Sonic/ Little Rd. Tonight?!?! (FridayNight)

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2005 | 11:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Sonic/ Little Rd. Tonight?!?! (FridayNight)

I kinda heard what happened, but does anybody know anymore details? For those who didn't hear, everybody was hanging out at the Sonic on Little Rd(Like we do every Friday night) and out of the blue 6 cops showed up and made everybody sit on the ground and they ran everybodys cars trying to nail anybody for anything. Oh, this is what a friend of mine told me(that was there) so it may be a little different.
Old 02-05-2005 | 01:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

no one had to stay unless there was PC... all you have to ask, "AM I FREE TO GO OR ARE YOU DETAINING ME?"

This is the typical stupid **** that pisses me off about Arlington police. Takes 2.5 hours for anyone to show up to when my single-mother of two's house got broken into. But all hell breaks loose when people are trying to chill out. **** EM
What time did it happen?

Last edited by Josh McGrath; 02-05-2005 at 01:23 AM. Reason: Would help if I read the whole post
Old 02-05-2005 | 01:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

damn.. that sucks even the ppl parked at sonic?
glad i didn't go this weekend

how'd you do at k'dale?
Old 02-05-2005 | 01:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

He punked out He didn't want to get tore up by me

I'm glad I didn't go to sonic. I finished polishing up the wheels on the car and I thought about heading out there. I'm glad I didn't
Old 02-05-2005 | 03:53 AM
TECH Resident

Manager apparently called Arlington and complained. APD came out and was a little perturbed but overall, if you were parked at Sonic, and buying something, they were pretty cool.
Of course, there are always the A-holes that thought by beeking off that they were gonna 'be somebody.'.....that was not appreciated by officers or by the majority of the crowd.
I was really happy to see a number of the attendee's get in the face of the loud mouths.
Wife and I were there...we sat on the ground too. It was pretty fun!

Kev
Old 02-05-2005 | 08:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Did the cops give you any crap Kavin?
Old 02-05-2005 | 08:41 AM
Ginger Hater

kev....which car did you role up there in
Old 02-05-2005 | 06:42 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by bottlefed5.0
Did the cops give you any crap Kavin?
No, It was funny though....I recognized 2 of them when they started goin thru the crowd. Besides, I'm too old...I don't look like I'd be any kind of trouble...lol
Old 02-05-2005 | 06:43 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Spazdout
kev....which car did you role up there in
I came through in my truck initially (I was on my way home from dinner.) I went home and came back in my patrol car (Z28.)
Old 02-05-2005 | 06:52 PM
Ginger Hater

Originally Posted by K9Kev
I came through in my truck initially (I was on my way home from dinner.) I went home and came back in my patrol car (Z28.)
did they say anything a/b you just sitting there with your patrol car?
Old 02-05-2005 | 08:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

How does the car look? You taking care of it now?

I wonder what the cops would have said to you if you had been there in the patrol car to begin with
Old 02-05-2005 | 10:51 PM
On The Tree

