Creepy lecture on Vodu

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 02:41 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Creepy lecture on Vodu

I went to class and prof was gone and TAs were teaching the class, they all talk about their field of study. So the first two are boring as ****, like man I wanted to die. They call you out if you leave so I really had no options. The last TA, this kinda over weight guy, I thought he would be boring too because he said his field of study was religons of Hispanola in Haiti. He starts his presenation and its some creepy *** ****, aparently they practice Vodu, its actually spelled like that. Its like a mixture of stuff from Africa and peaces of Catholicism. There was a couple slides of animal sacrafice but then he starts talking about "spirit possesion." I was like yea right thats b.s, so he then starts talking about how they prove they are possed. He was saying they do stuff like drink kerosine, bend knives on their throat, burn them selves and not get hurt. I was like wtf mate, I didnt know people like that existsed other than bad USA movies. Creepy stuff, fact is stranger than fiction.
Old 03-09-2005, 03:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like the same TA I had. I take your at UofH? Love them freaky TA's. lol
Old 03-10-2005, 02:00 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Yea at U of H, guys name was like Tim or some thing
Old 03-10-2005, 09:30 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rent the movie "The Serpent and the Rainbow" it about the exact stuff your talking about. Or you may be able to catch it on HDnet movies it shows up on there every few week or so.

Fred