to finish some customer cars and clean shop.

What are your plans for sunday?
Man, I thought by posting in this thread that you were going to be going to the track on Friday night. I'm not planning on going to the track on Sunday if I'm going on Friday though.
Old 01-13-2005, 10:00 PM
6600 rpm clutch dump of death Administrator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

We're going to be there... Anyone want to run a H/C Z06?
Old 01-13-2005, 10:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

i will race your zo6 just for fun though not trying to start any crap
Old 01-14-2005, 01:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

This sounds like alot of fun !! Car just isnt completely ready yet =(
Old 01-14-2005, 05:21 AM
10-Second Club

Well, it's looking like HRP for me tonight, Chris is taking my bottle to work to get it filled up since no one was at my local shop when I arrived, after calling to make sure someone would be there Hell I was even going to buy some beer for the fridge up there
Old 01-14-2005, 05:22 AM
10-Second Club

Oh ****, I forgot to leave it in the truck for him........DAMMMIT!
Old 01-14-2005, 06:18 AM
6600 rpm clutch dump of death Administrator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by boosted03cobra
i will race your zo6 just for fun though not trying to start any crap
Look us up, we'll have 2 black Z06s there. One is stock the other is not. We'll be there early....
Old 01-14-2005, 02:04 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by mmiller
As of now its 20 to 5 in favor of HRP. So it looks like most everyone is going to HRP. The only thing is, no one has officially set up any races yet. I haven't seen any of the Strictly guys post up. Lets get some races going! I'll be in an '01 white Z28. Come up and introduce yourself and maybe we can line 'em up.
Consider yourself challenged Matt!
Old 01-14-2005, 02:30 PM
Texas Director

Originally Posted by Larry
Consider yourself challenged Matt!
Uh oh. Now I'm really in trouble!
Old 01-14-2005, 06:50 PM
10-Second Club

Well, I'm finally on my way out the door to HRP now.....cya guys out there!
Old 01-15-2005, 12:21 AM
10-Second Club

Matt, do you have the old school Z badges & a Expedition hauler? I got there around 8ish & it looked like you just put it back on the trailer. Hope you didn't break anything....

Well, I got a new best tonight! Went 11.95 on motor, 11.27 on a 75 shot & 10.98 on a 100 shot Not bad for budget heads & a tiny cam & full weight car......
Old 01-15-2005, 12:29 AM
Texas Director

Originally Posted by Modsquad
Matt, do you have the old school Z badges & a Expedition hauler? I got there around 8ish & it looked like you just put it back on the trailer. Hope you didn't break anything....

Well, I got a new best tonight! Went 11.95 on motor, 11.27 on a 75 shot & 10.98 on a 100 shot Not bad for budget heads & a tiny cam & full weight car......
Yep, that was me. I had a tranny leak that one of the HRP guys saw in the staging lanes, thankfully. I only got two passes in, which sucked. J-Rod, in the H/C black Z06, and I had a really good race. BTW, the car is already at Advanced Racing Dynamics. Owen should have the car done by tomorrow though! If all goes well I might try and make it out to the Target meet.

My hat is off to Larry Sample. I won't post his time, but all I can say is - WOW!

Congats on your times Mark. Nice job!
Old 01-15-2005, 12:40 AM
10-Second Club

My hat is off to Larry Sample. I won't post his time, but all I can say is - WOW!

Ditto, he showed me his time slip & I was quite shocked! Not sure what his setup is but he's got my old Dual Dual I was going to put on so I'm glad I had a tiny bit to do with it (not)

I think I need to do some more suspension tuning, get the fuel system upgraded, get a bigger cam, cage, and I should be done for a while.

Jeremy, the younger guy that several people from here don't always agree with was out & had some good runs also, we lined up & he got me by a car from the tree although I had a lower ET. I was trying to stall to a certain RPM when the lights dropped & he cought me sleeping, lol. Good runs Jeremy!

I will say this, I know there has been some drama on the boards about him, but tonight he showed good sportsman ship, he learned some new stuff from my buddy that helped his 60' and he was all grins & having a great time at the track. I say the guy is just young & eager to learn...he's alright in my book
Old 01-15-2005, 12:50 AM
Texas Director

Originally Posted by Modsquad
Ditto, he showed me his time slip & I was quite shocked! Not sure what his setup is but he's got my old Dual Dual I was going to put on so I'm glad I had a tiny bit to do with it (not)

I think I need to do some more suspension tuning, get the fuel system upgraded, get a bigger cam, cage, and I should be done for a while.

