Our state will kick your states ass?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2005, 06:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I am longing for the days when the Big 12 South is decided on T+1. OU has a great program and HAD a series of great coaches, though that nucleus is starting to break up now. UT lost BOTH Defensive Coordinators last year, so I'm a little nervous about the upcoming season. However, if Vincent Young ever learns how to pass effectively, we might not even NEED a defense.

As proud as I am to have the Big 12 South represented in the NC game, I'm tired of it being OU. UT fans are nasty too, but OU fans have a real bad habit of being poor winners.

Trust me, a few years in the Longhorn Band opened my eyes to good and bad sportsmanship.

-Mike
Old 03-12-2005, 11:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by chupr0kabra
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I am longing for the days when the Big 12 South is decided on T+1. OU has a great program and HAD a series of great coaches, though that nucleus is starting to break up now. UT lost BOTH Defensive Coordinators last year, so I'm a little nervous about the upcoming season. However, if Vincent Young ever learns how to pass effectively, we might not even NEED a defense.

As proud as I am to have the Big 12 South represented in the NC game, I'm tired of it being OU. UT fans are nasty too, but OU fans have a real bad habit of being poor winners.

Trust me, a few years in the Longhorn Band opened my eyes to good and bad sportsmanship.

-Mike
Ah, finally. An intelligent civilized conversation about football. Congrats

Actually, I was at OU from 85- Dec 90 (changed majors once) and witnessed OU beat Texas 4 out of 6 times and witnessed 1 national championship

Love OU Sooner born Sooner bred Sooner buried Sooner dead

I haven't been following Longhorns all that closely, but OU I think had the same difficulties this year. We lost Mike Stoops to Arizona which really hurts. No way in hell USC would have scored that many points on OU if Mikey was still there. As time goes on, it seems he was the real genius behind OU's defense. Held Florida State to only 2 points in the NC game 4 years ago (yeah, we won THAT one!! )

Yes OU and UT alike have some poor winners/losers. Although I've been told that UT fans are much more arrogant than OU fans. Don't know why
Old 03-12-2005, 11:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by The Darkside
yeah, why would you want to live in the only state the US gave back to the American Indians?!?!!?!?
We're not talking about the state dumbass. We are talking about the football team. Read the previous posts!!!
Old 03-13-2005, 01:16 AM
TECH Addict

just got a chance to check the net. and my frined reminded me of one thing. who was OUs last loss to in big 12...... TECH granted a few years ago but i thought id throw that out there
Old 03-13-2005, 01:19 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by EATAZ06MMM
Ah, finally. An intelligent civilized conversation about football. Congrats

Actually, I was at OU from 85- Dec 90 (changed majors once) and witnessed OU beat Texas 4 out of 6 times and witnessed 1 national championship

Love OU Sooner born Sooner bred Sooner buried Sooner dead

I haven't been following Longhorns all that closely, but OU I think had the same difficulties this year. We lost Mike Stoops to Arizona which really hurts. No way in hell USC would have scored that many points on OU if Mikey was still there. As time goes on, it seems he was the real genius behind OU's defense. Held Florida State to only 2 points in the NC game 4 years ago (yeah, we won THAT one!! )

Yes OU and UT alike have some poor winners/losers. Although I've been told that UT fans are much more arrogant than OU fans. Don't know why
I was at UT from '93 to '98 and watched some great moments and some really terrible ones as well. I was there when Ricky Williams broke Tony Dorsett's record against A&M. I was there when James Brown rolled left and completed a pass that sealed a victory over Nebraska in the first Big 12 title game. I was there when UCLA beat us 66-3 at home, and there when they beat us again in Pasadena the next year. I bleed burnt orange.

I was also there the year UT and OU tied. That was almost worse than losing because we went through all the excitement of a big game, only to be right back where we started. Both sides walked away pissed that day. Then we lost the next year in OT and tried to line up to leave the stadium while the OU band played Boomer Sooner over and over and over again. Some OU fans said, "Well UT would have done the same thing!" Not true. Paula Crider, the Director of Longhorn Band NEVER would have let us get away with that.

On the other hand, one of the LHB traditions is to have everyone yell "Everybody knows that OU STILL SUCKS!", so we're not above reproach either.

