Pics of BRAD-2's destroyed motor!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 10:19 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AAron
none after i got the relocation brakets.
And had someone else install it. But your car's butt stuck way up in the air. Brad's car is lowered. Different set of clearance requirements.

Last edited by CySevans; 02-14-2005 at 11:12 AM.
Old 02-14-2005, 11:19 AM
TECH Addict

but the rear end raised it. and the only reason i had some one install it is because i didnt have a press for the bearings or a grinder for the backing plates.

oh and an aftermarket sway bar would actually make mounting it easier.
Old 02-15-2005, 08:48 AM
On The Tree

it looks like what happened to my ta .......i had the suncoast cai and and it has one bolt that holds teh air box down the bol didn have a nut on it but it seemd pretty sturdy ...das how i bout the car.......but i guess after i put on the tb spacer and i descreened teh maf i guess the bold looseend up and and the bolt slipped through .......fell through the manifold into the block snapped a pushrood and cracked the block .........horrible event .......but hey i got a brand new rebuilt 00 vette motor hehe runs waaaaaaaaaay better and a new clutch .......good things come from unfortunate events
Old 02-15-2005, 09:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CySevans
if anyone would be suspect in this tragedy, it would be Suncoast for not providing a more safe and secure method for bolting the airbox down
I have a buddy here in Waco who this exact same thing happened to, hmm, a year and a half ago? He has a Suncoast Raptor hood (Formula) and their airbox. He sucked one of the airbox bolts in to his motor, but it wedged between the valve and the seat. He got lucky. 1 new valve and a valve job, and he was back in business. And his MAF was descreened as well.
Old 02-15-2005, 09:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

well guys i finally decided what the car is going to be replaced with. it's going to be a 347 forged and slappin an X1 cam in there. so not to much but i think i will like it. i do have to say thnks to mike for working with me on this.
Old 02-15-2005, 09:38 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Camaroholic
I have a buddy here in Waco who this exact same thing happened to, hmm, a year and a half ago? He has a Suncoast Raptor hood (Formula) and their airbox. He sucked one of the airbox bolts in to his motor, but it wedged between the valve and the seat. He got lucky. 1 new valve and a valve job, and he was back in business. And his MAF was descreened as well.
If not for the de-screening of the MAF, I smell "class action". Unfortunately, thier defense will be all about people having descreened the MAF.
Old 02-15-2005, 09:40 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by B-RAD2
well guys i finally decided what the car is going to be replaced with. it's going to be a 347 forged and slappin an X1 cam in there. so not to much but i think i will like it. i do have to say thnks to mike for working with me on this.
Cool!
Old 02-15-2005, 01:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Cool!
ya the headers will come later with more money
Old 02-15-2005, 01:53 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by B-RAD2
ya the headers will come later with more money
You do know that cam without headers and LS6 intake won't give you a whole lot of gain, right? Need to get more air in and out of the motor to take advantage of that cam, especially if you're sticking with the stock displacement. Just food for thought. And installation would be a whole lot easier with the motor out of the car.

What about using some shorty headers for now? Those can use the stock Y-pipe. That would be better than nothing, IMO. And try to find an LS6 intake. You won't regret it. I got a net 20HP gain just by switching out the intake after I had the cam and headers on the car.
Old 02-15-2005, 04:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You do know that cam without headers and LS6 intake won't give you a whole lot of gain, right? Need to get more air in and out of the motor to take advantage of that cam, especially if you're sticking with the stock displacement. Just food for thought. And installation would be a whole lot easier with the motor out of the car.

What about using some shorty headers for now? Those can use the stock Y-pipe. That would be better than nothing, IMO. And try to find an LS6 intake. You won't regret it. I got a net 20HP gain just by switching out the intake after I had the cam and headers on the car.

Vince he is aware of all of these options and knows of the benefits but he is a Navy boy on a serious budget!
Old 02-15-2005, 04:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

ya trust me i know what i need to get more hp but i am stretched to my limits on this as it is now. but headers and intake are in the works soon. hey i always exept donations
Old 02-16-2005, 12:06 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Angus
Vince he is aware of all of these options and knows of the benefits but he is a Navy boy on a serious budget!
Okey Dokey.

As for donations, Angus, why don't you take all these stock parts and sell them off to help cover the cost of an intake. They went with the car, anyway.
Old 02-16-2005, 09:35 AM
TECH Addict

um you seem to forget my car had stock manifolds, y-pipe and cats and still had 400 at the rear wheels
Old 02-16-2005, 09:39 AM
TECH Junkie

Okey Dokey.

As for donations, Angus, why don't you take all these stock parts and sell them off to help cover the cost of an intake. They went with the car, anyway.

Thanks Vince... Make me do more stuff.
Old 02-16-2005, 09:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

thats funny angus
Old 02-16-2005, 09:45 AM
TECH Junkie

I also got a radar for our drive to Seattle Brad.
Old 02-16-2005, 09:49 AM
TECH Addict

um you seem to forget my car had stock manifolds, y-pipe and cats and still had 400 at the rear wheels
What year was yours again?
Old 02-16-2005, 10:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Angus
I also got a radar for our drive to Seattle Brad.
Sweet
Old 02-16-2005, 11:31 AM
TECH Addict

What year was yours again?
'01 but still restrictive. not as bad as a '99 but still suck *** flow.
Old 02-16-2005, 03:16 PM
TECH Addict

'01 but still restrictive. not as bad as a '99 but still suck *** flow.
I'm guessing Brad will see 380-390rwhp. Should be interesting to prove me wrong.

Quick Reply: Pics of BRAD-2's destroyed motor!!!