Jeremy, the younger guy that several people from here don't always agree with was out & had some good runs also, we lined up & he got me by a car from the tree although I had a lower ET. I was trying to stall to a certain RPM when the lights dropped & he cought me sleeping, lol. Good runs Jeremy!

I will say this, I know there has been some drama on the boards about him, but tonight he showed good sportsman ship, he learned some new stuff from my buddy that helped his 60' and he was all grins & having a great time at the track. I say the guy is just young & eager to learn...he's alright in my book
Are you talking about Blackbeasst? I've never met the guy, but he'd be OK if he wouldn't ask so many stupid questions over and over. He just comes across as a very immature and insecure person. Dunno though. Maybe he's OK in person. I'd like to meet him some time.

Do you know who was in the black SS/Z28 that had the 28" slicks on it? That car hooked and rolled big-time!
Old 01-15-2005, 12:54 AM
10-Second Club

Yeah I saw it! Not sure if they were 28" or 29"....they were friggin huge tho! Jeremy was right in front of him on one line up, that's when I saw that car, also saw it in the pits....It was just too busy for me to setup any runs after I got my initial runs in I wanted to do for myself....maybe next time....maybe this Sunday
Old 01-15-2005, 02:05 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by J-Rod
Look us up, we'll have 2 black Z06s there. One is stock the other is not. We'll be there early....
not as early as me

Your car is very very nice!
Old 01-15-2005, 03:15 AM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Marc, thanks for positive comments. Nice run by the way. I knew when Gary told me what you ran on the on 75 shot, I knew what to expect on the 100 shot. I knew it was close. I cut a .199 reaction time on that last run, but the damn tranny didnt want to shift into 3rd, hit the limiter 3 times, and finally went it and there you were. That was my 10 sec. timeslip, but my tranny took that away from me. No doubt, your car is very impressive for a full weight car, small cam, etc. But I still won, Damn tranny pisses me off, Im thinking of switching over to a manual valvebody. We'll see. Oh yea, Gary, if youre reading this, thanks for the tips.

I know that I can be repetitive in my questions because sometimes I dont understand the answers I do get. Sometimes the info I get isnt enough for me to see it clearly, sometimes its too much info and I just get confused. Then there are sometimes where I dont get answers at all, but I can see why. I use the search feature more often now because this site is 4 years old I believe now and I know almost everything has been covered at one time or another. Not all, but most. Then there are those specific questions that the search engine doesnt pick up. I know things would settle down if people would just ease up a bit. Ive backed off and I hope others will too. The search engine and I have become good friends.

The guy with the 28" slicks I met, I dont remember his name, but a very nice guy. He's running heads and cam, TH350, 100 shot, etc. running low 10s. Very stout car.
Old 01-15-2005, 05:08 AM
10-Second Club

Well, I'm just glad to see you out there enjoying yourself like you were! It's good to have some friendly competition. As for the tree, I cut a .047 tree so don't get too happy, we'll race from the tree more in the future once I get my safety gear sorted out or we can do 1/8th mile Cya round! I'll get going to G-force today if you want to head up there, I'll be going after I get off work at 11am, so I should be there around 12:30-1 or so.......my number is still the same if you ever need help with something (besides manual valve autos ).
Old 01-15-2005, 06:27 AM
TECH Addict

Yep, that was me. I had a tranny leak that one of the HRP guys saw in the staging lanes, thankfully. I only got two passes in, which sucked. J-Rod, in the H/C black Z06, and I had a really good race. BTW, the car is already at Advanced Racing Dynamics. Owen should have the car done by tomorrow though! If all goes well I might try and make it out to the Target meet.

Thanks to you and Mark for the kind words! Sorry you developed that tranny leak. Hopefully you will be up and running real quick.

Yep, it was Mark's Dual/Dual that let me run a 10.778 @ 122.64 mph. 60' = 1.444

Thanks for racing Russell(my son) Mark. You should have given him a little shot of nitrous on that race. He ran a 11.31 @ 121.7? mph but only a 1.70 60'. He has a problem often getting that 5 speed launched. I keep telling him he needs an automatic.

Had a good time and thanks for setting this up Matt.

No racing for me for the next week. Headed on a cruise this morning!
Old 01-15-2005, 12:13 PM
10-Second Club

It was good seeing you out & your son as well, I haven't met him before but that was a good run. That was my first pass for the night & I wanted to run her on motor & get a feel for the ET streets & skinnies since that was my first time to the track with them. I ended up going 11.27 on the 75 shot, that would have been a good run for your son & I

Quick Reply: HRP or HMP grudge racing this Friday night? Lets get some races set up!!