Eventually, UT will put it together and beat OU, and when we do, it will be a HUGE boost to the program. I still think Mack Brown is the right man for the job, but he needs to get his stuff together soon, or he might never have another chance. We've finished with better rankings under Brown since he took over, but if he can't get past OU, he'll eventually lose his job. I'm hopeful that the Rose Bowl showed HIM that he is capable of winning the big game.

-Mike
Old 03-13-2005, 02:18 AM
PiP
TECH Apprentice

We've finished with better rankings under Brown since he took over, but if he can't get past OU, he'll eventually lose his job. I'm hopeful that the Rose Bowl showed HIM that he is capable of winning the big game.
You know Brown signed an extension during the year right?
As long as Dodds is still the AD, Brown will be there (and DeLoss has been there for twenty-four years )
Old 03-13-2005, 03:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Well then, say "hello" to your Momauntcousinsister for me.

-Mike

hahah thats all the same person
Old 03-13-2005, 09:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Talking

Anybody know why they call Oklahoma the Sooner state?

The Sooner you get out, the better....
Old 03-13-2005, 10:32 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 2MuchRiceMakesMeSick
hahah thats all the same person

Wow man, like, did it took you that long to figure that one out?
Old 03-13-2005, 10:44 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by AGRV8D
Anybody know why they call Oklahoma the Sooner state?

The Sooner you get out, the better....

Yeah , you gotta make jokes about the state because you can't beat us in football.

I feel pity for you........
Old 03-13-2005, 10:56 AM
Banned

Okay I have lived in Oklahoma, Tulsa. I have had friends that went to OU and OSU. It was okay.

Texas is better than Oklahoma any day, don't give a **** about the football programs. Texas has more jobs, women, places to go out. We have austin, san antonio, Dallas/Ft worth, Houston, ect. How many bad *** towns are in Oklahoma ??? hmm lets see here OKC, Tulsa, that is it. I think that Texas wins this hands down, WE WILL KICK YOUR STATES A$$, Oklahome is just okay.

JET

TEXAS IS JUST KICK *** STATE.
Old 03-13-2005, 11:07 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by PiP
You know Brown signed an extension during the year right?
As long as Dodds is still the AD, Brown will be there (and DeLoss has been there for twenty-four years )
When the alumni decide it's time for Brown to go, he'll be gone. Dodds thinks he's in control, but the alumni have a much larger collective checkbook.

-Mike
Old 03-13-2005, 01:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Z06 JET
Okay I have lived in Oklahoma, Tulsa. I have had friends that went to OU and OSU. It was okay.

Texas is better than Oklahoma any day, don't give a **** about the football programs. Texas has more jobs, women, places to go out. We have austin, san antonio, Dallas/Ft worth, Houston, ect. How many bad *** towns are in Oklahoma ??? hmm lets see here OKC, Tulsa, that is it. I think that Texas wins this hands down, WE WILL KICK YOUR STATES A$$, Oklahome is just okay.

JET

TEXAS IS JUST KICK *** STATE.
I never once dogged Texas as a state as you can see in my previous posts. I'm not trying to get into a pissing contest about who's state is better. I am talking about football here. My original post clearly states "Not in football it doesn't". This is a fact. A known fact.

Your behavior just goes to show that:

http://tuckfexas.com/photos/index.php?view=27&page=6&

Old 03-14-2005, 02:07 AM
Teching In

Ok so you beat us in the big xii game but at least we won and showed up for our bowl game.
Old 03-14-2005, 02:39 AM
Staging Lane

F the Sooners, GO TECH, we will hit em' we will reck em' we will fu##in kick their ***.
Old 03-14-2005, 02:52 AM
Teching In

Anyone ever seen this page, listen to the song!!!
Old 03-14-2005, 05:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by EATAZ06MMM
Wow man, like, did it took you that long to figure that one out?

Naaa first time to see the thread. I got it right away
Old 03-14-2005, 07:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by satownz28

Anybody try to download this piece of ****? I got nothing. Guess that goes to show who sucks and it aint OU.
Old 03-14-2005, 07:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Renfro
F the Sooners, GO TECH, we will hit em' we will reck em' we will fu##in kick their ***.

Hey good luck on that. Who's team are ya gonna bring??