its empty tonight
Old 02-06-2005 | 01:10 AM
Ginger Hater

Hmm....the next meet might actually have to be moved to a more friendly spot.
Old 02-06-2005 | 01:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Cops around her used to run us off from everywhere we went. Everyone just chillin etc. Doesnt happen anymore because no one gets out... Gota drive 80+ miles for a fun night.... Speaking of... next weekend????
Old 02-06-2005 | 01:22 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 01 Red WS6
I wonder what the cops would have said to you if you had been there in the patrol car to begin with
I was in the work car when they arrived. Pay attention !!! ....lol.
Old 02-06-2005 | 01:36 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Spazdout
Hmm....the next meet might actually have to be moved to a more friendly spot.
I was a bit confused by the 'supposed' call from the manager of the Sonic. This location has been a meeting place for quite some time and it was surprising that they had called and complained.
I understand APD's actions regarding the complaint however, I had been there approx. 15 minutes and had not seen any of the hooligan type behavior they were speaking of. In fact, it was pretty quiet except for a few loser's driving thru the lot at like 30 mph. The one's driving through though were not stopping, and were only driving past. Ok, wait for those yahoo's but, if there is a problem in the lot, as the manager, he/she should have come out and addressed the concern's with the people at the business rather than calling the police.
I also have to wonder what exactly was said when Sonic called APD. Arlington responded in force and was not taking any guff from anybody. It seemed odd to me. I am thinking that the Sonic staff may have 'embelished' the description of what was going on and thus...APD's response.
I can tell you, from my standpoint, I will NEVER go back to that Sonic. Wife and I were having our drinks and had made a purchase right after we arrived. If the resturaunt does not want our business, or takes my money, then calls the police, I WILL NOT GO BACK.
Several years ago I was seriously looking into setting up GTG's and having the police department sponsor/oversee them. I know a ton of you are just looking for a place to hang and talk and it's a shame that this can't be accomplished without this kind of incident. There are always a few who come out and look for trouble however, I don't think it should ruin it for everyone else. It's been many (many...) years since I was involved in cruising but, I got a first hand look at what many of you go through each weekend.
Due to my job, I see both sides of the topic. I am sure though that there is some happy middle ground. I just wish Northlake was a little more central for most of you. I would be interested in hosting GTG's in the area if I had enough interest. Police hosted/attended GTG's could be a blast. They could help heal some of the bad feelings that past encounters have brought, and I could weed out the edge clan that ruins things for others. Millie is organizing some neat stuff, but it would be nice to have a more spontanious place to be able to show up at with only a few days notice. Heck, I know if it were a controlled event that there has got to be some businesses out there that would be happy to have you all.
It may be a utopian idea but, if any of you are interested, let me know and I'll see what I can come up with.

Ya'll be safe, and remember....most police officer's don't have it out for you....contrary to popular opinion

Kev

Last edited by K9Kev; 02-06-2005 at 01:44 PM.
Old 02-06-2005 | 01:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks Kevin. That would be cool to have a PD sponcered GTG. The funny thing is they also went to the "Sargents" Parking lot off of Cooper St and the same cops ran them off from there too. I guess there is just no empty parking lot in arlington that we can just hang out in.
Old 02-06-2005 | 02:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for the props, Kevin!!!!!!! .....so far, so good as far as the Plano GTG is concerned. Week before last, Sgt. Mary Beth Jones came out and was SUPER nice......SHE even calmed down the Walmart security guard who was gettin in her face about the *** hat on the 4-wheeler (he didn't know we'd already taken care of that situation). She gave me her cell phone # and said she'd send some patrol officers that were car enthusiasts out to roll thru on Tuesdays.

I'm really sorry that happened to y'all!! It sucks when you can't just get together & have a good time with friends looking at cars without being hassled and run off......

.....and let me say that you and Mr. Skulltat, Mr. Domestic Violence, and Mr. GoldZ (and others on the boards that are in law enforecement) are REALLY great people to have as friends and fellow car-nuts. I so appreciate all the advice and encouragement y'all have given me in my efforts!!!!!! Thank you!!!!
Old 02-06-2005 | 09:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

I was in the work car when they arrived. Pay attention !!! ....lol.
My bad I didn't read well enough

I think you have a great idea Kevin. I know there was one time that I went up to sonic that police came out. Went around asking a few people somethings. When the officer came over to me he just said hi and asked if I had seen anything that he needed to know about. I kind of knew him and he recognized me so I didn't think anything of him showing up
Old 02-07-2005 | 04:05 AM
Staging Lane

Well what to say, the deal with APD is they were doing there job with the exception of the Sargent on duty that night.. He is well know on being an a$$. Anyway, We get this all the time.. it's like a pinball game.. We go to Sonic, and when we get's too big, the cops break it up.. We move to Cici, Sonic losses money and waits for the cops to break up the cici thing.. We move back to Sonic and everything is okay until it get's big again and they call the cops.. this is our story year after year.. I just wish we could find a sponser that would let us just hang out..