Wisdom Teeth........

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 09:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually this thread raised a question in my head -- how many of you were under local anesthesia only (no nitrous, no IV, no pills -- just lidocaine)? I was "chatting" with the oral surgeon throughout mine, the bottom two were severely impacted (literally 90 deg sideways) and had to be broken and removed in chunks. I filled the prescription, but never took any -- there was NO pain I bruised badly, and it drained beneath the skin so I had nasty purple/green/orange streaks down my neck, meeting at the bottom of my throat After the bleeding stopped, everything was just fine. To stop the bleeding, my g/f at the time was a dental assistant, and ran and got me tea bags. Who would've thought, but that clotted the blood almost instantly!
Old 03-20-2005, 09:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

i didn't get drysocket, but i was layed out for about a week doped up GOOD. don't remember much of that week at all......

definitely get the gas!!!! i was totally under for my surgery, they had to cut my jaw open to get all four of mine out.
Old 03-20-2005, 10:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hope I dont ever have to get mine pulled lol.

I was telling Will...they should call them "stupid teeth" instead...would be more fitting..
Old 03-20-2005, 11:48 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverStreak1830
i had to get mine pulled when i got into the military...i actually had a very extensive surgury, b/c i had 14 extra teeth!!! all my teeth are strait too so i never knew it, but i had a extra row of teeth on my bottom jaw...like i lost my baby teeth, and had "what i though" was my permanent teeth grow in, but actually i had another set down there...like some kinda freak humanoid shark guy or something...anyhow, it sucked and i was on some serious pain killers!

Jon
my great grandpa or somthing had 3 sets of teeth as well lol

i have one baby tooth still in my mouth with no tooth growing under it, its my only one like that though. it sits lower than all the rest, 5th one back on the driverside bottom of my mouth.
Old 03-21-2005, 12:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

i was put on nitrous... but i could talk to the doctor, i just remember half way through, i told the doctor that he was spraying a 300 shot in my mouth
Old 03-21-2005, 12:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1
my great grandpa or somthing had 3 sets of teeth as well lol

i have one baby tooth still in my mouth with no tooth growing under it, its my only one like that though. it sits lower than all the rest, 5th one back on the driverside bottom of my mouth.
Driver side....

Gotta remember that one..
Old 03-21-2005, 12:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by The Darkside
i was put on nitrous... but i could talk to the doctor, i just remember half way through, i told the doctor that he was spraying a 300 shot in my mouth
lol yeah the last time I was at the dentist, I remember having this stupid smile stuck on my face for an hour or so I was bothering him because I was laughing intermittently while he was drilling...man I could feel my whole head shake when he drilled..but was laughing about it, and those gay looking posters didnt help either. Dudes in little tutus(sp?) doing ballet...

Gawd that **** is good stuff! Too bad we cant walk into the local 7/11 and buy a little can of that **** lol. Any time you feel like your in a bad mood, just slap on your little "NOS" brand nitrous canister "backpack". Kinda like those helmets with straws that hold beer cans...& just put a "window switch" on it for when your not breathing hard only...dont wanna inhale too much <----
Old 03-21-2005, 02:23 PM
Ginger Hater

Originally Posted by Brains
Actually this thread raised a question in my head -- how many of you were under local anesthesia only (no nitrous, no IV, no pills -- just lidocaine)? I was "chatting" with the oral surgeon throughout mine, the bottom two were severely impacted (literally 90 deg sideways) and had to be broken and removed in chunks. I filled the prescription, but never took any -- there was NO pain I bruised badly, and it drained beneath the skin so I had nasty purple/green/orange streaks down my neck, meeting at the bottom of my throat After the bleeding stopped, everything was just fine. To stop the bleeding, my g/f at the time was a dental assistant, and ran and got me tea bags. Who would've thought, but that clotted the blood almost instantly!
yea, i was under local. but i remember a couple things a/b the whole thing, like i woke up once, and remember them pulling out one of the teeth. "supposedly" it was easy to take out. But those lines down the throat. I had those 2 and i didn't remember them telling me if they were gonna be there or not, but i started freaking the first day i had them. And i was with a customer at my work.
Old 03-21-2005, 02:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

yeah, after the surgery i told the dentist, man i need to pick of some of these for the next party... then he told me one of his assitants he had to fire bc they had a lil party one night w/ all the nitrous
Old 03-21-2005, 02:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I had mine out and was at the asino's the next night eating crab legs. I would have passed on the food, but fat guys don't do that. On the drive home I had to pull over and get a cup of warm salt water to rinse with, but other than that I was fine. All 4, all impacted, all the way out for the surgery.
Old 03-21-2005, 03:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1genCamaro
oh I also got a drysocket, it sucks, you have to get this little nasty tasting peice of paper jammed into the socket hurts like a bitch and it'll taste bad for about 6 hours after that and you have to go back every three days 4 times
That peice of paper is CLOVES, like the ciggarettes.Kills all the pain back there,and tastes like ****.It'll definately bring a tear to yer eye.
Old 03-21-2005, 03:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Brains
After the bleeding stopped, everything was just fine. To stop the bleeding, my g/f at the time was a dental assistant, and ran and got me tea bags. Who would've thought, but that clotted the blood almost instantly!
You got tea bagged...
Old 03-21-2005, 03:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

i had to get mine pulled when i got into the military...i actually had a very extensive surgury, b/c i had 14 extra teeth!!! all my teeth are strait too so i never knew it, but i had a extra row of teeth on my bottom jaw...l

Jon

are you related to Beldar Conehead ?
Old 03-21-2005, 04:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ddelallata
are you related to Beldar Conehead ?

not that i know of
Old 03-21-2005, 05:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by AGRV8D
You got tea bagged...
Old 03-22-2005, 12:44 AM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by stone4779
Driver side....

Gotta remember that one..
you know which side i'm talking about right? no confusion there

did anybody see the american chopper episode where mikey went to get a tooth pulled? they woke him up and told him he was done and he says "you're shittin me right?" , they had to show him the hole before he believed they had actually done anything lol.

when he was gettin in the truck, Sr. says "how do you feel?" and mikey goes
".....fucked up man..." it was HISTERICAL, he was definatly throwed off a little bit
Old 03-22-2005, 01:04 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1
you know which side i'm talking about right? no confusion there

did anybody see the american chopper episode where mikey went to get a tooth pulled? they woke him up and told him he was done and he says "you're shittin me right?" , they had to show him the hole before he believed they had actually done anything lol.

when he was gettin in the truck, Sr. says "how do you feel?" and mikey goes
".....fucked up man..." it was HISTERICAL, he was definatly throwed off a little bit
Yeah no confusion there lol...

And Mikey's always been a little off....

He reminds me of an innocent little kid who like to take **** apart but doesnt when anyones watching cuz he knows he'll **** something up

Got a heart'o gold though..
Old 03-22-2005, 08:10 PM
On The Tree

i had 5 wisdom teeth removed about 2 years ago, is wasnt pretty to look inside my mouth afterwards, but recovery time is only about a week, good luck to anyone about to have theirs removed.
Old 03-22-2005, 09:40 PM
ACW
TECH Veteran

i had to get mine pulled when i got into the military...i actually had a very extensive surgury, b/c i had 14 extra teeth!!! all my teeth are strait too so i never knew it, but i had a extra row of teeth on my bottom jaw...like i lost my baby teeth, and had "what i though" was my permanent teeth grow in, but actually i had another set down there...like some kinda freak humanoid shark guy or something...anyhow, it sucked and i was on some serious pain killers!

Jon
That is wild!

Originally Posted by The Darkside